Andersen

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 31 evaluaciones

Executive Assistant

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Preparing Job Arrangement Letters and setting up new clients. Prepare invoices to be sent to clients per directions. Ordering meals for firm and assisting Operations Manager.

Pros

Free snacks

under appreciated
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

it's good overall but just for entry level

No work life balance at all and some managers will not have time for you when you have questions. There is always short staff and you have to work like crazy.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Excellent Company with a tough work/life balance

The company itself is excellent in terms of benefits, comp, job security and promotions. You just have to know what you are getting into first. It is public accounting and the busy seasons can be unbearable at times. The off-seasons are slow. Highs and lows.

Pros

salary, Pto, benfits

Busy season, work/life
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great place to work, but like all public accounting firms, work-life balance can be tough, but still much better than B4.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good place to start your career, but beware of bad seniors

Andersen was a great place to start my career, as I was exposed to many different types of tax returns. The firm provided many opportunities to learn and was supportive for me preparing for and passing the CPA Exam.Busy season is busy season, but I feel that many workers work a number of hours that most would consider to be extreme; in the fall and spring, I worked 55-65 hours per week (Monday through Saturday) and I would usually be the first person to go home at night, even after working 11-13 hours that day.Management is good for the most part. I answered to nearly a dozen managers and seniors, most of whom were very supportive and had a strong desire to see new hires succeed. However, there was one or two specific seniors that were VERY difficult to work with due to their condescending attitudes, demanding expectations, and contradictions in their notes and reviews. All it took was working for one bad senior to make me dread going into the office every day during busy season, as they made an already stressful job even more stressful.

Pros

Supportive of preparing for CPA Exam, many good supportive managers, excellent learning opportunities, free busy season dinners

Contras

Busy season is busy season, some managers are very dififcult to work with
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Fearful environment, drama, favoritisim

It is a very stressful environment. There is no training, and they expect you to know everything, if you ask they wont help you since they all are too busy to answer your questions. Therefore, be prepare to be alone in this journey. No room for improvement, if your senior or manager doesn't like you then you are done.

Overall, not great.

Belligerent management. Extreme hours. Toxic/fearful work culture. In my time at Anderson the work/life balance was extremely disproportionate. Upper management favoritism. Would not recommend.

Pros

Convenient downtown office, paycheck ( although not much, it did get deposited every other Friday. )

Contras

Toxic culture. Backstabby, catty, upper management.

Good Place to Begin Your Career

Andersen gave me the opportunities to develop the beginning of my career, but it has felt as though the steam has started to go out a bit in terms of their drive to continue my development. I believe that returning after a couple years of experience at another company would be the best way to prove my worth to certain levels of management.

Pros

Good life/work balance

Contras

Rigid adherence to sometimes draconian policies
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

The company needs to reassess its goals

The company as a whole is ok not perfect. At any point in time their are people who throw you under the bus for their own advancement. You’re ok at this firm as long as management likes you and if they don’t then you are not even considered to be worthy of mentions in meetings, given projects, and quite frankly worth their time to teach.

Pros

Free busy season dinners

Contras

No work life balance, a lot of inner office drama, and too many political games
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good place with knowledgeable people

The job could be very challenging at times. It matters which manager or partner you are working with. Overall, great place where you will learn a lot.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great work environment. Progressive leadership. Lots of Diversity. Growing and opening new offices internationally. Very exciting.

Everyday is a learning experience and I enjoy working with brilliant people who stay current with the changing tax legislation and laws. It's all very interesting and I am busy all the time.

Pros

Great Benefit Package, Mentoring, On-Line Classes.

None.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Growing company with many opportunities for "go-getters"

If you enjoy preparing tax returns with great people, then Andersen might be the place for you. The day to day is rival to other regional tax accounting firms.

Pros

Busy Season Dinner, some very talented managers, great place to start your career

Contras

Long hours during busy season, some micromanaging managers

productive and fun

I has interesting clients at Andersen Tax, I got along with the partners, staff and clients. The good thing about Andersen Tax is that it is all Tax so there are not independence issues to worry about. They laid me off after 4 months without explanations. The company is at 125 High Street in Boston.

Pros

Interesting clients

sometimes stressful

not a supportive environment

The days are long and stressful. Very unfair practices with work distribution and mentorship is only existent on paper. Be prepared for seven days per week work weeks.

Professional place

A large accounting firm with an investment and tax preparation site. Very competitive and stressful place in busy seasons. Long hours characteristic of accounting places.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Managers leave early, associates work late

The PAS practive at Andersen Tax is very... stressful. LONG hours. HEAVY workload. Delusional deadlines. Managers leave early to attend "Kings/Dodger" games. No true leaders that TEACH seeing as all they do is request, request and request but dont actually DO anything. Some managers do not even know how to download a GL and instead, email associate to stop whatever they are doing to do their request.

stressful and isolating

-small office -feels like a high-school -not much diverse work -managers are difficult to approach -very poor training process -not collaborative work environment

stressful and long hours

I would go in at 6am and started working on whatever I was not able to finish the day before because it was midnight and I was still working and clients documents.

Pros

I was getting paid hourly

Contras

it was too much during busy season

I do not enjoy working for Andersen Tax

The training opportunities given to staff and seniors are not present. In general management will throw you under the bus. Instead of helping with issues, most partners, directors, even managers will leave for home letting their staff and seniors take care of most problems. Then if the work is not perfect they will yell at the staff or senior.

CPAs, Tax Law, Attorneys, EAs

A very good place to work. Highly efficient, advanced systems in excel and pro-systems software, wealth management. Great company with highly effective systems.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

My job position was not what I was hired to do.

I was hired to work primarily in the alternative investment practice (primarily partnership.) However, the Partner on a large family group wanted me to work on that engagement since the tax manager on the engagement left shortly after I started. I had worked on that same engagement for that Partner when she was a senior manager at Arthur Andersen. Because of the way she managed the engagement, I didn't have the opportunity to work with the alternative investment group. The partner that I did about 75% of my work with did not provide adequate guidance and did not value by expertise, particularly regarding LLC's, private foundations and issues around allocation of step-ups to the numerous private equity partnerships resulting from the death of the family patriarch.

Pros

Well respected firm

Contras

Employees tended to be very "cliquey."
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Andersen. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general