Apache Corporation

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 271 evaluaciones

Ambiente normal

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
No hay estabilidad de trabajo por lo q no es una compañía estable

They had no leadership

There were a bunch of employees where they just didn't know where to put them and they had no direction or path for them. This lead to a lot of people not really having a specific job to do and thus not adding a lot of value. They had almost no commitment to their people and dropped them as soon as they could.

Not a friendly place

To much of the old BP guard, fuĺl of cliques , things done behind your back, no one with any courage to talk to you face to face. All in all not a pleasant workplace.

Clique

Was a great place

Loved the people I worked with would still be working. Covid 19 forced the company to do layoffs. work home life was very well balanced. Foreman was amazing. Upper management had its moments

Pros

work home life

upper management
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Can be rewarding if you are actually working on funded projects

When the projects you are assigned to are receiving funding from upper management then the work is enjoyable and engaging. The majority of my time with Apache, the projects I was assigned to were not receiving funding and the work was trivial and pointless. The CEO and a small group of VPs decide what gets funded based on the market research and not internal numbers. I was very well trained and when working on active projects enjoyed the challenge of the work. Frequent layoffs and staff reductions were terrible for mental health on the job.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Good place to work at

Working there wasn't so bad. Pay was good. There was some favoritism but thats at evey job. Just watch out for them snakes cause they will be around the work area.

Pros

Good pay

Drama
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Productive and goes by fast

Everyone there is nice and the staff is helpful. The boss was good at physically showing you how to workthe machines and how to put things in order. Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. Good amount of time for lunch and 15 min. Breaks.

Pros

Goes by fast
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Toxic environment, company is not what is used to be

Upper management are a bunch of liars about achievements, just to justify a position. Stay away if you are honest. Company changed last 3-4 years for the worse. Environment is toxic, very toxic.

Pros

Pay is good, benefits are good too, but they couldn't buy my integrity

Contras

Managers had their preference and they ignore the rest of the group, managers only care about themselves.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Experience no longer matters at Apache.

Apache was once the place everyone wanted to be and for good reason. This will probably sound as if I am a disgruntled employee, I am not. Business is business and I am very happy not being at Apache anymore. Apache used to take care of the employees and in return we were a dedicated bunch. But after many failed management decisions the company started to come apart. Managers were more concerned with keeping their job at any cost, which was always on the backs of the field hands. It was more about blame versus solve the problem. My family decided enough was enough and made an exit plan. It was just in time, now they have used threats to some employees to return to work, from short term disability, or lose your job. With a child in critical care, that is just sad.

Pros

No more pros

No more “Family First”
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It was an always changing job and fast paced. I had a lot of room to grow and training was provided. The pay was GREAT compared to competitors. If you have the opportunity, apply.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Competitive work environment with fair pay

A good company to stay and grow if you can survive from the workload and cyclic nature of oil and gas. Great pay overall. A lot of overtime. Workload can be challenging for one would like to have a good work/life balance. Management made some mistakes but seem to get back to the right track.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

One of the companies I truly miss before all the ted tape came along.

This used to be a great company to work for, they had great management at ground level. Offered great benefits at the time. Too bad they pulled out of Canada, but who can blame them.

Pros

Great shift work, company vehicle, great benefits.

They left Canada

Thrive in right environment

Management is vastly different throughout the different organizations. I would ask questions about communication and make sure it’s not just top to bottom in order to be a strong member of your team.

Toxic CoWorkers

I worked full time at Apache Corporation for over 11 years. My coworkers, in my group, were toxic but that was not the case in all groups. In other groups I worked in, the people were wonderful and the Manager was top notch. They were petty and always looking for a way to make themselves look better by making you look bad instead of working as a team. Supervisor was deaf to the concerns and blind to the actions of others. In other groups I worked in, the people were wonderful and the Manager was top notch. Apaches benefits are excellent! They added, in the last two years, a week of elder care, 5 days for family funeral leave and 5 floating holidays instead of three, in addition to 10 paid holidays and vacation time. They also match 401K at 8% and have an annual bonus.

Pros

Free lunches sometimes, company activities such as THe Nutcracker Houston Ballet annually, usually a family museum night.

Contras

Dog eat dog environment the last few years and terrible upper management.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Un ambiente de tranquilidad y mucha buena vibra

Manténgase concentrados en su trabajo y siempre estar a la viva y trabajar en colectivo

Pros

Buenos

Ninguno

Supportive and Productive Atmosphere

After 14 years with the company I was laid off this year but still I cannot say anything negative about my experience at Apache Corporation. The only con I would list would be the mentality that holds back employees from advancement because they didn't have the opportunity to gain a degree. Even after working their a decade I could not advance any further without a degree despite years of experience which I find to be a rather stale mentality.Otherwise I had very positive experiences. I learned and grew with Apache with a very supportive atmosphere including a management staff. I was given some opportunities to explore different facets of the company because there stood an underlying belief I could succeed by my managers. In doing this they only expanded on my experience and knowledge which I am thankful for.

Pros

Management Staff, Pay & Benefits, Working Atmosphere

Advancement Opportunities
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Productive, safety comes first, enjoyable

In the 29 yrs I worked there I was able to advance in positions,I was very happy most of the time, I also worked under 9 different Foreman’s, I fill that the company is a great place to work.

Pros

Provided truck to use to and from work, able to take off in emergencies

Short handed

Very professional workplace.

Apache believes in the growth of each employee, and provides opportunities for professional development. Apache is a great place to work, and to strive to be premier!

Pros

Excellent compensation!

Possibly too many changes:
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

The management here has failed

This place is known as a sweat shop. Very hard to advance unless you know someone who knows someone. They say they are work life balance but then guilt you for taking time off and/or never promote you for it. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.

Pros

Decent benefits

Overworked and under paid
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Lact of coopration from management

Management don not treat each person with respeck. They promote people who are not qulafied. They pass over more qulafied people. Very little training on new equpment.

No direction!

Poorly managed company that’s unsuccessfully centrally organized. Nearly everyone I worked with was unhappy. My manager did not know his job and was not respected.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Apache Corporation. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3,6 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Apache Corporation
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?