Army National Guard

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 17.430 evaluaciones

muy buena tremendo trato

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
es muy buena ayudan aser una mejor persona te ayudan en cualkier cosas que no sepas
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good

Good place to work, for experience If you want to serve your country but be home as well it’s a great job to have. Plenty of benefits, but make sure u get the right job and a decent unit

It’s the Army

most of your ARMY things, depends on your unit and how high speed you are. Of course pay sucks but it tends to be on the upward trend the more high speed you are.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great place just toxic leadership

Typical military toxic leadership. Where they all care for one person, themselves. They will destroy careers to make themselves look good. People are good but the leadership needs some tweaking.

Pros

Free College

Leadership
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Useful on the civilian side, waste of time otherwise!

Probably varies from unit to unit, but my unit is not good! Poor managed drill weekends feel like a waste of time, pessimism is rampant, and any attempt at using the skills your spent months or years in schools training is so poorly managed it feels like a waste of time. If you get a good MOS, you can propel your civilian career. Gets you veteran's bonuses, even more if you deploy for some time. Looks great on a resume.

Pros

Useful skills and certifications for civilian side

Contras

Waste of time when you're actually there
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Rewarding

Challenging but rewarding career. It is not for everyone but I think it a unique experience to those interested. It is difficult on family life and very stressful at times.

Not bad

The army national guard is a good stepping stone to get you into a field you like. With free college and training for your job its a great gig. Some times its tough but overall worth it.

Pros

free training

military
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It's what you make of it

The National Guard is what you make of it. If you are proactive in going to schools and getting tasks done at a high, productive pace, you will rank up fairly easily. The pay is not great, but it is decent for what it is worth. The rest of your experience will depend on your leadership. If you are unfortunate enough to have leaders who are either full of themselves or dont give a sh**, you will find yourself not enjoying it. My leadership is a mixed batch of good and bad. I tend to enjoy the work but still hate being there because of a few leadership personnel. Overall, I could have lived without joining the guard, but I do not regret it. The military always gives a bittersweet feeling.

Pros

Free Gym, Some freedom, Decent days

Leadership, Lack of direction, transparency

Great networking opportunities.

With good leadership comes good growth opportunity. The vastly different walks of life you meet bring a lot of opportunities in your civilian life as well.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Learn to be a leader and work as a team

It's a great way to pay for college and learn new skills at the same time. The ability to get Tricare for health coverage is by far a very awesome benefit with insurance cost now. It's not always fun and great, but we'll worth it in the long run. It is what you make it.

Busy weekends

Good job, good benefits, don't make any plans on drill weekends. Only issue is the contractors change often and so do the benefits. I had 3 in less than 2 years on the job.

Very exceptional

It takes discipline to be a soldier, the training are very challenging but with commitment and being zealous one would always get through. Determination is the key.

Hours

Long hours but otherwise good benefits and you meet cool interesting people. There’s always something to do never a dull moment working with the Army National Guard.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

You'll learn discipline, and how to work with people you dislike.

While experiences might differ as the army is always changing and that I am a 12B, some things I say you will witness if you join. A typical day in basic training is waking up at 0400 or 4 am with pt being at 0515. After you'll have a few minutes before you are marched to the defac (Army version of the cafeteria)in formation.After eating you'll hop on transportation and do training of some type.

National guard

The national guard provides great benefits like basic house allowance, higher education tuition through EAP program. VA loan also is offered to guardsmen after serving for 6 years.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Job with excellent opportunities for advancement

excellent organization that allows you the opportunity to learn a great trade based on your abilities as well as advance in your career. Lots of opportunities to travel the world.

Pros

great pay and travel opportunities

Contras

Sometimes the hours can get long.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

The guard has awarded me many different opportunities. Despite what many people may think about the Army, it has changed my life. It has developed and shaped me into the dynamic leader I am today. It has also given me a trade that I can carry over into my civilian life. The benefits are unmatched. From free college to job security, it doesn't get better than the Army National Guard.

Good for Tuition

The Ohio National Guard prides itself in being an organization that functions just like active duty, without the benefits. You have to pay for tricare, find your own job, housing, etc and maintain a physical fitness standard, “monthly”drills that happen more than monthly, and deployments.

Worst Job Ever

Pay isn't horrible until you calculate the hours you were actually there, then you realize it's ridiculously low. Forced to be vaccinated. Leadership is awful. Avoid at all costs.

Pros

Learning how to be homeless

Contras

Living like a homeless person

Depends on Where You Are

Everyone’s experience is different. Mine has been good. Every state is different, every MOS is different, and every unit is different. If you’re going to make a 20 year retirement out of it, do yourself a favor and get an MOS in aviation. You’ll be glad you did.

Fun workplace

Great place to work. Management was great. Easy to move up if you put in the work. Fantastic benefits, they have the cheapest insurance you can find anywhere.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Army National Guard. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

4,3 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Army National Guard
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?