Atkore

3,2Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 398 evaluaciones

mas que un trabajo se siente como una gran familia

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
tuve la oportunidad de conocer a grandes personas que hoy en dia son mas que amigos, son familia.

Poor

This company says they hardly ever work Saturdays but I remember working about a month without a day off because we had to work all the Saturdays. There is hardly any teamwork. Maintenance was always so rude to help come fix your machine when it went down. Never knowing if you would work an 8 or a 12 because you could be mandated to stay over just a couple mins before your shift ended

Well rounded team work

Start of the day you find out what lines you work. After that hit the ground running.Management were always on board to show us how to do things right.I learned a lot not only from my higher up but my team as well.I think the hardest part of the job was trying to slow down an pick up on everything. That is due to the type of person I am because I just want to learn as much as I can but there is so much to learn and that is a good thing.

Pros

Benefits, pay, learning, days off are great

Sometimes the smells lol

Overall Work Moral

They try really hard to make you as an employee feel like a person and NOT just a robotic human who works for them. Granted all work places has their fair share of management issues, but on the floor I personally had no issues and no drama. Everyone was welcoming and helpful no matter what. The only reason for me quiting was because I am in college and wasn't able to balance my personal, my work, and my educational life. They can only do so much as a factor company to help with that aspect. I would 100% go back after I graduate. Pay is good with the work you do, and some pay does flux accordingly to the job you're doing. I had no issues or hard feelings, and again felt like a person not one of the machines like most manufacturers do. ALSO their safety is 100% first which was shocking to me because again jobs talk a lot but don't act. Atkore absolutely acts and care for you, if it means losing a bit of money and time I have seen them shut down a part of their factory to fix a safety hazard.

Naw

They don’t care about single fathers who have kid points out had hour left of work fires me. Place shouldn’t be like this. Was a nice place to work till lies fire ya
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Wouldn’t recommend it

I really was unhappy there. Kind of a sh*show the entire time. Pay was not competitive and management was lacking. Lots of false promises. Plenty of hours though.

Toxic workplace

Only place I have ever worked at where people are hateful. Threatening and physical violence. Go park outside and talk to the real employees leaving at shift change

Not safe

The team was negative and they don't care about your safety and well being. Because of how poorly managed, no one stays. This means mandatory weekends and mandatory overtime. And you dont get a notice of change. So your only life is going to be Atkore. People are cruel and management can't and doesn't see any issues.

Safety, personal, hours, benefits

No communication

No communication within the work place an very limited with work but micro mangement. Mangement was very rude and I felt they didn’t care about me as an employee

Disappointed

My manager was completely disconnected from my function. I rarely received support when needed. I left the company in October and didn’t receive an exit interview. I was completely disappointed in not having an opportunity to voice my feelings. I committed four years of my life to a business that ALWAYS spoke about culture and values yet didn’t have the personal respect to listen when it was important to me.

Atkore unistrut

Good company, worked through Mainstay Recruitment agency for 6 month's, Easy work, sometime's overtime, Good work colleague's. Only commuting for me was around 3 hour's per day!

Pros

Easy work

Commuting

Great place to be!

It’s been an awesome experience since day one. Like anything else there’s good and things that can be improved. But the good outweighs the things that need improving in my opinion. I like the emphasis Atkore places on training, diversity & inclusion, and the desire to always be improving. Overall a great company.

Pros

Growth opportunity, global presence, training, company culture

Contras

Insurance coverage options could be better
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It’s okay job for just out of highschool

Super good job for a few months but the 12 hour shift ware on you fast plus you have to stand on concrete all day plus they won’t even let you have your phone on the floor
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Ever changing hands not always good

Start working there in was good. But with the constant change in management that dont follow their company's view or act with human decency. It is worth the time and effort anymore.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

How this place stays open is a wonder.

Atkore management is horrible. They are the most incompetent group of ppl you will ever work for and they blame their failures on the ppl on the floor. Unistrut used to be a very well run place and dominated the market. Now, they only have a small percentage of it.

Pros

Nothing I can think of.

Contras

Health insurance, management, old equipment that should be in Greenfield Village.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good place to step foot into the industry

Good place to work at, met down to earth people from different diversity. Was able to learn new trick that’ll probably help later on in my career path.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good Place. HORRIBLE management.

It is not a bad place to work. The pay seems to be getting adjusted to new rates and anybody that wants to work and make good money over time is widely available. BUT. The managers are HORRIBLE in the extrusion department. Very disrespectful. Lack of social skills and don’t know how to talk to people. The Production Manager is a joke.

Pros

Lots of overtime

Poor management and 12 hr shifts

Lots of overtime

The supervisors did not do their jobs at learn more from staff.People were drunk and highSupervisor could not help when there was a problem . Worked on second shift had to wait until the next day if I had a problem to get it solved.

Pros

Free lunches

HR is horrible

No breaks for some.

The people are nice. The job it's self is fast paced. Some people don't get breaks and there's no one to relieve you to get one. If some machines break down you work on it yourself while carts pile up behind you. Insurance is HIGH!

Pros

Pay is good

Contras

High insurance, no breaks, work on your own machine if it breaks down
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It's what you make of it.

The type of job you have will likely dictate how you feel about the company. Union employees have a difficult (though well-paid) job. Chronic absenteeism and leave abuse put a tremendous burden on those who come to work. Many new employees are being brought on to replace experienced employee who are retiring en masse. Micromanagement and siloing between departments and business units leads to many lost opportunities. There are a lot of good people here, with plenty of opportunities to move up, learn more and do more. I feel respected and am overall very happy, although supervisors should be treated better.

Pros

Compensation & benefits, co-workers generally helpful and friendly, Team atmosphere, Diverse and inclusive workplace, Company is well-positioned for the future.

Contras

Work/life balance can be difficult at times, "us vs. them" mentality, company is having a hard time differentiating between being lean vs. being cheap, Slow to adopt changes, integrate technology and invest, focus is not on organic growth, Lack of recognition for employees that do the heavy lifting.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It’s union. It’s never their fault. The product quality is questionable

It’s an all new management team. They had an issue making good product for a year because the got rid of quality people for unqualified people. Very political

Pros

Turkey at thanksgiving

Contras

Nothing special average benefit package
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Atkore. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3,1 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Atkore
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?