BAE Systems

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 998 evaluaciones

Excelente ambiente laboral

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Muy agradable el ambiente laboral, contaba con psicologo, nutriologo.

Bae

Overall a good place to work.Has some minor kinks to work through as most places.General staff get treated well and there is progression if your face fits.

Pros

Salary
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Too top heavy with managers who do not address employee issues

Company has grown too big and there are way too many competing priorities at all levels. Growth opportunities are minimal for employees unless you are part of the leadership development program which many of those individuals leave the company within 1 - 5 years.

Great reputable company

BAE Systems is a very strong brand and good to get on your resume. The company has many opportunities on offer in many diverse areas of the business and different programs. Management overall is ok but could be more understanding with regards to different work arrangement requirements. Almost everyone is friendly and approachable. The culture is getting better but there is still a high turnover rate on the program which is a function of both the culture and the current stage of the program which is in its infancy.

Productive and inclusive workplace

Enjoyed the work, covering the whole of the process for land systems. Interesting to work with partner companies and deal with cross national interests and ways of operating.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Suffering mental health. Horrible management. Employees stabbing knives in behind your back.

No understanding from team leaders their people skills are awfulHealth problems are disrespected and discriminated against , adjustments arent made or listened too at all so welfare is lax , not good enough Unfair treatment & prison like behaviour cant step out of line or they make you feel rubbish and badmouth you label you too other people can’t make mistakes so everyone gossips & stabs you in the back. Management is patronising and will go to any length to upset you in workOffices are miserable Unfair expectations of people when they know your individual circumstances Your watched like a hawk

Pros

Pay after working up the ladder is good

Contras

Uncomfortable, Bad management, some horrible people, gang culture in bullying unhealthy working culture, discrimination

Environment Supportive

Quality of the employees and the mission of the company made this enjoyable for the most part. Some Middle management could be insecure and it would filter down in a "throw you under the bus" behavior toward their staff. You learn to avoid those types. Great Senior Leadership.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Varied work but depressing enviroment

Benefits BAE Systems attracts employees due to the benefits of working there. These include: High wages, job security (contracts until 2050), integrated degree and the company car policy. However, these are the only benefits! Management From the moment I entered this company, I realised management only care about themselves and most of the time you are left to figure problems out on your own. This frequently made me feel unmotivated. People Workers within this organisation are generally miserable and this atmosphere is very draining. Day to day work I frequently did business admin work not project management. One of my roles involved being a scribe... LocationBarrow-in-furness is not a good place to live. If you are a young person you will struggle finding anything interesting to do. 30 miles to the lake district is not exactly 'a stones throw away'OverallI left this organisation and it is the best decision I ever made. Trust me, this place is not worth your mental health.

Steady place to work.

Hours are good.Systems engineering approach with good standardsHardworking military staffCultural differencesWorking with respectful and hardworking individuals
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Hard labor, not for everyone

I stared as an apprentice, worked my way up to journeyman. Getting raise every 6 months helped alot in motivating. If you want to be an overtime king, you can, if you don't, you probably won't even be asked to work.Every year layoffs happen, but pipe shop was not as affected as other departments.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Not a good place to work

Advise employees not to work in BAE SYSTEMS its for employees with strong connectionSee how many employees leave the companyPlease ask before you work at BAE SYSTEMS so your not sorry for that decision

Pros

It's as a government company

Contras

The management is not fair with employees
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Hard work, with lots of responsibility, but a great team

Been here for six months.Very supportive team. Great communication with my boss and chain of command.You do have to work hard for your pay, no doubt about that.But I have a level of autonomy about how I carry out my work. My team genuinely appreciate my expertise, and we work well together and complement each others skill sets.Supportive with home working and travel.Training opportunities once you get in the door are good.

Pros

Excellent team. Interesting work, feel like I'm making a genuine contribution.

Contras

Poor office environment, but not an issue.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good place to work but salary below market value

Good place to work but salary well below market value. Very old technology - depends what project you are on.A good company to use as a stepping stone onto something better.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great People but easy to get pigeon-holed

At BAE, I was fortunate to work for fantastic managers and on a very supportive team. That said, I was very good at a specific thing so it wound up becoming "my thing" and I spent most of my time on it rather than gaining a more versatile skillset to allow growth and eventual advancement.

Excellent

Awesome place to work Great terms and conditions Great support from my team Management excellent and very down to earth Wish I was here 20 years ago Sorry to leave after an excellent year

Bully culture

Bully culture and ble culture, no team work and contractors are not liked either, on a positive note the projects are good, better management is required
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

BAE inc has plenty of opportunities all across the US. Also a wide range of technical challenges. Generally organized by functions which makes interfunctional communication a challenge. Also could improve with retaining knowledge.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Weak management and average to below average wages

Benefits continue to erode. Eliminated profit sharing. Reduced time off. Reduced/eliminated individual awards which were to replace profit sharing. Engineers leaving in droves. Attempting to hire new employees at higher levels than those that left. Raises 4-6% below inflation. If you are a 40+ years old employee, it appears you are not valued compared to your younger counterparts (i.e. lower raises and no bonuses).

Pros

Free popcorn and air conditioning

Contras

Below salaries when compared to local market

Typical Big Govt Contractor

Lack of leadership and cut throat management. No concern for employees. Like to underbid and fight for ECPs later. Mainly a body shop. Glad I left.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Average company with jobs for mates

Pay is average to below market rate for comparable roles and industryVery unstable work environment with regular redundancies - mostly due to management not being able to resource manageLoads of people Suddenly found to be in new roles that were never advertised or that had been awarded before it was advertisedGreat products that do wonders for our armed forces, but a lot of waste and very poor management that results in increased costs and lost contracts

Great purpose

Great company purpose and meaningful work. Pay was low to average and opportunities were limited. Very smart and talented employees to learn with and from.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en BAE Systems. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general