Barrette Outdoor Living Inc.
3,2 de 5 estrellas.
Realizar una evaluación

Evaluaciones de Barrette Outdoor Living Inc.

Evaluar a esta empresa

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 207 evaluaciones

Trabajo divertido

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Es un buen lugar para trabajar en equipo, la mayoria de los empleados son hispanos y se convierten en familia.. Los supervisores son muy buenos y responsables. En tiempo de calor es muy caliente y en tiempo de frio es muy dificil ya que no hay calefaccion...

Pros

Trabajo en equipo

Breaks cortos, mala administracion

9 julio 2021
Thanks for sharing your positive work experience at BOL! We appreciate your feedback!**¡Gracias por compartir su experiencia laboral positiva en BOL! ¡Agradecemos sus comentarios!

Everyone does what they have to do and what is expected of them

Other than hours being cut due to nobody ordering from them it’s a great company to work for. They do not pay you for your 30 minute lunch break but they let you leave the premises to get food
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Needs to be a better work environment

The work environment could be better and the pay needs to improve. When I worked there the maintenance department received little to know trains and there was a high turnover.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Hybrid work was about the only benefit

Workers are pigeon holed into narrow roles, and burnout is clear. Projects were boring and repetitive. Hybrid work was about the only thing going for it.

Pros

Remote work

Contras

Management, team structure, and product line

No family life

This company will work you into the ground. All about the profit margins. Spent 3 years of my life there and was promised 3 separate raises and never received a single cent more in my hourly.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Growth

While working there I’ve been able to learn a lot and my manufacturing skills have improved. Management could be improved but that’s everywhere. Overall not too bad
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

We’ll run company full of good people.

Nowhere is perfect, but overall, BOL is a great company with good people. Managers are concerned with the well being of their team and company’s products are well made and easy to promote.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

People are friendly and care about each other

The culture at BOL in Flint is amazing. They truly care about the people. I would recommend anyone looking for an opportunity to grow to apply there.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good coworkers, descent pay.

I would not wish this place on my worst enemy. Upper mgmt. is always complaining about running your machine maxed out on speed even knowing you are producing scrap. Scrap is fine if Barrette needs the parts

Pros

Good work schedule, descent pay

Everything else
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Not a good place to work

The management sucks they have team leads who think they can talk to you any kind of way they want to. They are rude with you and yell at you for no reason at all. I didn't like working there at all. They aren't very friendly people there.

Bad place to work

A Bad place to work management works you like dogs they miss treat you and also you’re underpaid There is no growth in that company and I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work there

Management is a joke

Supervisor from second shift it’s so unfair, he’s always bothering people who work and the ones that don’t always gets away with it. Oh yeah, you can be disrespectful with coworkers, they will give another chance and will laugh about it. If you work at night or early mornings, take a nap. They will also give you a lot of chances to do it too 👍🏼

Good Place to Work

I had a good experience with Barrette. The management and the supervisors are fair and the pay is decent for the area. You have to work 12 hour shifts but technically you only work 6 months out of the year.

Pros

benefits

Contras

12 hour shift
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

HR Representative are not fair taking decisions

When you give everything to do your work better and keep the work environment safe, coaching, training new personal for more than 1 year and 8 month, they can fired you in just one second without hesitation, so my advice if you are going work here just focus on do you work and learn from mistake, this is on plant city plant.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Shift lead wasn't bad. Upper management was a joke.

My shift lead was usually pretty fair but the upper management couldn't pull their heads out of you know where. Always complaining about some people needing to miss for a day but then turning around and letting others miss for 3 at a time. Pay isn't that great considering what you have to deal with. Then at the start of the year they changed the 2nd shift schedule from 6 PM - 2:30 AM to 9:30 PM - 6 AM. I signed on to work 2nds, not graveyards.

Pros

Laid back shift lead

Sorry upper management
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

This place sucks if your looking to move up in a job forget it

Management is very poor this is a place that never has the same people for longer then a week or two people are disposable bo room for advancement if you are lucky Maybe they give you a bit more responsibility and no pay raise and expect the world from you.there is no room for advancement and the management is awful they will hire you and it doesn't matter if you are here for a day or 20 years you aren't going anywhere

Was fun

You can be threatened with violence from another employee and nothing will happen as a part timer. The hours are ridiculous leave you no time for family life

Fun work place

Great place to work for have no complaints looking to . achieve and move up the ladder . great place to work for .u will feel the same when u get hired

Pros

Free lunch

12 abril 2022
Thanks for sharing your great experience from working at BOL! We value your feedback!

DO NOT take a job with this company

This is the poorest excuse for a job I've ever seen. Employees are completely disposable... to the point they literally have a policy that if you clock in one minute late on more than one occasion you are immediately terminated. Also, expect to drive to work regardless of weather, my friend was once expected to show up to work AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT with two feet of snow on the ground. The management is pathetic, employees are treated like work monkeys and never offered any kind of chance for advancement. If you ever need anything from the HR department be prepared to wait 4-6 WEEKS for a response, even if you try to speak to them in person they never have time for you. My advice is simply stay away from Barrette's and take your skills to someone who cares and doesn't see you as disposable.

Pros

Absolutely nothing

Contras

Short Breaks, lack of management, lack of HR, lack of workplace respect

28 febrero 2022
Thank you for your honest feedback - it is much appreciated. Yes, we do take attendance very seriously, so that your peers have the respect of their coworkers being on time. Additionally, twice in 2022, we have closed the plant due to inclement weather, and employees were not unreasonably held accountable for attendance points related to that closure. We do regularly post for internal job promotions, and we have new HR members on the team to help address some of what you've outlined. Best wishes to you in your future!

poor management and power hungry team leads

I would rate the company at zero stars if I could. At least C Shift as a forklift operator. Management is a joke, gatekeeper is too power hungry and believes they are above everyone else, and if you have a problem with them, they’ll call in someone bigger to send you home because they cannot handle their own business.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

They don’t respect you and gossip about your business to everyone.

I will never recommend this place to anyone. They work you until you can’t work nomore and don’t appreciate the work you do put in. Night shifts are very understaffed causing a messy hostile work environment. I have permanent work related injuries because of this place.

Pros

Decent pay

Short breaks, dusty, dangerous

20 enero 2022
We are so sorry to hear about your experience at BOL. We are actively recruiting and adding headcount regularly to improve our staffing levels. Thanks for your candid input.

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Barrette Outdoor Living Inc.. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

2,9 de 5 estrellas en Estabilidad laboral/Desarrollo profesional
2,8 de 5 estrellas en Gerencia
3,0 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Barrette Outdoor Living Inc.
  • Evaluaciones de empleados