Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 96 evaluaciones

ambiente de tranbajo hostil

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
la envidia y el opacar a los trabajadores para subir de puesto.los supervisores se sintieron intimidados con mis capacidades y me miraban como una posible amenaza en contra de su puesto

Great Place To Practice you Lean Management Skills

As an employee at Bendix I find it enjoyable to work there. Nobody is breathing down your neck if you go and do what you are suppose to do. The only thing that concerns me is that not everyone is one board and understand the Lean Methodology why its implemented and how it can absolutely help minimize waste within the plant. When waste is eliminated, production increases, which generally decreases the backlog and the amount of overtime. The biggest bottleneck right now in the plant to my opinion is LSW2, LSW4, and the Hybrid. Many people are afraid to express their ideas because of being ridiculed. If they held training sessions on Agile and lean methodologies more team members would open their mind to insights and having input.

Pros

Double time every sunday, working straight 8s, Lean Practices

working 13days straight; not many people understand Lean practices

It's a job

If you can overlook poor decisions by management then it's ok. If you require standards, order and discipline, not so much. Money is decent and benefits are average with other companies in the area. No profit sharing/bonuses or additional 401k contributions.

Very Chill Workplace

Worked there as an co-op but everyone was always very helpful. I was hybrid (but more often remote) and its not bad at all working either way. Boss was pretty chill/smart/understanding so had a great time there overall and learnt a lot about the industry as well.

Pros

Great work life balance

Pay is Okay

Good pay! Great co-workers

Was a great job, and was well paid. I loved all of my co-workers! Was a little dissatisfied with all of the overtime. I loved my 1st shift supervisor but he changed jobs within the company. Overall a good place to work and good environment.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Difficult management group to work with.

There were conflicting goals set by upper-level management. Business groups bonuses were based on reduced spending verses building adequate and efficient assembly lines. Development of a product for production was not adhered too. Development time took way too long, and they are losing customers due to this. Five to Ten years from now, Bendix's market share will be a fraction of what it is tday.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Hard work, lots of over-time, little room for promotion

Was a temporary worker. Over time was every weekend (7 day a week minimum). You switched jobs every couple days so you didn't get burned out. Pay was decent for what it was.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Very productive company. Morning meetings where you received special announcements and machine assignments.

Overall very efficient company. Good training on new equipment, monthly safety meetings, helpful HR department , supervisors and maintenance very helpful in troubleshooting. The only downfall that I experienced was machinery was from Germany(the mother company) so if we didn’t have a part on hand in stock due to a breakdown maintenance had to order from overseas which may extend downtime.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

A company that truly has lost it's soul.

Management is toxic and truly is out of touch. Bendix truly does not care for their employees . Upper management does not listen to nor do they respect hourly workers. Moral is down and we're losing people at an exponential rate and the only thing they seem to be able to do is blame the workers.

Pros

Pay is average

Contras

Toxic environment, continually declining benefits
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good people to work with, that’s about it.

Long hours, “surprise” overtime unannounced. Lot of shift to shift animosity (1st shift sometimes working 8 hours everyday, while 2nd shift working 10-12 hour days).

Lots of overtime

Overtime can be called day of or day before. And we work most saturdays. And 10 hour days. Building is climate controlled which is nice. Other building aren't the same though.

Pros

Decent pay

Overtime
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Not a good work/life balance. Pay should be more for the product being produced- BRAKES for school buses and tractor-trailer rigs.

A lot of surprise mandatory overtime. Difficult to plan things for the weekend because of it. Not a big deal if you're single, or you dont like spending time with your family.High turnover, which makes for a "cold" work culture. Most people who have stayed for a year or more tend to not be very inviting to new employees and stay within their cliques. A bit like a high school mentality.

Pros

Climate-controlled work area. Vouchers for work boots/shoes. Decent benefits.

Contras

Low pay compared to companies making similar products, A LOT of mandatory overtime due to the high turnover, Which, in turn, is due in large part to the lower pay scale.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Money to be made if you're willing to live there.

The job itself is easy, but the work life balance isn't there. There is lots of overtime and 98% of it is mandated. Overtime can be called the day of or the day before and is mandated. Upper management doesn't care about employees as long as they get the numbers they need. Company will/has lied to people getting hired on about the amount of overtime.

Pros

decent pay, 2 weeks vacation, benefits are good

Contras

Tons of overtime, no work life balance

Has its flaws.

Worked 2 years here. Started off OK but after Covid, mandatory 10 hour days and Saturdays were the norm. Worked in shipping department. Management tries to help but definitely understaffed

Pros

Decent money

Mandated overtime

Good Place

Good Place to be and, learn skills. Management must improve in capacity planning and, project management. Organizational accountability is something that must be emphasized as well.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good average workplace but very traditional

I worked there as an intern. They paid well. The company is decent and average. But it can be boring. It may be because I was an intern. Also, there were incidents that made me feel a bit uncomfortable.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good pay, lots of overtime.

You work almost every weekend, but you are compensated well for it. There is a lot of room to learn and advance. Overall a great place to work for especially if you don't mind the overtime.

Pros

Pay

Overtime

Ok pay, bad environment.

You'll have a new boss every year. The overall work environment is very toxic. They'll throw you right in with minimal training and expect you to figure things out on your own. The overtime is ridiculous in some areas and you won't feel appreciated as a worker. It's the most unorganized job I've ever worked.

Pros

Good 401k program, decent pay

Contras

Terrible environment, short breaks, little training

Buena compañia

Buena compañía, excelentes prestaciones, oportunidad de crecer

Pros

Seguro medico

Each plant is different.

I’m currently working at Bendix and I actually enjoy going to work everyday. We have 3 different factories where I work and each one is different. I only know a lot about my building and one other that is directly next to mine. At my building it’s just a giant warehouse and the other two are factories. The one factory that I have worked at a few times makes dampers for different semi truck companies. We call that building “Dampers”. They work a lot and when I say a lot, I mean 10hr days 7 days a week is super normal. It’s not terrible work, but me personally, I’m not a huge fan of doing the same thing day in and day out. It’s not bad to do it one day a week for more overtime, but I definitely don’t think I’d like to do it everyday. They also have a big turnover rate. I chalk it up to being hot, the hours and the unwillingness for people to actually work. They do make more than my building does. My building is great! I definitely make great money and the work is super easy. It can be a lot at first but it gets easier with time. We get the majority of new people through temp agencies, but you can get full hire super quick if you’re willing to learn and actually work. We’re also doing a sign on bonus for new full hires. The benefits are good. You get vacation days the day you start but you have to wait to use them (90 days). They prorate it. You get insurance day one. You also get 20hrs of overtime cancellation. You can use them starting day one. They also give you 16hrs of flew time. You can use it for exactly what it says. Flex hours. Everyone is really nice and the work environment -

Pros

Pay is great especially for the work load. Sign on bonus, vacation, overtime cancellation. Everyone is like family.

10hr days are normal

Growing

Significant growth is seen and more is expected, there is a significant disconnect between what management wants and what actually happens. Rabbit hole tasks are assigned often with no outcome, real understanding of the difficulties faced by employees is lacking. Resources are lacking, employees are given tasks outside their scope without support to complete. Facilities are nice, growth is expected are big positives.

Pros

Growth

Contras

SIGNIFICANT disconnect between leadership team and what it takes to complete day to day operations.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3,4 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?