Benihana

3,1Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 776 evaluaciones

Buen ambiente de trabajo, muy intenso.

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Me ayudó a mejorar mucho el idioma y fue mi primer contacto con clientes. Muchas horas de trabajo, bastante intenso, pero una buena experiencia.

Not a great workplace

While working here I wanted to quit since the day I walked in. Some employees are unwilling to teach. If you want to make money besides from serving and being a chef do NOT work here. I worked as a host and my hours were constantly cut. I couldn’t work here anymore because I was losing more money than I was making. I quit and management was very unprofessional and petty about my decision. Many employees were very vocal about not liking this place since I’ve started and I understand why..There are good managers and some who only see you as a head. Be careful working here.

Unprofessional management, low hours

Fun workplace

As long as you had the best management team then the shift would run perfect also the chefs , it wouldn’t be Benihana without them . You would have to be good at time managing to have a smooth shift.

10 plus hours per shifts

Staffing Always issues guest are not always very nice to you , not great support from corporate side. Always short staff in the front of house. Working in the mall it’s always busy on weekends and free parking . Training is easy staff does most of the work you just got to take quizzes to pass…

Pros

Free employee meals

Needs a new GM

It's an easy job with wonderful coworkers but the restaurant struggles due to poor management. The GM will eventually run this restaurant into the ground.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Time management is key to success here

The atmosphere and culture takes time to get used to here. I prefer more teamwork. Here, servers strive from being self-sufficient. The management is supportive, and I can talk to them about anything. I’ve been given opportunity to grow here and the money is good when guests tip well. But tips are not guaranteed here.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Love making food. Its literally the best. I wish all placers were like this place. Its literaly amazing and the managers are great. The best part is the free food.

Good tips bad management

Rude and unorganised management, new people would receive little to no training and it was always very hectic. People would constantly quit or walk out
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Terrible work environment. No support from management, no training and attitude from staff.

I would not recommend working here. Poor work ethic in the majority of the servers and sushi kitchen. Lost ticket times, grumpy guests because the food doesn't come out in a timely manner. No support from management to solve this issue. No bussers, no barbacks, limited staff makes for a difficult job at a busy restaurant.

everything
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Employees and Management make work terrible

Don’t train you, expect perfection your first week and if not they throw you under the bus and act like you don’t matter or know anything when they don’t know how to train and just walk away all the time!! wouldn’t recommend dealing with drama and being a host certain hosts are rude and don’t care about new employees, managers don’t seem to do anything about it either. if you have anxiety or dealing with anything i wouldn’t recommend i have the worst shifts with certain employees that make everyone’s day worse. never wanted to quit so fast at a job

Always busy

Great place to work. I have worked here many years and I still enjoy my job. This resteraunt is busy year round, so im always making money. Paid vacation is a bonus too!
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Poor leadership from the top down...

Low level hospitality, fake Japanese food, and poor management. Automatically withdrew money from pay for 401K without authorization.Daily chaos in restaurant, with no support from home office. Extremely stressful.

Pros

Two days off per week, which is unusual for the industry.

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Long time ex-chef says do not work here if you love to cook

Why? B/c you will end up hating cooking. The business model is structured like a fast food company. Rewards for chefs to crank in/out as many customers as possible, regardless of food quality and customer experience. Rewards only for management with bonuses for higher profit margins (i.e. no raises for employees, and understaffing/overworking the people who are stuck working there), which results in overworked and underpaid employees. I was given only $1 raise in 4 years. There are chefs here of 15 years who make less than $10 because mgmt.'s refusal for raises.

Pros

friendly coworkers

no raises, overworked
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

The Money is great, sadly management wasn't.

It was rare for me to leave with less then 200$ a night, but even with that, the current management of the location I was at was so horrible I had to leave.

Pros

Always busy, Lots money if you can work for it.

Contras

Terrible management, at least at my location.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

A restaurant that doesn't value its workers.

Even from the first day, there was a lack of structure. Work not getting done, management berating employees for the simplest things. Egos run high among the crew. Kitchen is clean and food quality is good. The culture is what is the issue here. And management for sure needs a refresher on how to run a restaurant adequately. If you call off or are sick (like legit sick) be sure to hear a mouthful of litanies your way for not letting them know ahead of time. Make sure to schedule your illness ahead of time.

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Exhausting attitude from co workers

The upper management seriously needs reassessed. Low pay, no decent raises either I would apply somewhere else. Doesn't even have the best view of.downtown Milwaukee
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Shady immature management who don’t care about their team or the quality or food. Only care about getting customers in and out as soon as possible.

Management doesn’t take responsibility for any of their mishaps, they just blame other managers or employees. Food that is defrosted will sit in the sink without an ice bath for hours at a time, which is against health code.

Pros

Good money

Contras

no life outside of work, disrespectful gossiping managers who don’t know how a kitchen operates effective and properly, they manipulate the health department, Food that is supposed to be expired after preparation date is just relabeled until it sells

Working at benihana was fun . I love it

Five stars benihana beautiful people and good food to eat. Benihana have the best food and drink I'm always going out to benihana to eat good. I'm happy the food always good thanks you benihana
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Upper level management is endlessly trying to destroy this business which would otherwise be and somehow is a huge success.

A typical day at work is you not having the things you need to do your job. Like clean plates etc. to serve customers with. There is never enough prep done, so you constantly have to do prep to order which grinds everything to a standstill.Management is hamstringed by upper management. For instance my boss can't give me a raise he has to ask his boss if it's ok.

Nice place to work.

It can be get little heck it somedays. Mainly when the staff needed for that day is not available. And not enough support from management. Over all the staff are friendly and enjoyed working them.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It ain’t good but it ain’t bad

Well i been working for 4 days now and all i can tell you is it’s really tiring my back and shoulders started to hurt after bussing for long periods of time and i guess it is my responsibility to clean after closing but man it’s kind of pain to clean a whole restaurant with only two people. I would prob recommend working here for experience cause they hire pretty much anyone but if u have other options don’t apply here.

Pros

free drinks and lunch

back pain
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Benihana. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general