Best Buy

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 33.232 evaluaciones

Buen trabajo

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
No pagaban comisiones entonces no podías ganar más del sueldo Que mal que se tuvieron que ir

Great place

Although it was only a seasonal position I learn a lot about the job. They are good and flexible with student schedules. Their people are excellent. Great benefits, employee discount and excellent pay rate.

Fun workplace

Best Buy is a productive and fun workplace, good management, i would say it is an easy first job, it was as well a great place to learn team building. There is room for growth if you show initiative.

Pros

Free lunches

It’s alright I guess

There is nothing special about working here. Most of the time, you’re just waiting for stuff to happen and management doesn’t really help improve, only pressure you to do better.

Fun place to work

Honestly it was hard to get a full time position they only hire seasonal or part-time at most for some reason. But other than that everything about it was great. Tons of support from co-workers, supervisors. It's was fun being competitive and seeing who was selling the most at the end of the day or week. Definitely a solid place if your are a student or getting your first job. The team won't leave you hanging and will always be able to help/ train.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

awful place to work long term

this is a good place to work for a couple of months but you should probably pick up other skills and get a better job. managers do nothing and rarely support you. they harass you to meet goals but don’t offer helpful advise plus they get upset when you ask them for help with a customer. no 15 min break for geeksquad and the whole store sends us people to deal with when they want to get rid of them. highly stressful, poor management and dead end job.

Pros

clocking out

getting hired

Hippocratic Company

Poor pay even as a Leader/ Manager...sales people are not commission yet they have aggressive sales goals they have to hit or we had to coach them and make them feel horrible. I'm telling you as a leader this job wasn't good for most. Turnover was very high and the discount wasn't great overall unless you purchased the Best Buy brand that would break in a month or two anyways.. I wouldn't suggest this to anyone if you if you want a good work life balance.

Do Not Work Here

I started in 2017, and it was great until the new operations manager came in. The main focus has been on getting liquid into cans rather than bottles but forcing people to work an extra day and take their long weekend away. The workplace is so toxic, that it affects my mental health and physical health. I quit this year, and my health has improved drastically. Folks, do yourself a favour and avoid this place. Save your mental and physical health sake, and avoid working here at all costs.

Gerat Employees bad Managment

Great employees, terrible mahagment and higher ups. No room for error, constantly feeling uncomfortable and other POC telling me to watch out for certain managers
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good job if you're starting out

Great place to learn about basic sales and customer service skills. Management sometimes ruins the experience however. Often you are pushed to unattainable goals for the day.

Pros

Good hours

Worked here for 3 months as a seasonal position

Wasn't too bad. Some cool people to work with. Unfortunately, my last day came suddenly when I came in for my shift and asked why I had no more scheduled. They told me the seasonal period ended and they weren't keeping me. So if you work here seasonally, don't expect any kind of warning before being let go.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Cool place to work but job quality varies largely from store to store

Some stores are managed better than others, and I saw this firsthand as my role required me to travel to multiple stores in the area. My manager was nice, but corporate is ruthless and eliminated my position on a whim nationwide and hundreds of people got laid off.

Pros

Employee discount is generous

Job security is low

Great coworkers

Na don't have much to say work there 10 years 3 different stores. Was always fun to go in to work cause you never know who your going to meet and what the day would go

Dont work here !!

If you are not ready to learn working at Best Buy. This isn’t the job for you. Always have growth opportunities depending on what department you are in. The smart technology is always a learning, and never ending question.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Management expects too much of you

All too often somebody was either not showing up or arriving late, and being short staffed enough they expect you to run an entire store yourself. Would not reccommend unless the store has a lot of employees already.

Pros

Good Discount

Stressful
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Management opportunities helped propel career

First job that turned into something more than a job. It helped to propel my career in HR/Operations. The culture and people in my store helped me stay longer than what I intended. Going from part time Asset Protection to Ops Sup then to Ops Manager shows you can have upward mobility with the company IF the stars align. For me it did. Overall, I left because management was not being consistent and fair with how they treated employees during the pandemic. I was not treated the same when I came in contact with covid vs a line level employee. The attempt to get me to shorten my days off in lieu of covid protocols showed how much my GM cared about my well being. I can not work for a company that does not care about me.

Pros

Coworkers

Metrics, Gm

Working for Best Buy / Geek Squad

Working as a consultation agent for Geek Squad / Best Buy is actually one of the better jobs at Best Buy. The appointment based scheduling for the day does allow for breathing room, but the lack of pay is hard.

Great Place to start

Working at best is a great place to start if you interested in sales and technology. There is room for growth if you put the work in, and managers do recognize the people that do put in the hard work. Coming out of college unclear of what I wanted to do, it was a great start.

Pros

Employee Discounts, The people you work with, learning new technology.

Contras

Short lunch break, Unrealistic goals set sometimes.

Great Place, Not many hours anymore

So I have been with the company for a year now. It has been an interesting ride to say the least in a good way! If you are looking at this job for tech there is quite alot of knowledge envolved. But the key thing they focus on for goals is subscriptions. Which is not too bad but if you do not hit those goals every day there isn't much room to grow. I've tried to move up in the company by applying to different roles, bringing it up to management that I want to branch out from my main department. But it hasn't happened even though my customer service is one of the things I'm best at. I get really good reviews and compliments all the time about how helpful I am. But because I don't get enough subscriptions, I don't get much of a chance to move up. Overall I have had 1 raise in the past year and it was a dollar and a half raise which isn't bad but that was back when I worked there for 3 months and it was a raise everyone got. Another thing is if your going part time and looking for hours this is not the job.... I am currently part time and I am getting 10 maybe 12 hours a week of work and I am getting some of the most hours for a part timer in my building. Usually it is 10 to 2 or 3 which is very low and usually it's just me in that time. Usually we are very busy in the mornings aswell. But this is completely different from a year ago when I was getting 27 hours. Anyways that is the pros and cons of my location unfortunately I will have to be looking for another job so I can make a living.

Pros

Sense of belonging, Great Coworkers, Sense of knowledge, 401k, flexibile Time off

Contras

Not many hours, Hard to move up, Subscription focused, not many raises
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good job while in school

Worked there throughout high school and a bit after. Part time is great but once I went over to full time it became quite a chore. The people are the reason I stayed so long, met a lot of great coworkers. Customers can be really difficult to deal with. Management is iffy, a bit pushy and there’s a lot of pressure to keep your numbers up.

Pros

Great team

Boring at times
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Shifts get very boring very quickly

If you are an active person, you'll get really bored. It's very samey everyday. There's not much new learning. You get the hang of it for the first 1 or 2 months, then it's very routine. The managers are super chill and the coworkers are literally the best.

Pros

short shifts, amazing coworkers

boring, not much advancement
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Best Buy. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3,8 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Best Buy
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?