BJ'S Restaurant & Brewhouse

3,4Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 2.603 evaluaciones

Voy a decir que era un lugar algo cómodo divertido

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Los managers buenas personas sus requisitos a pie de la letra y eso me gustaba de ellos por mucho en aprender

Pros

regularmente

Chismes y mentiras bullying

Awesome training, meh management

I worked here as a server for about 6 months, and tracked information from each of my shifts. I worked 82 shifts, and on average I did $700 in sales and walked home with $130 in tips. Shifts were about 5-6 hours long.Be prepared to be flexible with food recommendations with your tables. The kitchen staff is underpaid and cooks semi regularly walk off the line during service, closing one or more food stations for the rest of the night. Menu items are regularly out of stock, leaving you without burgers/ salads/ pizza/ whatever to sell for the night. Most of the managers are great, but you must pay the favoritism game if you want to be assigned decent sections. The scheduling manager wields an enormous amount of power in your life, and makes the difference between getting a $500 section or a $1200 section. All in all, not a terrible job. You can come in with a hard-working friendly attitude and 0 serving experience, then leave in 6-12 months and move onto a restaurant that's run better with better sales.

Pros

Flexible scheduling

Contras

No breaks, constant menu shortages

Super fast paced

Very low paid , super fast paced , short staffed must of the time . No cleaning crew . Cross training not many raises on the year . Pros free lunch and direct deposit.

Management is Dysfunctional

They wanted long hours and there was no appreciation, tips were bad and managers were unhelpful at best and ultimately contributed to a tense, unhappy work place. Also there were literally mice running around the restaurant and the freezers broke for a week and we still served ice cream (and other food of course).

I enjoy the people I work with, they do try to promote from the inside

I do really enjoy the environment and the people I work with. We are short staffed so it's hard to move up and stay moved up. the managers can be disengaged.

Pros

I enjoy the people I work with, they do try to promote from the inside

Contras

Short staffed, managers can be disengaged
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

A chill place to work

I enjoy working here, although all the things that are promised are not delivered on. Such as health care, advancement opportunities have to be harped on for weeks maybe months before action is taken. Plays the daily pay aspect is terrible.

Pros

Free food

Contras

Short to no breaks, no help setting up healthcare
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Nice managers and good work pace

I liked working there because the people were good and the food to. Customers were kind of rude. Bussing was exhausting and a lot of work, but I got it done.

Terrible Management and Environment

Managers are problematic and do not care about working with their employees. Do not give promised amount of hours per week and constantly hire new employees instead of giving current workers more hours.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Very disorganized management. Also unprofessional attitude towards employees from lack of respect to poor decorum.

Working as a server with the company at two local location one in Cancun California the other about 20 minutes away in Brentwood California I can say for her similar management style where they lack a professional approach to the employees more so rather a break interpersonal type of “act like they are your friends but aren’t so friendly” making snide remarks and a lot of sarcastic comments/opinions as a result of any type of issue or complication. (customer issues for example BUT ESPECIALLY if a server makes an honest mistake!) I also saw alot of favoritism to the younger female employees as well as a lack of promotion from within or any type of advancement even for well performing employees who have been there for considerable amount of time.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

I worked here during my undergrad in college, to make a few dollars. I started as a host, and quickly got promoted three times up, and finished as a server where I was able to make great money as a college kid. I always felt like the GM, Jeb really cared about me and the rest of the staff. It was a great place to work, especially while I was in school. Short shifts, good tips, highly recommend working here for college students.

Pros

Free food, tips, great GM

Contras

A very big restaurant which proposes some challenges to workers especially if understaffed.

Stress/Gossip Box

A manger quit, and some Temp Supervisor's from Pittsburgh PA, saw first hand what I've complained about for months. It's a dirty place. The crew has no sense of urgency or care when it comes to making the Guest happy. The only consistency there is the crew does run amuke. And the people who do care about the place, or complain about it get asked to move on. Mgmt prefers the status quo.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Fun workplace with amazing staff. All of the managers and employees are great.

Good money for what you do. Fun environment and very understanding and caring management. Time goes by so quickly working here. It does get very busy but everyone does their job and gets things done. I loved working here. Best restaurant job I’ve ever had.

Hard to work environment

The managers are very toxic and are hard to work with, VERY Lazy while the line is stressing they just sit and joke around. The managers also are big into favoritism if you’re not on the boss ladies good side you’ll lose hours or even not get scheduled. Also mold is growing in the cooler under the meat locker.

Mediocre

It doesn’t matter how great of a worker you are, the inconsideration from managers is horrible. You only get treated correct as a server. Don’t be blinded by tips this place can be toxic. Extremely short staffed and can be very stressful. Worked in the food industry for five years and this job was by far the worst. I’ve seen managers here talk bad on their own employees then smile in their face. As an employee spending a majority of their days here, you shouldn’t feel miserable and that’s what made me leave.

Pros

Food discounts

Contras

Long days, disorganized, no appreciation for good workers
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Fun environment. Too many servers to actually make money

Too many servers on to actually make any money. Manager doesn't cut when we're slow. Small sections make it impossible to make any money. Otherwise it's a fun place to work.

Pros

Good vibes

Too many servers
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Fun by management isn’t really involved like they should.

Working here at first was great was promised many things. In the long run turned out the promised things weren’t really a promise just a show of I’mListing be we don’t care.

Pros

Free food

Contras

Inattentive management, bad job advancement

Fun place to work

Working at bjs is extremely stressful but rewarding. The pay is competitive but the opportunity to make money is always there. Overall not a bad job but like most restaurants there is lots of drama in the workplace. It is normal for staff to argue and have disagreements on a regular so it’s something you eventually get used to. I’ve seen multiple mental break downs but eventually the new ones adapt to the environment or just end up leaving. There’s a high turn over but overall if you have tough skin, stick to it, and can operate well under pressure this job will be cake for you and mostly easy money. Also it’s very physically demanding so it’ll help you stay in shape.

Pros

Discounted meals, money is great if you work hard, you meet lots of great people and develop good friendships

Contras

Extremely stressful, demanding, fast-paced, lots of drama between staff, occasionally difficult guest, long hours no break
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Was fine for a first job, but I prefer to be able to walk

Working here as a dishwasher was awful, it felt like there were zero horizontal openings for things like prep, line cook, etc. Dishwashers are expected to do more than dishwashers and expected to be paid none of the extra salaries promised for working extra positions.

Pros

The Southern Comfort Chicken Sandwich is on the employee menu, that's the only good thing

Horrendously bad management

Not good, not bad

You make good money and that’s always ideal at your job, however it’s very stressful. It doesn’t stop even for a second. The hours are long and you feel beaten down after every shift. If you can handle the physical and mental toll you’ll make good money. I’d say it’s a really good part time job but full time you won’t last long.

Pros

Fast paced, good money

Stressful physically & mentally

decent job

made me roll silver ware the whole time i worked there . very repetitive and frustrating that i wasn't trusted with other needed help. People were cool to work with and nice. but the job was a waste of a hire. no reason to give someone that type of position . unnecessary
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Enough said. MANY calls to corporate however they do not care. Management has no care for the front of the house. The GM will wear pajama looking chef pants.

Pros

Staff is family

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en BJ'S Restaurant & Brewhouse. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general