Buckeye Partners

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 82 evaluaciones

Great workplace culture

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Buckeye Partners, L.P. Has been around since 1886. Solid, stable company that is constantly growing. Buckeye has an amazing culture with a lot of great employees.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good pay, easy and laid back

Good stepping stone. It's either you fit in or you don't. You will either be liked and your safe or if not liked watch out. You can easily make money as long as you want it. You are not required to work ot, but some will say that's their benefit of no ot and force ya. If you like laid back, coast along this is for you. Easy money and safe coasting.

Pros

Basically off 14, very rare anyone is reprimanded

Contras

Management sucks, to much favoritism, inside scandals, most are cut throats but no one reprimanded

Loved the Work Environment but growth was stagnant

Even though the company had an amazing culture and I loved the people. It was hard for me to see myself growing professionally there. I felt like I would be held back.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great people throughout the entire company

Buckeye cares about the safety of everyone working at their facilities. They also give you the tools needed to ensure procedures are being followed and safety is the top priority.

Low pay for area

You will be paid a lower salary for doing certain tasks that the same operator down the street will. No cost of living included. One operator sits all day, one operator runs around all day. Both are paid the same. The more you know about the job the worse it is for you.

Pros

Free lunch on Friday’s

Contras

Low wage for hard workers.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Great pay but poor training

The management was very fair and easy to talk to. Also, the pay was great. However, after a ton of OQ's you're expected to sink or swim. I was trained by contractors instead of employee's, and only one of those contractors were proactive with their role. All in all it is far from the worst job, however it's not an easy work environment to thrive in.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

HR onboarding is a nightmare. company has no set policies or too much set policies.

Work life balance is only for a few select employees. HR is horrible and doesn't mentor or encourage promoting within the company. Bad culture of mentoring.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It'a all about the people

The people at Buckeye are top notch.....from the CEO to the mailroom clerk. The people are kind and respectful and it is a fun environment. I have worked for several different managers over the years and you see how the company has invested in management training over those years. I believe there is an entrepreneurial feel here at Buckeye. I work for the best manager in all of my career and believe Buckeye is definitely the best place to work.

Pros

The people, the work environment, the work flexibility, the respect for family

Contras

The pay is good but probably on the lower end of industry
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good place to gain experience

A good place to get your foot in the Operations door, do your time, then move on to bigger and better. It’s a smaller refinery so it’s pretty chill. Some backstabbing, but mostly everyone is cool.

Pros

Entry Level positions, Pay, Schedule

Contras

Teamwork, some management issues, stuffs always broken, raises can be hard to get.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Management is not supportive. Toxic atmosphere.

Buckeye is not a good place to work. They had a lot of issues, that were outstanding for years. Quick turn around of staff. Not a team player. Management was not receptive to an open door policy.

Contras

Upper management are not a team player

Transitioning Phase

My first few years were great, plenty of capital for new projects, management support for organic growth. Poor management decisions led to that capital completely drying up and put the company in a tight spot. With the acquisition by IFM, it remains to be seen how the new renewable strategic initiatives will mesh with the legacy organization. Very smart group. Lean organization, so everyone is expected to pull their own weight and more. The pay is solid, but its a challenge to make material improvement in salary y-o-y. The management structure is unclear which leads to confusion regarding responsibilities. Phenomenal benefits, the company really invests in you and wants you at your best. Overall I enjoyed my time there, but mostly due to my coworkers rather than the company as a whole.

Pros

Benefits, solid pay, lean organization leads to more opportunities

Contras

Deviating from stated strategies, inconsistent risk profile, unclear company structure and opportunities impede career planning

Good company long hours

I enjoyed my time at Buckeye everyone seemed as of good character and are always willing to help. Hours are by location differ. Some locations are easier than others.

Pros

Pay, support

Contras

Schedule flexibility, dealing with truck drivers

Watch your back

Bare minimum company with Skelton crew expections. Extremely strict and always looking to get rid of people. Pay is decent but not worth the anxiety it brings.

Pros

Days off

Job security

was ok

Managment was a joke; never wanted to fix anything but always upset when it was broke. Co workers were great, pay decent but low compared to competitors.

Great Company

It certainly walks the walk as it relates to what people say about it in the Lehigh Valley! Fun atmosphere, clear expectations, and great management.

Pros

Compensation, Fringe Benefits, Flexible Work/Life Balance, Career Path

Contras

Can be somewhat stuck in their way

Hostile / racist work environment

Not a good place to work if you’re a minority . Hostile work environment brought on by management. Frequent use of racial statements and management lets it slide . Arguments , disagreements galore .

Look above

Fluctuating job security

While working at buckeye partners I realized that as a worker, you are just another employee ID. Most of the time you are left alone to try and figure out your job on your own. While working there I quickly realized buckeye partners had more invested in overseas assets than in it’s own domestic terminals. Buckeye seems to value the incompetent upper management above anything else.

Great company

Excellent company to work for. Great opportunities for advancement. They promote from within, if u show the desire. Outstanding 401k. They match u up to 5%, and they give u an extra 5%

Pros

Great pay, and advancement.

N/a

Only “Yes Men” Wanted

If you’re not a “yes man” or one of their “good ole boys” you are labeled an outcast, and they will try to get rid of you. Question anything and you’re on their Black List. They want butt kissers, not people who think for themselves. Management had their favorites big time!! The HR manager is a vindictive a-hole who twists anything he can to degrade you

Pros

Pay

Management, 12 hour swing shifts, Favoritism

People make it worth it

It is a fast pace environment with a repetitve type of work like bending walking and lifting.However i learned a good work ethic,to be a team player and most importantly how to work safely.Although sometimes we have down day for maitenance purposes,but then by the end of the day we are all happy because everything went well accordingly and safely.Beside the most enjoyable part of the job is learning

Pros

Nice People

Poor Management
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good Place to gain experience not a place for promotion

great challenges and fun folks to work with. sr. management is not always in tune with developing from within. a bit of a boys club at times. promotions are only for those inside the circle of sr. leadership favorites

Pros

good benefits, challenging work that allows you to grow your skills and test your limits

Contras

leadership promotes their 'favorites' no matter who else may be more qualified for the job
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Buckeye Partners. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general