Bush Brothers & Company

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 26 evaluaciones

Good paying job

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
If your not in the click, there's no room for advancements. Although it's a good paying job for this area, most people dread coming to work. It's a food manufacturing plant. Good culture for the most part, but do not live up to their core values. Really none of the jobs are hard to perform. Pretty good benefits. 401K, company does not match. There is a pension plan. Only allowed 4sick days. But you get 4 weeks paid vacation after invested.

Love it here

Great place to work. Great people, better compensation. Amazing management. People who get on, stay forever. They actually care about employees and their families
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

A small family owned company that is the leader in Baked Beans. Great place to work for. Great culture and caring leadership. Weekly pay with yearly profit sharing.

pays well

ok job and pays good. could have better management. not all but a lot of employees will cut your throat for a chance to move up.long shifts are hard on you.

Great Organization with Great People

Been working here almost 10 years and its been a wonderful ride so far. The family ownership is strong and dedicated and they are truly very generous as well. Bush has a unique culture that stands out in food CPG as a values driven and special place to work.

Pros

Great family ownership, committed leadership and fabulous culture

Contras

Flat and lean so growth can be limited and slow
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Great Place to work

Great place to work with plenty of opportunities to advance if you have any sort of work ethic!! You have an opportunity to work in any part of the plant.

Pros

Pay, benefits, culture

Hard to get on 1st shift
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Working here is not good. Go somewhere else.

No heat, no air conditioning (except in the offices). Supervisors treat the employees like dirt. No respect even when you work as hard as a dog. After sixteen years I took an early retirement to get out of the heat. So hot and so humid that we’ve had people to pass out. Now that I have retired, I don’t buy their products because of how I was treated. I wasn’t one of the bosses buddies and I did way more than my job. Others were let sit one play on their cellphones all night and rest of us pulled the load. Some cans run on the line at 1000 to 1070 per minute. Not slow cooked as stated in commercial. All line leaders are in competition with each other and work employees like dogs. Always more, more, more.

Pros

Very little

Too many to list

Very good to people

Bush's is very good to people. They have great pay and benefits. If you're working on the plant floor, there are many opportunities to advance and grow. If you're a new manager, there is a lot of opportunity to learn about the business and how to be a manager. There are several different departments to rotate thru and learn about.

Pros

benefits, pay, experience

Contras

new managers often get rotated thru shifts
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Limited chance to move around.

Only way to move around in the company is to do what they say..."network" with the leaders as they hold your career in their hands. Once you get hired there is no job postings as they will move you when they (leadership) wants to move you.

Family atmosphere

great place to work. a family environment that give opportunity for growth of technical skills and leadership abilities. I enjoyed working for this employer.

Place sucked

You have to start as a temp. Job security is not guaranteed. and if you don't know someone who works there there's no way you'll get hired on full-time.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good under the table experience with some good friends.

I would still be working for them today, because I thoroughly enjoyed working with friends, but I needed more hours. The flexibility was nice but lacked consistent scheduling.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Bush Brothers was very family oriented, they had excellent training programs and made sure you could do the job before they let you do the actual job

Bush Brothers always made sure you knew the job before they left you on your own, very good training and mentoring to employees, you felt like family if you worked there

Pros

training and mentoring

corporate moved to knoxville

Great company

Privately held company that treats its employees really well Great campus Great colleagues Great culture Company practices the values it is built on- trust, responsibility, caring and integrity

Not one thing

Would never recommend anyone to work here as a temp. You are treated like a second class citizen by majority of "Bush family" employees. Lots of people over paid and do nothing. Company wastes a lot of money. Affairs going on between employees which brings a lot of drama. I have never worked in a place that treats anyone this poorly. A big thumbs down. Money ain't everything!!!!

Contras

Lack of respect for some employees
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great Benefits with slow adapting culture and poor leadership

Company offers great benefits and fair pay. But the culture is slow to adapt to and the leadership/ management at the local level is poor and in over their head.

Pros

great pay and benefits

no advancement opportunities

Outstanding people and culture

Very challanging yet rewarding place to work. The sky is the limit and youo control your own destiny. Great work life balance for the most part and generous reward for effort.

Pros

Autonomous work environment

Contras

Promotions require a willingness to relocate

Fine

Bush is a pretty good company as far as working in corporate America is concerned. For me, the realization that true Christianity lived out and spoken about was not acceptable in the company "culture" is largely what led me to leave.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great work life balance. Open door policy. Colleagues genuinely care for one another. Learning opportunities always available. Wonderful benefits and wonderful tasting products.

Enjoyed working here.

If I had not relocated, would like to have worked there again, if asked. People were easy to work with and were willing to accept me although I was a temporary employee.

Amazing People

This is a CPG company with an amazing culture of inclusion as well as competition. It's not like the P&G's of the world where people are constantly dropping off, lay offs, brand sells, etc. Its a family(actually is family owned) and people there work hard and are paid well. I miss it.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Bush Brothers & Company. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general