Capital One

3,9Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 9.786 evaluaciones

Abre oportunidades para crecer laboralmente o para estudiar.

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Un lugar excelente para acostumbrarse al trabajo de alto rendimiento o bajo presión.

Pros

Seguro Médico, Salario a tiempo y estable.

Contras

Las condiciones para laboral no son las mejores, hay tiempos de descanso pero hay exceso de supervisión.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Very work/life balance friendly employer that will burden you with irrelevant skills

The primary skill for doing your job well at Capital One is navigating its byzantine bureaucracy. If you had or wanted to maintain technical skills working in an ostensibly technical role, this is the wrong place for you: you will spend 40 hours a week meeting about meetings and never getting anything done.The upside is its a very chill company that basically prints money.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Environment is counter productive due to performance management system.

I worked at Capital One for 28 years and was let go. Their performance management system a.k.a. forced ranking creates a political environment where favorites get opportunities. The performance management system allows managers to push out older workers.

Great staff and coworkers

Chill job with cool capital one ambassadors and regular customers situated in the beautiful UTC Westfield mall in La Jolla. I had fun growing in the company and got to know the management well

Best company ever

Omg till this day I rave how wonderful capital one was to me. They truly believe in training you for success and to help you become a better person.They go out if there way for you and the customers.Def a top 5 in my book.Amazing and awesome!!! Ty capital one

Pros

pto first day benefits

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Okay not great

Decent job, hours aren’t decent, management could be more knowledgeable and def more involved, expectations are not clear yet you will be held accountable

its ok

typical day would be answering calls from customers. management is ok. workplace culture is good. hardest part about the job is call volume. most enjoyable part of the job is my team.

Pros

benefits

Contras

call volume
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great company to work for

I loved it here. Great Pay, Amazing benefits and 401k match. very fun environment. the culture at Capital one is unmatched. Very supportive and motivating management and they truly care about their employees

Great Experience

Capital One was a great place to work. I worked with a great group of people. We had mutual respect for one another. My managers were very concerned about my advancement. While taking advantage of their tuition assistance program, I was allowed to leave work 30 minutes early so I could attend classes at LSU. I learned quite a bit. Learning and growth are encouraged. Overall, I had a great experience.

Pros

Great work life balance, good office environment, good people

Contras

Open floor plan can be distracting.

Mediocre

Training isn’t long enough and there’s more “tribal knowledge” than actual “best practices.” It feels like they just throw you into the fire. Worst part about it is with lack of proper training and lack of tribal knowledge, you can still get written up for something you weren’t even taught. Benefits are great and you get a lot of gift cards instead of actual competitive pay. Many other financial institutions in my area pay better, just no day one benefits. If you want to move up and not laterally (small pay bump for more responsibility), this is not the place for you. Upper management jokes about how they don’t have positions available to move up to, they call themselves “lifers.” A lot of favoritism as well and some salary managers were even fired for racist/derogatory remarks about employees. Work/life balance is horrible if you’re not a tenured employee. Expect to work 12-9 pm or 10-9 pm. The burn out is extremely prominent.

Good WLB

Good WLB on most teams, never had to work more than 40 hrs per weekSubjective performance management High attrition Lack of strong technical leaders Mediocre middle management

Great coworkers and awesome benefits. Pay is also competitive. K

Was not a good place to work years ago, no raise in 10 years and horrible manager. Finally got a good raise and a new manager (not much better) and loved my job. Always had great reviews but was laid off with no reason given and replaced with younger employee.

Pros

Nice work environment and great benefits

Contras

Laid me off with no reason, and I had to stay while they interviewed and trained a younger person to take my place

Really Great Company

Really great company truly the people are very welcoming and helpful.Managers are very understanding just a great experience and fun place to work.I love capital One!

Pros

Very diverse

Contras

Pay is fair could be better

Great vacation and pay

Awesome vacation and work from home the benefits and pay are great as well they take teams put for a fun day once every 3 months. Or they did b4 covid not sure if they still do.

Pros

Vacation and benefits

Back to back calls
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Decent comp, good work life balance, horrible manager and culture

The work I do feels meaningless and is unappreciated (work in finance). I have a degrading and unsupportive manager who does not develop me but rather makes me feel like I am bad at my job. It may differ depending on your team and direct manager, but unfortunately I got stuck with a horrible manager that has made working at Capital One a bad experience. The only positives of working at Capital One for me have been the decent pay and the flexibility (fully remote, typically don't work overtime).

Pros

Decent pay, work life balance/flexibility

Horrible culture, mundane work

Work from home

Easy going work from home environment and has flexible schedule. Starting hours aren’t the best but the pay and flexibility make up for it. Good benefits and management listens.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Fast paced with poor performance management

Innovative company although it can never shake the CEOs belief that a forced distribution based performance management model drives positive behaviors. Managing up and optics within one's management team is valued more that hard work. They will continue to bleed talent which is a concern. Pay is on par with similar companies, but not differentiated. Quick promotions up to the Manager level if you have a degree and fortitude to manage up. Above Manager level is a harder task to get promoted.

Good place to working

Good place to work at a cafe is fast pase environment and a lot of cleaning for costumer safety, the manager are very professional and worth working there.

Not Great!

I was sold the dream, but didn't get it. Unorganised and chaotic! Senior management discuss and make plans and work often lands in your inbox with tight deadlines and most of the time, unrealistic. When projects and initiatives are put in place and roles are assigned, it often feels like a "competition" and it's a race to the top.

Pros

Work/ life balance

Popularity Contest

It is extremely difficult to advance in your career here unless you're popular on your team. The performance review process is extremely subjective and biased.

Bank Teller

I worked as a bank teller for Capital One for two years. Training was very thorough and pretty straight forward. They really do their best to set you up for success. The actual job was overall fine, some rude customers but that's expected.

Pros

Bonus

not very flexible
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Capital One. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3,9 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Capital One
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?