CliftonLarsonAllen

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 264 evaluaciones

Workplace

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Good public accounting firm to work for. Decent hours.Job work and life balance is ok. Everything else is ok. Good strong teammates. Very knowledgeable.

Great Culture

I loved the culture CLA cultivates. Work life balance could be a challenge and busy season is a heavy load for everyone. However, everyone pulls their own weight.Your experience at each office will depend on the location (I was based in San Antonio) and your willingness to go out and find new work. You really have to take charge of your own success, you can't just sit in the back and be expected to be given work.

Pros

Excellent team culture

Contras

Have to be a self starter and work life balance

Good work place

Cla takes work life balance more seriously than the big 4, but It Is still public accounting so there will be none. Pay Is solid, nothing outstanding but it is accurate with the market rate.

incluve

this workplace is inclusive. good work life balance and benefits. It is a typical accounting firm, busy during tax season and could be slow during off season.

Grwat

Great place to work. Just started out in my accounting career here and have been here for about two years now. I can see myself working here for years to come.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

My Team Makes The Magic

I've been learning to let go of my "norm" accounting location trama; timing my breaks and expecting people to look over my shoulder...It's a heavy weight that's been lifted from my shoulders since joining CLA family. I know that not all departments/locations are the same and makes me thankful for the coworkers and management I interact with.Work/Life balance is still an unsolved mystery during the revolving door of workers - like most companies...I enjoy my 12minute commute, beautiful office and the support of my team and those I now call friends.It's not all rainbows and unicorns: It's ACCOUNTINGBusiest season(s) (It's ALWAYS busy for my team) are a bit insane.. days run together, long hours, bad/stressed attitudes but we do our best and try to provide some relief from the madness.I'm always learning and given opportunities to help impact the culture and help my community.

Pros

location/people/learning enviornment

Contras

Budgeted Hours stress us out more than help, short staffed in comparison to the workload, family/work balance is hard to find.

Project based position review

Employment is dependent on projects, which is understandable. However, the project based positions have no real advancement opportunities. The majority of the work in this position could be done by someone who does not have the aptitude to get a college degree. Reasoning skills are occasionally used, but are not necessary for much of the work. Most of the job experience is difficult to transfer in any practical way.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Inclusive and flexible culture with opportunities to grow!

I have the flexibility I need to accommodate living and working with a disability. The culture is inclusive and supportive, and there is so much opportunity at CLA to learn and grow. The path to advancement is clear, and the company provides you with support so you can get where you want to go. After your first month you choose a career coach who acts as a mentor and sounding board. The advice I've received from my coach has been invaluable.

Pros

Great people. Supportive management. Flexibility. Culture of inclusion. Pay. Benefits.

Contras

Client-facing roles may find work/life balance difficult.

Go big 4

Small firm wanting pretending to be a big 4. CLA needs more resources for all of the sectors they want to be in . Only way to advance is to be a part of their acquisition of another company.

Pros

N/a

No chance for advancement
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

A great way to learn a lot about public accounting

spent about a month training, but when tax season began I felt very prepared. Everyone was always willing to answer questions and made sure you felt heard. A very welcoming environment for a field that can be otherwise very stressful.

Pros

great pay

Unlimited PTO, no thanks. Rare chance to use it

Up front seems like a good deal but rarely get to take time off. They talk a big game but reality doesn’t match. Retirement match is very low and they bait and switch you with other things that aren’t as important like snacks and $200 wellness benefit when they should be providing sufficient retirement match, especially since there is no pension.

Very great

People that I worked with were amazing and very helpful. Very long hours which was expected but you always felt constantly judged if you left before others

Cool

very little interaction with management. Very focused on billable hour. Management often not in office. Mostly have to rely on virtual meetings and phone calls.

Great place to start

Helpful medium-sized audit firm. mainly federal engagements, so you get a lot of experience in that space. Management is helpful and friendly. Take the time to learn how to do your job and you will be fine.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great career growth but rough work / life balance.

Overall CLA is a great public firm who is truly interested in investing in your future as long as you are willing to put in the effort. Hours can be long but its public accounting after all.

Management bad. Office culture good

Management changing hands is laughably bad. Gives $200 stipend to make people stay. Office coworkers are cool. But firm keeps accepting more and more work without filling the roles needed

Lacks Culture

Entire focus is on billable hours and not the growth of their people. Eventually leads to burnout by most people. Senior management is out of touch with most people.

High Intensity Environment

The work environment was pretty high intensity. It was a pretty challenging work place. The department I was placed with was not the best fit for me, but my teammates were pretty good about answering questions.

CLA is top notch

One of the best organizations that I have been part of but the billable hours and other activities required leave a person frustrated at times. Public Accounting is not for everyone. Difficult to feel job satisfaction with the shift in work load each week.

Pros

Culture, compensation, management

Contras

Billables, lack of buy in with workload
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Fun people, but a lot of favoritism

I worked at CLA for 5 years. I was let go, which is fine, but I was given no reason for it. Additionally, management decided to go back and edit the hours I accurately submitted, and I received no payment for the last 65 hours I worked. I don’t recommend this company to potential clients, and I advise you look elsewhere.

Pros

Funny people, Good food options

Contras

They will terminate you with no reasoning and no payment for your time
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Not a good place to be an hourly-paid consultant

CAST senior consulting division was overstaffed & underpaid, especially the hourly consultants. Couldn't win & keep enough work to keep us all busy. CLA's 2020 reaction to COVID was proof they were more concerned about maintaining their partners' profit distributions over the lives of their front-line workers. Even though they claim otherwise, there is a lot of red tape in every little detail of this national CPA firm. Same as most other firms, though.

Pros

Free CPE (same as any other CPA firm), Above average health & benefits packages, Large emphasis on diversity & inclusion

Contras

Communication at best inconsistent ranged from poor to very good, Overstaffing led to not enough work to keep me busy & I almost starved, Low-ball hourly pay rate paid to consultants, I left & doubled my hourly rate elsewhere, Travel & other firm policies are not equitable to hourly consultants vs salaried employees, Client billing rates often uncompetitve due to big firm overhead - made it harder to win bids
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en CliftonLarsonAllen. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3,1 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • CliftonLarsonAllen
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?