Colonna's Shipyard, Inc

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 96 evaluaciones

Mixed Feelings

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Enjoyed the people I worked with. Flexibility was great! Pay - not so much. I believe, in all honesty, the company values and mission should be revised.

Pros

Flexibility

A good place to die

Terrible company with no focus on the employee. The company only cares about profit and has no real vested interest in safety. Company leadership is fake and lies to your face in order to practice self preservation of their own poor leadership. By far, the worst place I have worked in my 30 plus years of any employment.

Injury and death
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Not a good company to work for

No Room for growth unless you’re family of upper management. Bad communication, upper management does not care about anything other than money, not a POC friendly place to work, over all a terrible experience.

Contras

No paid holidays, unfair pay, unappreciative, talk down to employees, no poc
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Bias they choose friends over talent. Some people are in management position and have no experience in the trade they are supervising because they have friends in position of power.which is not fair to the people who really deserves it.

It’s a place to work

If you can get into the apprenticeship more power to you. At least you’re guaranteed raises when it comes to that. I will say they will kind of work you,But that’s the thing about being in a productivity yard

Pros

A paycheck

Your health long term
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Steady work

Lack of communication , no guidance, no trust , empty promises, favoritism at it's finest. Will make you work in the rain . No loyalty. May let you work on the weekends every other blue moon

Pros

30 mins lunch sometimes

Water breaks
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It had it's ups and downs

This is a good place to start your career , but as well a place that you should work at the end of your career. They don't focus very much on training , everything you will have to learn on the fly. There can be a communication break down at times between trades and project managers.

Pros

Lot's of overtime, free Turkey for Thanksgiving and a nice little Xmas bonus.

Contras

You get no paid Holiday's, use PTO or don't get paid

Dangerous place

It’s an amazing place where you devolopeAddiction and lot of painIt’s a lovely place Anyone can work here it’s heavenReal nice place come over see for your self

Pros

No pros only un profesional mf

Contras

If you want to die, Colin as the best pick. Lol
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Everyone looks out for them selves without helping everyone

It was good at first but no one really cares if you do all you can if you don't fit in even when you go out of your way to learn more and more so you get tired of the feeling of abuse

Pros

401k is good

Contras

No vacation no holiday pay

Superintendent

Good company, good people, good benefits, works with you especially during this time of pandemic. If you show for work and do your job, that’s all they care about.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

I just quit this company as an apprentice. While there I was pushed around, harassed and discriminated against. Nothing was done!

OverallMy experience working at Colonna's Shipyard, Inc was not a good one. While there, I was harassed, pushed around and discriminated against. Some supervisors set you up for the failure they hope and when that doesn’t work they find other ways for your demise.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

The pay isnt the best, but over all its a great place to work.

I felt like the employees should be paid better for what we do. I do understand. Nenifita, competition, etc. I really could not think of anything bad to say about this job.

Pros

benifits, steady hours and great people

hourly rate

meh

I have nothing to say.I love some of my co workerssome I could have done withoutI loved working 4 10 hours shiftsand I am sad that upper management doesn't see what I am worth

Master 1st. Class Rigger

They are a racist company, if your not one of the good old boys. Your in trouble, run away as fast as you can . biggest mistake of my life. Downriver is the worst, 😆

Racist
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Security Dept not a good place to work

This review is only for the Security Dept. The two gay guys (security manger and day time corporal) that are in charge are consistently looking for their people to miss something so they can threaten them with their jobs. It is a good place to work if you are a female, But if you are a guy watch out you will be hit on by one of these two. the rest of the shipyard is not bad.

Pros

the company as a whole is a good place to work in.

Contras

No breaks, 12 hour shift, supervisor that use their position to get dates.

Find work elsewhere

They have their favorites. If you are not on the top of the food chain you’re hard work and dedication this company will never be recognized. White Privilege is strictly enforced.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It's a great place to work great people to work with and work for good benefits

Great place to work at good benefits the people are great to work for good supervisor the hours are okay there's quite a bit of overtime to be had if you want it

Pros

Real good medical and other benefits

A lot of 12-hour shifts have to be worked

Great environment

The Supervisor and Lead men are great people and I really enjoyed working for them!! It’s a smaller shipyard but they treat you like family and that’s important being a contractor!!

Bad Management

No Structure at all. Highly Lacking Organization within the Company. No Communication whatsoever. To much Favoritism. To many Boot Lickers & Brown Nosers.

Pros

No Pros. Just a "JOB"

Hostile Work Environment
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Go work somewhere else first.

Nothing good to say about this company other than, oh wait absolutely nothing. Their only concern is how much money you make them, not your life, health, or financial well being.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

good teamwork, communication, professional coworkers and staff

A group meeting in the morning explaining the tasks of the day and the week as well as the expected deadlines. Stretching as well as any updates on tools or equipment needed for the jobs at hand. Then we go to work setting up for the day. The hardest part was the heat but water was provided. The most enjoyable part was the team atmosphere.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Colonna's Shipyard, Inc. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general