Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 539 evaluaciones

Buen ambiente de trabajo

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Hay buen ambiente de trabajo pero el trabajo que te exigen es mucho para una sola persona
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Its ok, a good summer student job

The work place is tolerable, it has good and bad. It was a little cliquey when I was there. If you make friends, and keep a good attitude, its a great summer job for students. The only bad thing is that the wine club can keep you from making more money, but I had a good time there over all.

Pros

Food is good, I felt good about what I was selling

Contras

The wine club keeps you from making bank
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Fun to work for, very busy.

High turnover of staff, very busy restaurant. Fun and friendly atmosphere but not very organized. Always searching for a manager and often do way more than your job role

Pretty good

Loved it and wished I could’ve worked there longer but I had school. It was fun being there meeting new people and challenging yourself everyday within.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

I didn't even get a shift on my own

After training for 7 days the schedule came out and they gave me 3 shifts and within 24 hours they took 2 shifts away leaving me with a 5 hour work wk
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Not fun, bet get wine from time to time

Cooper Hawk sell you a dream say they different then other restaurants but they really not. They just like most. High over turn rate. Management is no good. They don’t care about nothing but there bonus at the end of the year so they don’t give out raises like promise in interview. The good is you can learn how to cook a lot of different recipes so it’s good if you just coming out of culinary school.

Pros

Good place to learn the kitchen

Contras

Long hours, low pay, hard work

Sad and nasty workplace

The dishes are alway filthy my guest always need a glass of hot water to whip them down!! The managers are sneaky and underhanded!! They cut corners and care about no one!! They do not have the best interest of the employees at heart which in turn doesn’t give the employees the drive and want to work there hardest to help the company succeed!!

good food

they will feed you well if they like you, I met some really great people but if you're not on the popular squad your money will be affected. When I first started it was great, but you quickly learn that you can't trust anyone and the family environment they try to portray is nonexistent.

Pros

great people and good food

Contras

management, popularity contest, lack of consistency
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great coworkers, managers could be better

I liked working here, and got along with most of my coworkers. The work isn't too hard, but the sections usually aren't great. Hosts aren't very good at seating and rotation. The money is pretty decent, but could be better. Management needs work; too many power trips. Also lots of favortism.

Pros

good coworkers

less than great managers
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Family atmosphere but don’t be the step child

One of my first jobs and I loved it INITIALLY. Management is very selective with who they want to promote and performance isn’t a factor. They will take advantage of hard workers without proper compensation. If it wasn’t for amazing coworkers and free food I wouldn’t have stayed as long as I did.

Pros

Food is discounted

Management consist of alcoholics

Do not work here

It was fine at first and then they started to pile on the work and made us stay until 1 in the morning to do jobs with short staff without help. Avoid at all costs.

Fun Environment, Poor Management

This place is absolutely fun to work at! It’s fast-paced and you meet extraordinary guests. However the work-place itself is extremely toxic. They do NOT hold everyone to the same standard. It’s like some little petty club that you’re either in or out of based on if they like you or not.

Pros

40% Off wine 50% off Food

Contras

Zero benefits, Lack of compassion from Management, Favourtism in the workplace, Hard to “climb the ladder”

Best Serving Job

Lots of my coworkers say they would name Cooper's Hawk as the best serving job they've had. And I would agree. I appreciate that it's more than just being part of a waitstaff- they make you feel like you're part of a team. Lots of incentives for achievements selling wine club memberships. This helps to keep things exciting day-to-day, because I know there are things I can work towards. Management truly will look out for you. Only con would be the higher-ups and GM
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Owner is top notch. Operation directors not so much

Very demanding and not caring about people. Not very supportive of the store operation talent. The owners vision and commitment to his people does not trickle down to the area directors. Concerns are never addressed
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Wouldn’t recommend if you have anxiety

I had a very hard time working here, a lot of people have an attitude or are rude. For the amount of people that work at this restaurant i never understood why everything never seemed to go right. We were constantly behind or disorganized. The managers could do a much better job actually watching their employees. It was a bit of a joke at all times. I was told it would be a great place to work but boy was I wrong. They force you to work a lot of hours and are not understanding when employees have to leave on maternity leave or for a funeral for a loved one.

Pros

Free food

Contras

Long hours, dirty, no AC or air flow in the kitchen, sporadic schedule that changes daily
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good

Super awesome dope food. People are great training is made easy to understand. Outstanding wine selection plus the benefits are great. Can’t wait to spend more time ya heard
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

This company is about money not people.

Stressful and crowded work environment.Understaffed and overworked employees.They split up the week for payroll, so The first week I worked Mon-Mon, should have been my first red flag. Instead of getting more overtime I walked away with less because of this. Just a fake corporate job like any other. My last straw was having a sit down with two managers about how I can do more work. Yea I can do more work somewhere else.

Stay away

They don’t care about work life balance. They will preach how different they are but it’s the same song and dance. Work their managers to the bone with zero incentive or compensation for working more than their contracted hours.

No upliftment

There’s a lot going on nowadays during covid. Work is one of those places that would be the one aspect in your life you wouldn’t want to stress too much about, be overwhelmed about and etc especially because of big changes that’s happening in this era in other ways in life. Cooper’s Hawk did teach me a lot of things as far as communicating with diverse people, pushing myself to a limit that I couldn’t see myself doing. BUT, management was terrible. There is no form of teamwork just people complaining about their job. Sometimes a manager expects you to do your job the correct way when you weren’t trained the correct way. OR just the old simple, no communicating. Managers would make you embarrassed in front of guest because one minute they’re telling us to tell the guest one thing and the next they switch everything they told you in front of you and the guest and now the guests is looking at you like “ does this person even know what they’re talking about. “ Employees are not important it’s the guests that are. But, realistically how can you cater to the guest efficiently when your mental state at your job is completely depressing because no one is there for each other. No one really helps each other out whatsoever. You get scolded when you make a mistake when you’re trying your best. It honestly just bodies there to hurry up and work so they can get through the night. This job showed me what environment I will never surround myself around at a job. You’re a human being yourself AND important just like your mental state and the things you’re going through at home. Never lower -

Pros

You meet some guests that really see you on the inside and love you, 50% discounts on food, communion, the music choice is nice

Contras

Work and life balance non existent, poor management, depressing, no uplifting

Really toxic management

The management at the Reston location are just ok. Most times you feel very ignored. The staff environment feels cliquey and hard to crack into. The food is good though, so you can feel good about what you are serving.

The management sucks

While working here, the pay was decent given the nature of the entire environment. The management sucked so bad, it’s the worst place I’ve worked. My coworkers were very friendly and we worked together, guests expected to be treated like kings and queens which was annoying because all of us were super nice and attentive and that still wasn’t good enough.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general