Costco Wholesale

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 13.983 evaluaciones

Mucho estrés siempre

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
No dan nada ni un café gratis te gritan te estrés pero el pago es muy bueno y el seguro de salud también

Pros

Seguro muy excelente

Contras

Muy estresante ni agua te dejan tomar

Good rate of pay

Always busy Fair wage which is always increasing Plenty of hoursRange of shiftsBenefits on top of wage Minimum contract is above and beyond most retail businesses
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great team and very supportive staff but realty sucky customers

Honestly working There was fun But super stressful cause at the was prime covid ,but the staff made it up for it. I will honestly still work there if wasn’t seasonal but definitely recommend if you can get in.

Pros

Pay and staff

Customers, hours

Good benefits and pay.

Compared to most companies, Costco is a better place to work. Fast paced and hard work and moving up within is definitely a bonus. Employees and management are usually great anywhere you go.

Fun workplace

Managers weren’t very good about giving constructive criticism about where you can improve. But the benefits and pay were outstanding. Didn’t stay long enough to get promoted but as long as your hard working and willing to learn from co workers your succeed here.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

A good place to start for aspiring workers

Many people will begin as seasonal employees during the holiday season, and retention from that pool depends on your attendance and performance, which is reviewed every 30 days.You will work in many different departments, from the bakery, to outside in the parking lot, depending on where people are needed. You are trained according to what you need to know to get the job done, and after that it really comes down to speed.Many of the staff are friendly and accommodating, and compensation is fair, which is a rarity given recent inflation.Overall, a good place to work.

Pros

You know what is expected of you, you are granted a Costco membership for the duration of your employment, and management isn't bad.

Contras

Some employees aren't as tolerant as others

Toxic Workplace

Toxic workplace and culture. Culture has changed significantly over the past couple of years. Management has no compassion or care for their employees anymore. No work/life balance.

Pros

Benefits

Contras

Management & no work/life balance

A great place to work

Worked at Costco in ajax for about ten years and (voluntarily) went through most non-specialist departments in pursuit of a position in management.The company has amazing pay, excellent advancement opportunities and a very healthy work environment.10/10 would recommend.

Great benefits and pay

Costco has a very awesome set of benefits with Aetna, pay is awesome with constant pay bumps every year on top of your hourly. Dependent on your management it can be very easy to get the days you need set, but the place as a whole doesn't help much with children's schedule needs
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Hard work,mostly fast paced environment

Hard always having to reporting to a lot of managers/supervisors is hard, The benefits are amazing ,pay is amazing ,hard switching to different departments The benefits are amazing. There’s so many things you can learn from working here.Depending on which department you go to , there’s always one thing you learn. It is hard always having to be so flexible and floating to different areas of the warehouse. It’s also difficult trying to be around people who have unpredictable attitudes .especially in management . You get raises so often depending on hours and status of employment which is nice .

Typical retail

Costco is great on paper with the benefits, but the pay can be below what is ask for in effort and energy wise. Management is all about favoritism and different standards.

productive and great management

great environment for college students great environment for money and making friends out of coworkers but they will absolutely work you like a dog and at times put you in overtime when it is not necessary.

l'enfer

pire job a vie mais le salaire et les avantages sociaux sont excellents ce qui fais que jy suis restée 7 ans

Pros

assurances et salaire

mauvaise gerance

Fast paced

Work was easy, but management and culture were very cliquey. Not much feedback about your work. Front end seemed fun, but on the floor you didn't get much guidance.

Safety, Job Understanding and Employment Treatment

While working at Costco I was not trained on my duties as well I was required to do others duties. There is no Covid precautions and I was told not to worry about it. I had informed them on hiring that I needed to be careful as I am easily infected and live with someone who has cancer and is elderly. They did not care. I expressed my concern as well as my anxiety over the issue with no avail. During my time there I was made aware of toxic work environments/culture as well as unprofessionalism. I was also hired for a different position than what was expected of me or I was “labeled” as.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great pay/benefits for my area, terrible schedule

I really like my co-workers and enjoy the pay and benefits. Those three things alone have kept me longer than I really should have stayed. I've been with Costco Wholesale for nearly four years. What got to me is never having a weekend off and having multiple time off requests denied over the years. I was always a good worker and still showed up. I get along with management, I'm essentially a "yes" man. There have been multiple weeks where I would have to work 6, 7, 8, and even 10 days in a row split between two different schedules. I'm not management, I'm not a supervisor, I shouldn't ever have to do that but yet they continue to schedule me for the needs of the business and totally ignore my needs when brought up. It's just insane. I love my co-workers, I love most of my management, and the pay with benefits is completely unmatched in my area. The schedule is absurd, though. In the four years I've worked for Costco, I've sacrificed so much family and personal time... I'm not even management.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great if you have time to advance

Great company if you have time to build up seniority. You will start part-time and will have to work LOTS of hours for promotions/raises. Once you get to peak rate it is great.

Pros

Secure job

Contras

takes a long time to get to higher wages.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

You'll like your co workers.

Honestly, good pay for the work that you do. Everyone starts part-time. Plenty of room for growth and promotions. You'll like your co-workers, most of them are chill. You might not like management, depends on the person. Costco members are probably the worst thing about Costco. Overall, not a bad place to work.

Pros

Not that difficult.

Does get busy.

Good place

Best job I ever had! I spent a seasonal period here at Costco and I loved it. I wish I could’ve stayed for longer. There’s lots of opportunities and benefits!
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

This company has gone downhill

If it weren’t for the benefits I’d have left sooner. Management will put you out if you disagree with practice against code of ethics. Regularly expected to work through breaks and lunches.

Nepotism, unchecked sxual harassment

High Turnover for a reason

Extremely toxic workspace; insanely hot and physical work, worse than most fast food from what colleagues with past food experience shared with me. The amount of hours you get will be completely unpredictable; i went from 40 hours to 25 with no warning or reason. Staff were allowed to berate each other with no consequences even when management was informed. Food sanitation measures are abysmal, i witnessed a manager leave cheese on a counter for over 30 mins and nobody changes their gloves as much as they’re supposed to (there’s no time to do so, because they’re always understaffed). Manager threatened to fire three people if any of us called in sick one weekend.

Pros

Free membership

Everything else
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Costco Wholesale. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3,8 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Costco Wholesale
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?