DaVita

3,1Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 5.751 evaluaciones

Si puedes, vete a la competencia.

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Se aprende mucho. Lo mejor que tiene este trabajo son sus pacientes y como ayudarlos. Desafortunadamente es mucho trabajo e información para quien no tiene experiencia en enfermería. También si estás sobre peso, pasas de los 35 años y tienes niños pequeños, Este definitivamente no es el trabajotque quieres.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Be careful. Know what you’re signing up for.

I’ve never worked at a job that was so disorganized with their employees and not knowing how to point them to the right direction. They train you strictly by policy but when you get to your home clinic you will work opposite from what you were taught and will basically break polices everyday. Davita has teamwork written all over their walls, and for what? There is no team. It’s favoritism. Lack of support for the new guys. FA barely knows what their doing because they are blind folded just as much. They will also change your schedule without telling you. Some of these techs don’t care about the patients, they do it “strictly” for the money. Speaking of money, the pay does not match the amount of work you will do as a tech. Unless you’ve been a tech for 18+ years. I could be making more money saying hi to customers at Walmart. It’s simply not worth it, for someone looking into this career just be ready to struggle most of the time in a toxic environment. Save yourself while you can.

Pros

Free food

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Work like balance but poor pay

Pay is okay. Graduated and went here after nursing school. They do a lot of training but it is hard to advance to hospitals if you are considering doing that.

Terrible

This was a terrible work place. They didn’t let you call out sick. You are on your own as an RN. You help out the techs but the techs don’t help you out. I was hired to work MWF with another nurse and out of the blue I was changed to T,TH,S and was told “this was the plan all along. The hours are also terrible. The shift is also stressful if you don’t have enough techs. Overall I found it very draining.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Management is trash, staying only for patients

Really disappointed with management at my clinic, had TMs that transferred to other clinics or quit because of the poor management. Lots of favoritism and only TMs that suck up to the clinic administrator and clinic coordinator get good pay or advancement. They don't care if you pick up shifts, work hard, care about patients, work well under stress, if you don't sit at the nurses station and talk all day, you are stuck with a lousy paycheck. They undervalue the few that work and some got stuck for 30 years working dialysis without advancement. Newer TMs don't last long and they wonder why... Because they are smart and see though the manager's fakeness. Patients deserve way better, most of them are grateful and nice. Davita does't invest in patient's safety and comfort, the chairs are trash, the TVs are 15 years old, the clinic is dirty because the cleaning crew slacks but they blame the budget and try to cut costs by any means.

Pros

Patients, good pto, teammates

Management, stress, workload
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

DaVita is a good company but management is awful. They hire managers that know nothing about dialysis or how a clinic operates. They say they are for advancement from within, but it depends on if the Senior manager likes you if not they will string you along. The pay is not competitive at all and in my location there was out right discrimation . It was reported but nothing happen therefore I left the village.

Great People, Team Work

I worked acute Dialysis in multiple hospitals. Most of the hospitals I worked at were within a few miles of each other. When scheduled to work I could always count on my team to help if I had a question or needed help. Often had to work alone at a few of the outlier hospitals, but I never felt alone.

Pros

Fun at work, Culture of Caring, Employees feel like family, Team events

Call shifts, Shift Length Uncertainty, Difficulty to take Lunch Break
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good job if you have a passion for helping others.

Pay is not the best, it is however healthcare industry which typically does not pay well for entry level positions. Many retailers are increasing their pay scales while DaVita and other healthcare companies have not. A lot of responsibility in comparison to other jobs at the same pay scale but if you have a passion for helping others in the medical field this is a great way to get started. Dialysis is not for everybody so make sure you know what is involved before applying.

Pros

Satisfaction in helping those with kidney failure.

Contras

Slow to climb on the pay scale. Need to achieve degrees to advance.

Low pay

Low pay. Unfair management. Fast staff turnover. Good training program. Fair benefits. Will work short often. Consider budget over good quality care of its patients.

Chaotic and Short Staffed

Left when the manager (who had no Healthcare experience) told us we were just going to have to deal because they were not hiring anyone else to help.

Unprofessional

It is all for profit. Do not care for patients or workers. Broken equipment. Extra long hours 14- 16hrs no breaks . Chaotic . Staff arguing, cursing in front of patients. Extremely High turnover rate.

Overworked, unprofessional staff
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

The local people are great to work with, but middle and upper management have some serious issues

This company takes and takes and takes. The more you give the more they expect and you are not compensated for it in the least. I would highly recommend not working for this company

Pros

The patients

Everything except the patients

Don’t do it

Short staffed, long hours, never know what time you’re going to get off, fast paced especially in training so if you have no experience do not make this place a first choice, very low pay for all of the things you have to do, very early mornings, very toxic environment. I got out fast
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Stay away from their Sun City location!!

The Sun City location is terrible, its turnover rate is terrible, and four people left there in less than three months. Management is the worse part of this place, the individual running this clinic doesn't know anything about dialysis and was not interested in learning or helping the techs when we were short, I did not understand how the person that was supposed to lead us could not even do our job and didn't care to take the time to learn. There is only one person that trains here and she is two-faced and will set you up to fail, she is so burnt out and has no patience to train, if you had questions or did not understand something she would either not answer you or walk away from you when you needed help. The work environment here is very hostile and everyone gossips about everyone, especially if you are new. The compensation is very low for the work that you are expected to do, you are very much overworked. Only a few team members are friendly everyone else is rude, nasty, and does not work together as a team. They rush you through training so they can throw you out on the floor as soon as possible, they don't care, they just care about having bodies to keep the clinic running. When you are hired you are told that you are to have only four patients but since this clinic was short ALL THE TIME, every shift I worked I had eight patients or more right out of the gate, just as I finished my training. I am so glad I quit this place and I am never looking back!
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

High stress, low paying job

Expect you to work 12-18 month’s at low pay. You are required to take the CCHT exam. If you don’t pass and can’t obtain your license you loose your job. However, there is no recognition for passing your exam and obtaining your license. They basically keep you at the same pay until you threaten to quit. Then they offer .30 to keep you. Research their company. There are other dialysis clinics who better compensate their employees and offer gas mileage. That’s important if you travel in order to work.

Lack of management/Leadership

Even though it was a pleasant place of work. There was a lack of management within the company. Also sometimes the teammates do not seem to be the types to help one another (Island mentality).

Great place to work.

You get out of it what you put in. Work life balance can be difficult. The career is rewarding. The patients are usually appreciative of the hard work put on.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good company if you get the right clinic.

The Clinic I was assigned to was HORRIBLE, it was dirty, the staff was unprofessional not team players, broke rules, my on the floor training was terrible, my preceptor was new and wasn't a good trainer, the FO was self centered. When I tried to talk to her about my training and my concerns she always made it about her. After speaking to someone above her I was allowed to train at a different facility. It was as different as night and day there. Clean, Professional, Teamwork, and the FO there was awesome. Completed my training passed my test and was sent back to my original clinic. I voiced my concerns and asked to be transferred but was denied. After working there one week I became physically ill due to the stress and the way the clinic was run and decided to leave. I think DaVita is a good company but I happened to end up at the Worst One.

Pros

the patients

Contras

Long hours, no work life balance

Horrible work experience

Horrible work experience, If you are a good nurse. please do not work for DaVita. Liars, and deception, and no concern for patient safety. Do not lose your license at DaVita.

Okay

Poor work life balance. Long hours and many responsibilities for the pay. However, the patients are amazing. Nurses are either a pleasure to work with or on a high horse.

Ok place to work

It was good until we got a new manager with No background in healthcare, only military. Did not care about workers or patients only numbers. Loved my colleagues.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en DaVita. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general