Dairy Farmers of America, Inc.
3,1 de 5 estrellas.
Realizar una evaluación

Evaluaciones de Dairy Farmers of America, Inc.

Evaluar a esta empresa

2,9Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 1.338 evaluaciones

Supervisor, dificil de lidiar, compañeros de trabajo, apunti de la jubilación y muy ideaticos.

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Ambiente laboral tenso,para lo que haces, es poca la paga.

Poor Management

Wasted 11 years of my life working for a company that never showed appreciation for going above and beyond expectations. I worked at 2 different locations and they both had terrible management.

Laid-back atmosphere

Very laid-back fun job if you’re not afraid to work good money to be made… Good well-maintained equipment the ability to grow and all-around good work atmosphere

Pros

Are relatively easy work load

A ponytail super trucker
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

The culture of this company is family first and supporting our communities and the farmers. Great room for advancement and positive recognition for a job well done. I love working for this organization.

Pros

Work life balance, benefits, compensation
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great company to work for

It’s a very caring company that is dedicated to its employees as well as customers. Management was great and I could always get ahold of them if needed.

Pros

Awesome place to work

Travel
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Poor supervision

Trainees are the trainers most of the time the do not have a training program established when you need your supervisor for somthing it a run around thats if you can find one the pay is good but you have no family life because of all the over time this is a job for single kidless person

Pros

Pay benefits

Contras

Overtime overtime and on call always

Frustrating and stressful

I was on the phone 24/7 trying to solve day 1 problems. No reason to have the repetitive issues we had but you weren't allowed to change anything. Your level of support from management varies dramatically. I was relieved to get out of there
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Lack of management and overall disregard towards employee health or morale

There is no communication between departments and management seems clueless. There is no accountability for mistakes, especially if you have been there for more than 5 years. The mandatory union you are a part of only helps the company and not the employee. For the first year, you will only be given 2 personal days as time off. No sick time or vacation. You will usually work every day until someone with less time in the company gets hired in your department. The contract actually states that the company may work you 7 days a week and can force you to work five 12-hour days and two 16-hour days every week. Not to mention they can work you random overtime shifts and don't have to give you 8 hours off in between shifts. Overtime shifts are offered to everyone and spots are given by seniority. Any shift not picked will be mandated by the person with the least seniority until all shifts are filled. The attendance is based on a point system, miss one day and that's a point. 8 points and you will be fired. If you get sick or injured and miss a day of work, you will still get punished with a point (Even with a doctor's note). Especially during the first year because you don't get any sick time. You are not guaranteed off during any of the 5 recognized holidays. Working 60 plus hours a week, with no days off for months at a time is typical for new hires.The company pays really well and has really good medical benefits. The job itself is not difficult or back-breaking.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Top heavy organization. Decisions made at top with little to no input from where the actual work is performed.

A great message on paper, but not a caring organization. It’s not about growing people and a culture. It’s more about who to blame. Integrity is a buzz word, but not lived in true practice.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good place to make money but that’s it

Your coworkers are cool but energy at work can get negative fast. Management don’t care about you. Opportunities to grow is slim. Expect to be forced to do OT

Toxic with poor management

When I first started working for this company two and a half years ago it was an amazing company to work for it was the best job I had ever had. Now that the company has been bought out by DFA and they have brought a new management the company is falling apart the rumor mill is uncontrollable it's extremely toxic and there is no support no matter how many times you ask for training new employees are immediately thrust into their positions with little to no training you're expected to work unbelievable hours for a while I was working over 120 hours a pay period

Contras

Short breaks, poor management, toxic coworkers, ever changing schedule

N/a

Management is running the company in the ground once they lose baskin robbins contract that company is over unless they do a major upper management overhaul other than that the pay is good but if you have kids and family your probably going to point out unless you care more about being there than making sure your family is good work excuses don’t matter the supervisor will still point you out and it’s solely up to them oh yea don’t be a hard work they most definitely want you to put them before family.

Pros

Good pay

Poor management

Terrible place

Favoritism is shown. Only a couple good managers the rest are terrible. Do not care about employees just getting product out the door. Go somewhere else and get paid better!

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Excellent company to work for

Great and caring company. Really the best job I have ever had. It's not hard work, it's great for trucking careers. The customers are awesome and the co workers are great. It's almost like everyone gets along and is friendly..

Pros

Pay, benefits, little things to show appreciation year round

Contras

Some of the equipment isn't as great as it could be, but it's leased stuff thru penske so I don't hold that against dfa, The start times as a driver can be very early and depends on your schedule, never have 2 days off in a row
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Work is expected to be your life…

You can make good money, but you’ll spend 80+ hours a week doing it. Upper management is toxic and you will never be more than a warm body filling a position to them. Supervisors run the gamut: a few are awful, a couple are great, the rest are just there. Toxic environment encourages toxic coworkers, especially between lower and higher seniority.

Pros

Decent pay, overtime, good insurance

Contras

Also overtime, pretty much everything else

Wouldn't recommend

Work/ life balance was awful. 6 days a week for over a year and a half. They tell you at the last minute you are working over to drain silos. Management had favorites. Lazy people that don't get disciplined for not doing their job.

Easy money that’s all

Easy money but not for most. Forced overtime on off days. Forced 12 hour shift if no seniority with no 24 hour notice. Training sucks. No work life/balance

Excellent compensation

Pay is above average for the area and bonus structure is excellent. Work life balance is good, 3 weeks vacation in year one. Schedule is flexible and the ability to work from home as needed.

Pros

Nice work environment.

24-7-365 operation with a perishable product, always on call as a Manager

Good money long hours

It's fine till place closed, so start of a new job. Managers we're decent and fair as long as you did your job. Long hours but good money. All in all I would return if reopened but not happening.

Great management team

The opportunity for advancement was denied, with my qualifications and experience I couldn't wait a year to further advance my livelihood to support my family so had leave as much as I did not want to but I have budget to balance, the management personnel was great but the principles where not suitable for me at the time .

good place to work

good place to work, questionable upper management, too analytical not much emphasis on sales, weekends off, lots of phone work on weekends, not much room to grow.

Pros

easy work

upper management
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Dairy Farmers of America, Inc.. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

2,8 de 5 estrellas en Estabilidad laboral/Desarrollo profesional
2,7 de 5 estrellas en Gerencia
2,9 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Dairy Farmers of America, Inc.
  • Evaluaciones de empleados