Dana

3,1Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 893 evaluaciones

Excelentes prestaciones, buen ambiente laboral, oportunidad de desarrollo

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Remuneración económica por encima del promedio, ambiente colaborativo y retador.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

The good is its easy to move up. No one wants to work

The bad is management, micro management, the lack of space, everything is clustered, stressful work environment, forced overtime everyday, 80 hrs in a work week, not enough notice to make plans outside of work, no real incentives, lack of care for employees that actually care and work hard, the list goes on.

Drama…

Management doesn’t listen to workers how to improve work here. It always felt like we were 1 contact away from losing our jobs and 2 yrs after I had enough and left they shut down both plants and moved them to the US.

Never a dull moment....

Hoo boy hang on for a ride! Can't/won't say anything bad about the place. There are dedicated, intelligent and articulate personnel there and then there is the Gen Z crowd.... You have to try to understand that there is a generation that can't do anything but play on their phones. I call them parasites. Best to watch them do nothing Do NOT take up their slack, because they are slackers....
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

What is the best part of working at the company?Insurance... And paid weeklyWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Keeping up with productionWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very hostileWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Horrible....watching lazy minorities do nothing and being untouchable!!!!
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Expect alot while on probation

At first I thought it was a great place to work. Was a temp for 39 days then hired on by the company for a 180 probation period- 2 days before getting into the union was let go ... HR stated was let go based on communication and not a fit for the team. Decision is based on peers, team leads and production supervisor. - often mandated to work every weekend- I worked with a great group of people on my shift- shift exchanges you are bumped from your work station so 5 am people can take over it- in 6 months, employees had to do shift preferences as the shifts changed twice

Pros

Do give things to employees ...got pizza, ice cream, cookies, yeti cup, tshirt, plant, bbq, subs

Contras

Mandated to work weekends, let go just before in union in union, hard to get days off
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Job security, friendliness and great training

Dana is overall a great place to work. The people work together as a team. No job is perfect but Dana has great resources and helps their people in every way they can. Great management and always make better what's needed for change. Dana is job security, I love working here and hope to be here for years to come

Dana

When i started working for dana they had just opened the plant. It was a new process in the united states. When i look back it was one of the best jobs i have had. The people were great and we had great managers. My plant has since closed in Rochester hills. I dont know how the other plants are.

Pros

Free lunches, trips to other locations

Contras

Could require lots of ot

Miss my production Team!

Spent many days and years in this plant. Inspeting axle housings for numerous customers in various auditing areas. You work with a lot of wonderful people on the production floor, with so many willing to lend a hand if needed.. And the HR is actually one the best of her kind. Very professional, personable and yet, firm when necessary. She was always informative in mentoring the employees, and gathered all information on issues before making final decisions. And that makes a better environment for the workers.

Disappointing

Very little training provided, have to learn yourself on your feet. Management seldom around when antiquated equipment goes down but still looked at as the one responsible. Communication with management is poor at best. Company constantly looking for people,no suprise.

Slow work

What they dont tell you is you start at $16.xx and don't get benefits until after 6 months. The work is always so slow, I've had days where the whole line sweeps and washes things most of the day... people appear to be really friendly, but are very gossipy and anyone who's been there longer than a year is rude as f***. Most days I think I could find better things to do. The turn over rate is about every 6 months, they'll lay off all the newer employees and 6 months later hire all brand new people.

Pros

Straight dayshift

Contras

Wont make full rate for 3 years...

The Dana experience

First and foremost hr was great when I first started, now it's strictly for the company. 7 days a week mostly, have to wait 19 days just to get a day off. Union reps are soft and misleading. Company work environment is very toxic and not clean at all, but if u can mind your business and focus on why you're working in the first place you can make some ok money.

Pros

Good starting rate, you can wear headphones

Contras

Health insurance, no time off
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Upper management not willing to provide needed repair parts.

Machines not repaired in a timely manner. Overtime mandates are common, need to work overtime to make a decent living. Two tier wage scale subpar training, people with more experience typically take care of problems.

Tremendous

Just a great place. Really nice managers with good vision for the future. Highly recommend for engineers and/or sales team members. There’s a big future ahead of Dana
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

What is the best part of working at the company?The employees that's been working there for 30+What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The heat! Lol... Heat treat department.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Like family everyone looks out for each other someway.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Fun new learnings, adventure!
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Just a job that pays decent for the area.

The union at this facility is a joke. Keep your head down and do not anger anyone, and you may be able to stay awhile. I was getting close to retirement, when they scheduled 7 days a week for three weeks and then 1 Sunday off. Then another 21 ten-hour days straight. I could not keep up this pace and left.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

What is the best part of working at the company?team spirit of workers, good benefits. fair pay.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Management expects long hours and does not rehire to replace retiring personnel, expects you to take on more work to cover the processes.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Good people trying hard, management not able or willing to supply the personnel needed to get the job done right. older work force is retiring.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Office work, communicate with multiple areas, and start before shop shift to prepare for 1st shift mfg. and stay over to close all documents 1-2 hours after shop shift ends.

8 hr shift and union

Good hrs terrible management and very very very bad workflow, always a threat of layoff or impending layoffs. Union has become very weak and in bed with the company
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great company just no work life balance

Great place to work. Made a lot of friends there. Moved up really fast. Only complaint is the demand of your time. But the culture isn’t bad. I’d go back if possible

Ok

It’s an Ok place to work at very hot in the summer some nice supervisors some are not there are very heavy parts In most areas pay is decent multiple break rooms
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good pay good people and hr is wonderful and very helpful nice environment and the union is very helpful ive had a nice time here learned new skills .
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Dana. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general