Dominion Energy

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 508 evaluaciones

Great, fun, hard-working atmosphere

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
A typical day at work is installing transformers, hooking up new services upperhead and underground. I transfer primary poles. I perform everyday line construction. The coworkers are great to work with. We rely on each other for everything from communication to work in the bucket to every family life. If there is a call out, we always contact one another for information in order to have proper preparation. I love to climb the poles, perform everyday line work in a bucket. Everyday is different, I love coming to work in the morning not knowing what work we will be doing that day. The hardest part of my job is the 40 KV gloving. The rubber gloves are so thick and having to work with such a high voltage. At times I do have to travel away from my family to work storm trouble and help neighboring power companies.

Pros

being outdoors, the compensation, and everyday is different. Nothing is ever the same

Contras

Being away from my family for long periods of time, a week for example.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

They have a large budget and are willing to spend the money on projects.

As an operator, the job became very redundant. I lost my ability to be satisfied at work due to the lack of stimulating assignments. The daily/monthly tasks are very routine. For some people this is good but if you want a challenging position, a station operator is not it.

Management decision making

Hiring and promotions for personnel is poorly managed. No one wants to give a green light to do anything. Some employees that work tougher areas are not rewarded.Six sigma is a joke.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

promising plant, disorganized way of running it

Both plants are kept beautiful, but the training is non existent. Youre handed a link to training documents ae expected to read it all at your own leisure to gain system knowledge. There's an incredible amount of info in these PowerPoints, and you don't know what's testable material so that can be very frustrating. training is one of many examples on how backwards things are run here.

Not good compensation

Loved the company but I was not paid enough. Goof environment to work, supportive management.They wouldn't allow remote work which it was sad because all work can be done anywhere
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Union

The union does nothing for you, lies to you in meetings with them already having knowledge of what is to come, yet act like they have your best interest in mind. Completely a union ran and controlled by the company. Allows employees to get terminated for false information even when properly certified documents are provided to prove the allegations were falsely brought upon you and that the meeting at hand shouldn't even be happening let alone with a union ignoring everything and letting the company just decide what they want.

Productives and fun workplace

Working for dominion is a meaningful experience and I highly recommend pursuing a career here. The work is divers and the scheduling can fluctuate at anytime but this is to be expected working for a utility company.

Pros

Work vehicle

Long unplanned over time

Remote Work Policy.....

1. Remote work policy should be at least 3 days at home. Gas Prices, inflation, and a recession on the horizon, are the huge concerns among the average employee. Leadership is far detached from the needs of their employees as they usually choose politics over our concerns. 2. Know one can afford an electric car(if you can find one) at the moment . so the incentives from leadership on electric cars for the common employee are useless. 3. Dominion cant retain employees as the incentives for a more flexible working environment are not there yet.

Pros

stable job

Healthcare, Remote Work, Hiring Incentives

Effort is recognized

I have put my 100 percent in my job everyday and still do. When you are dependable and consistent growth opportunities are there with Dominion Energy. I work with great employees. I have had lots of offers from employers but I love what I am doing at the moment.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great place to work, no micromanagement, very open on issues of employees

Awesome company to work for sure, great workplace culture. Supervision is actually there to help you and assist you in your growth in the company. You can also transition to ither areas of the company with the right earned credentials.

Pros

Work/Home life balance, Very competitive pay, Annual raises, Profit share bonuses, Family appreciation days, Great Healthcare

Shift work schedule, Day and Night

Remote work

Management is not positive to growth. Manager never worked in the field and does no know how to deal with people. Most are not open to a real conversation.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Pros and Cons working for the company

Pros: possible to work remotely since covid non sales roleCons: Calls are non stop HR/Mgmt is not on your side at all Office always cold No time off phone due to heavy calls

Good Company Customer Service Department Need Improving

Dominion Energy is a Great Company overall. But their Customer Service department needs better management, This is the hardest working department in the company the Employees are stressed out, under appreciated over worked. The turn over rate for this department is very high even long term employees have been leaving. They are quick to terminate an employee without looking at the bigger picture as in what can they do differently to help keep people instead of letting them go.Until they sit down and talk with the remaining people that are still there they are going to continue to loose good employees old and new. High stressful job, they have to many demands and not enough outlets for employees.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Supervisors very helpful Management released me from contract after 6 week- no reason.

Management does not provide feedback on your progress. The Supervisors will tell you everything is gng along well then the manager gives no indication and will let you go without anI enjoyed the training and the work. Management did not agree. I followed instructions,er terminated my contract after 6 weeks. No warnings, or discussion of poor performance.No reason a reason.y warning. Disappointed -

Okay place to work

Was the only African American in my department. At times it was hard to get assistance when I was first starting off often felt like a burden. No real training and rush you to take calls. Once you got it down the calls were fairly easy.

Pros

Great pay

Contras

Not so great office environment, favoritism
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Productive, fun place to work. There’s a ton of healing hands already ready to kindly work on something

Dominion would be the perfect to place to work if they gauged your ability to work from home based on job duties. One size doesn’t fit all. I think the severely lack compassion I n the work from home policy. There are day I’m in the office completely alone. Some much for the culture!

Great place to work.

I enjoyed my work, the people I worked with, and the people I worked for. I had great benefits, company match on stock was awesome, I took an early retirement buyout!

Pros

Great company.

I can't think of any.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

There are a lot of negatives that overshadow the positives within the design organization at Dominion Energy.

There are excellent dental, vision, and health insurance options for people interested. If you're looking for retirement, the benefits are great with company match to a certain percentage.There is no work-life balance in Northern Virginia. It's highly stressful, and you are constantly thrown into new projects without any guidance. The pay in Northern Virginia is not enough to satisfy you and live in the area. There's also a lot of favoritism and no diversity. The tension and relationship between design, construction, and the customer can become overwhelming over time, and you will feel burnout.Dominion, please pay your employees what they deserve. I honestly felt like this was a career I was willing to do, but after time I learned that there weren't any opportunities to advance, and there were never any incentives to stay. I never felt appreciated.

Excellent company

Best job hands down. From upper management down to guys on the ground a fantastic place to work. No baby sitting. Good pay and raises ample opportunity to move up in the company.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Nice people, great benefits, bad priorities over the well being of employees.

Most companies are flexible with your working schedule, even if you been there for as little as a year. Dominion Energy doesn’t. This is not coming from my manager. However the higher-ups care more about the needs of the department over their employee needs. Is not the employee fault the recruiting is not meeting demand like it should, having employees burn out.

Pros

Aside from that, Benefits are great, my co-peers are awesome, my manager is awesome. Well paid in the industry.

Contras

But there are other priorities that’s should not go above the employees well being.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Very enjoyable place to work challenging kept you sharp.

Very challenging but very rewarding your in put was always expected. Management put the companies employees first there moto was if they took care of us we we would take care of them.

Pros

Management style, clear expectations, supplied appropriate training for the job you were asked to do.

Contras

I cannot remember any cons with Dominion
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Dominion Energy. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general