Epes Transport System, Inc.
3,3 de 5 estrellas.
Realizar una evaluación

Evaluaciones de Epes Transport System, Inc.

Evaluar a esta empresa

3,3Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 147 evaluaciones

A decent company to start with or when you close to retirement

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
A real laid back company. Decent runs and multiple terminals. I got a great dispatcher. The pay is ok but could be better. If you like getting home every week then this is the place
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

The accounting department that I was in was exceptional. The best job I have ever had. Everyone in that department got along great.

The work I did was partly at home and partly in the office. There was no micro-managing but there were expectations by management to know the status of the active accounts and their pay schedules along with any reasons for delayed or past due payments. The people in the accounting department are wonderful. I enjoyed working with them all. Unfortunately, my position moved to another location but if I could be in that same department with the same people, I would jump at the chance.

Unprofessional and lacks accountability

Training/Orientation was a joke and waste of time but they pay you a few hundred for knocking out computer base training courses before orientation day plus pay for hotel/fuel if you drive to Orientation location.Initially was promised minimum $1200.00/weeklyI worked 6 weeks no days off and not once did I get close to $1k before taxes. Did some digging and found that I didn't get paid for over 10 trips since I started driving for the company.The routes were extremely easy, it just sucks they couldn't pay what they promised or pay at all.Dispatch couldn't careless if I got paid and HR/Payroll wouldn't respond to any of my calls. Told them I wouldn't continue driving until I got paid for those trips and instead of paying they let me go without contacting me. I found out through an exit survey alert on Driver Pulse.

Pros

home everyday

poor communication

Good for beginners

Only a beginner job, Bad equipment. Bad trailers.No one too speak too in times of need.In cab cameras.Good miles 2500 weekGood home time.Keep looking.Not the best.

Pros

Home time

Incab camera

Great company

Company gets you home when you ask. You’re never waiting for a load. Dispatch is always looking to give you work which is a plus! Highly recommend this company for students fresh out of school.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

If you like short runs, great place.

Its the same as other large trucking outfits. OTR for the most part is 300 To 400 mile runs. Back and forth. Every now and again 1,100 mile runs. It is great if you just want short runs and bouncing off of docks.

Pros

7 paid holidays, NE runs higher pay 1 way only

Contras

You feel like a local driver, not OTR

Best company

Honestly one of the best companies to work for. This place will treat like family. The dispatchers I had were by far the best I’ve worked with. A family oriented company for sure. Amazing pay and great benefits.

Unprofessional Management

They refuse to work with you on appointments or anything outside of work. The managers were extremely rude and I didn't earn my CDL to be disrespected by any company as if I am lucky to be here. There's plenty of other companies that would be glad to hire me. So with that being said we parted ways.

Fund work place

It is a nice place to work and will get the drivers home on the weekend. The dispatched are very nice to their drivers. They are very respectful and honest about what they do in the company.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

They have good equipment pay is average.

It was a good place not much drama but pay was not that good. Some dispatchers were rude as most places. I had pay problems a lot in the first 4 months shorted me on my checks.

Pros

Good equipment

Pay was not that good.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Overall a good company. I drive a switcher truck. Eight hour shifts. Overtime is mandatory

Nice company to work for. Upper management is approachable. Lower management is a bit out of their league. Usually a good work environment. Pay is good for my area
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Fun place to work and great people.

The environment is what got me hooked. Down to earth people and understanding that you have a life outside of work. Great people work with and very helpful.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

They messed up my Dac report on purpose

It’s not the job but the people who works there gives the company a bad name I will not recommend anyone to work here go find another job somewhere else
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

I don't like it pay is terrible and miles is terrible

I will not recommend anybody to work here honestly pay is not good at all you'll make more at a warehouse or McDonald's this company is a trip and will be finding anther job

Pros

You can get home weekends

Contras

Pay is terrible, miles is ok
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Not a company for the long run.

Appeared to be decent at first, nice work/home balance, then the true colors start to show. Definitely some favoritism on the ICL side. For the places you run and what you make as a "local" driver, your better off as OTR.

Favoritism
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

No structure, poor management, horrible communication

Not a place I ever care to return. Management lies to get you in the door and continues to lie to cover for their own inadequacies. Expects you to be on call 24/7, in the office 40+hrs and work on the weekend with no additional pay. Your $60k salary ends up more like $10/hr

Pros

Can work from home when sick

Contras

Have to work from home even when sick

The people

It started off good great loads great trucks great hometime and then everything changed in a blink of a eye for me if you become a favorite it would work but not for me

Pros

Hometime

Favorites
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

I loved the company at first, now not so much

This company has changed a lot over the years, unfortunately it hasn’t been for the best. Between the equipment and the office people the job really just became a headache. Only benefit is the decent home time.

Pros

Home time

Everything else
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

The schedule is probably the best thing.

I don’t really have a review but the company is ok if you want to be home often. The pay could be a little better which would make this job pretty cool.

Pros

Hometime

Pay
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Lots of wasted potential here

Company could be better,compared to the compitetion there lacking in pay which is zip to zip not practical they also need to open up some west and mid west coast lanes sick of driving north east and south

Contras

Does not offer true otr driving in all states, All north east & south states, Company sits on loads and blames drivers for missed appointments
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Draining but not too difficult

Probably better for non-driver employees that aren't contracted out to work at a different company's facility but for those that are it's feels like we are 3rd rate workers due to lack of concern or urgency when it comes equipment breaking.

Pros

Lots of downtime between tasks

Contras

No scheduled breaks, questionable management
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Epes Transport System, Inc.. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3,0 de 5 estrellas en Estabilidad laboral/Desarrollo profesional
2,9 de 5 estrellas en Gerencia
3,2 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Epes Transport System, Inc.
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?