General Dynamics Electric Boat

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 405 evaluaciones

"We Build Freedom"

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Job building subs. Serve your country without serving it, so long as you don't mind late shifts, poor training, and managers that don't really know what they're doing. Overall, I learned a lot, but I taught myself most of it. Great place to learn some trades, but you can be paid better elsewhere most of the time.

Pros

Experience, paid training

late shifts, work/life
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Loved working for the company.

I left because I wanted to be back with my family, but I left on good terms and would absolutely go back and work for them again. Some days were hard work and some days were a breeze. The people were fantastic and I still talk to my crew. The benefits were the best I've ever had. Would recommend to anyone.

Horrible air quality, dirty

Don't get rewarded for doing a good job, just another number, management stands around watching you all day.not enough time off for family, if you're single and have no life great.Worked with ppl on floor, didn't get along with them, next thing you know there you're boss, that know nothing about machines

Pros

Fair pay

Contras

Expensive health insurance, very disorganized
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Out-of-touch management and unequal pay

Management didn't care about employees or their issues. Work culture was toxic and ingrained in the company. Facilities were old and not up to code. Schedules were way too aggressive and attrition was a growing problem that's never addressed by the higher ups. The twchnology used was out of date and there was so much negative reaction to change whenever it was proposed.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great place to start and develop, not sure about long-term

Typically work 40-45 hrs in a week (OT starts after 45 and only counts whole hrs). Can be weeks where work needs you to work OT in order to meet deadlines of certain tasks.For the most part work isn't too stressful, and dependent on the tasks you're assigned can learn about a lot of different aspects of the company. I enjoyed the more technical aspects of the job, but some days can be filled with more mundane tasks. Workplace culture: Predominantly a younger workforce. My group of co-workers and supervisor are really nice great to work with, but this is dependent on which group you are working in.

Pros

Great place to start out at and develop your skills, Good 401k match (6%), WFH gives you flexibility (bad weather, need to watch kids, etc..)

Contras

Expensive area to live, Parking has always been a problem, Raises
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Disappointing

1) Pay is comparatively poor for the high cost of living in the Connecticut area2) There are no sick days just three weeks of PTO.3) The culture is built around presentism4) There is lots of attrition 5) Poor parking6) General loss of company knowledge caused by poor succession planning. I could go on, I will say that the work is secure though so if you’re willing to abandon any sense of ambition you have for a steady pay check this is the place for you.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

A fine place if you are apathetic.

No one really cares if you complete your work or not. There's an enormous amount of apathy from those that work there because they know management won't hold anyone accountable for poor performance.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

My co-workers and leadership have strong work ethic and commitment to a strong defense to protect freedom.

Give us your opinion abouta typical day at work self-paced with expectations and objectiveswhat you learned learning everyday! - General Dynamics designs, constructs, and maintains nuclear-powered, missile equipped, submersible shipsmanagement MDA-UAW Local 571 is authentically concerned for employee welfare and GDEB Leadership demonstrates vision; the MTC management needs to negotiate as Managers of the Whole of the Boatyard Shipbuildersworkplace culture varies at each locale because of work from home and remote only work environments as well as workforce shortages and pandemic and global influence that impact changes in facilities and operations at all company localesthe hardest part of the job sitting at a computer for 8 hours+ a day; after 5 years pretty much excelling on the job, I would prefer project-based productivity for remunerationthe most enjoyable part of the job the honor of serving

Fun place to work

I enjoyed my time here overall. Office work environment wasn't for me but working in the shipyard was a lot more engaging and received tons of training to take with me to future career opportunities.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Electric Boat is an enjoyable place to work in that it welcomes work related input, allows for advancement in your field and provides the ability to learn through inclusion.

High attrition, bad raises

Management does not care about you or runaway attrition, always blaming higher ups or HR. You will be expected to work unpaid overtime. You will be expected to pick up the slack of people who leave, and simultaneously mentoring new hires that stay for a year or two and leave for huge raises. No sick time. Poor education benefit. Parking is a huge mess.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good place to work and learn, pay is good. Hrs can change at random as they move people to different shifts at times and the first year can be rough with very little allowed time off.

Company is a joke

They don’t care about employees but say they do. Pay is a joke. Attrition is a joke. More work piled on you when others leave with no extra pay. Bonuses are a joke. Raises. Joke. This place is easy to survive if you don’t care. Joke
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great place to have a career

Great place to make a career, plenty of room for advancement if you want it!. Started off in the shipyard and now I am in a office position, so if you are looking for change and advancement opportunity is there

Pros

Great pay

Contras

Some people act like it's highschool
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Be prepared to be another number

At EB you are definitely just another number to them. You can just show up and turn the crank on the submarine machine. Upper management does not care for their employees (as you would expect for a big company.) Pay is sub par. Especially for Connecticut. Time off is a joke.

Pros

Learn a lot, do the minimum

You don't matter

Not bad not good

Not bad not good. Pay is excellent. Keep your head down you will be ok. Show up for work and you will have no problems. Don’t be the worst but don’t be the best either.

Good place to start

Great place to start and to gain experience frequent pay raises fun work environment, always keeping busy while it’s also sort of laid back. Overall great place to work

Very good working environment

The work is great but a lot of down time. The great experience working with this company, working with our the people help to protect our country and our man and woman’s

Pros

N/a

N/a

schedule pressure gets old

There is intense schedule pressure which causes the need for a lot of OT in order to meet dates. There is a lot of attrition which puts pressure on the more senior engineers in the groups.

pays the bills

very steady and secure employment. If you are ok with sacrificing your dreams, then go for it. I really did not enjoy having to navigate the contracts that EB had with the navy, it was draining.

Pros

job security, 401k match

Contras

lack of clear direction, lots of red tape and bureaucracy
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Has downsides but provides job security

If you are looking for a decent paying slow moving job then this one is good for you. Pay raises are slow but consistent can start from anywhere between 15-30 an hour depending on your experience.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en General Dynamics Electric Boat. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general