General Dynamics Information Technology

3,7Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 5.480 evaluaciones

Exelentes compañeros ricos en conocimientos

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Los miembros de los equipos de GDIT incluyendo a los lideres, siempre compartieron sus conocimientos y estaban dispuestos a ayudar

Pros

Aprendizaje, liderazgo

Contras

Cargas excesivas de trabajo, demasiada presión en los proyectos
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Ok if looking for a remote job

It's an hourly job, clear schedule, low pay. No surprises. But the quality of the job will depend on the contract you are hired for. I started with a good contract. My manager and my teammates were awesome. 2nd contract was terrible.

Pros

Great benefits, Health and dental were optional, they were deducted from your pay but at least they were pretty cheap

Contras

Boring job, Low pay, Benefits deducted from your pay so pay was VERY low, Stability and quality of job depended on contract

The pay is good.

Straight time. Come to work on time and Go home at the exact time off. A Holiday is a holiday from work. You need to be physically and mentally fit for the job - if not, might get you in trouble or get an accident on the job. We work with our hands and minds everyday.

Pros

Vacation is Paid

Contras

Hard to get vacation approval in the middle of urgent projects.

Ok

No much to really say . It’s a job and decent pay for the area. Call volume very overwhelming. Metric driven , management has little to no experience.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

I’ve worked a General Dynamics for over 10 years I find the management to be open and receptive to employee input. They recognize hard work and a good work ethic. My Director was fabulous.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

GDIT is an excellent company to work for.

I do recommend GDIT as a great career opportunity with room for growth and advancement within the company. I worked for GDIT for almost 5 years the first time I worked for them.

Productive and professionalism

A typical day at work, hours are flexible; can work your own schedule as long as it meets 40 hours a week.People take pride in their work; very professional and for the most part the people are very approachable. Overall, a good company to work for.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

You will make decent money and not hate your job

Most of the time there's a trade off with working right? You make good money but your management is brain dead, or you have a great job that you love and the pay isn't matching up to what you need. This job hits everything right in the middle. You can go to work, make pretty good money, and 99% of the management is really great. You would have to LOW ROLL hard on the dice to get a bad manager. You'll find yourself waking up wanting to go to work for the day because you wanna see some of the friends you made and get away from the house for the day. I would recommend this job to anyone who is looking for something easy with decent pay. You can't be shy though, they will open you up.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Job satisfaction really depends on management

Different contracts may vary, but the job is great if you have a Project Manager that stands up for their employees. When the PM rolls over for the government, you will work extra hours, get additional taskings that aren't in the contract, etc.Benefits are good.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great environment but compensation could be better

I love the work I do. I wish there were opportunities for raises or more opportunities for promoting. We are supported in most of the work we do. I feel purpose in our goals.

Pros

Flexible schedule, friendly atmosphere

High pressure, average compensation
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Worst experience of my professional life

If you are looking for a large company with bloated management and a huge wage gap to treat you like a replaceable cog in the machine, this is the place!

Balance

Pros: Open book test at the end of 2 weeks training. We had 2 teachers in our classroom that were a hoot, Lol! The teachers made the class interesting, never boring, I learned alot. Walked in and walked out with many new friends for a lifetime. Cons: We were informed in the beginning this position as a CSR would be a permanent job and unfortunately it didn’t turn out that way, after 2 1/2 months we got laid off. If they had even informed us in class or when we were interviewed by Human Resources in the beginning that this would be a temporary seasonal position, I would have Never have applied!!!

Pros

Money was good

Temporary seasonal work

Fantastic place to work

Leadership really cares about people. Tremendous job mobility, both laterally and vertically, with jobs all over the world and in many different roles.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

I experienced a lot of team players who worked together to accomplish the common goal. We would work individually to make outbound calls and receive inbound calls from customers. We would communicate effectively with our customers.

Ok work environment

It’s weird how they want to give you more pay after you accept another position with another company. If you had the budget to increase pay why didn’t you do it while you had the chance

repetitive

not alot of opportunity for growth. alot of repetition. management can be ok at times. if you really need help they are flexible just be honest. enjoyed my time there.

Pros

good people

Contras

repetition no room for growing
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Collaboration and management support is always available

Gdit remains a great place to work for great compensation, great benefits, and great support. Gdit is a melting-pot whre all races, genders, with different backgrounds convey to create a workforce
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

General Dynamics was my 1st call center job. They trained me on all 3 of their accounts. I had fun while learning.

General Dynamics in Coralville, Iowa moved to Brownsville, Texas. I did like working there they just need to pay more. They were also very understanding to family life.

Great collaborative company

Great company to work for. Very collaborative and responsive. Great internal structure and even better people. Pays well and promotes from within company

Was a nightmare

I was in the very first training class when the Affordable Care Act took place. Was a nightmare, our training was next to nothing and we where basically learning on the fly. All the systems where so slow you would spend a couple hours trying to sign one person up for medical insurance. The only things I enjoyed about the job is when I began working as web support and the pay was pretty nice. Wouldn't recommend this to anyone that doesn't enjoy being stressed every day they report to work.

Poor Communication

Left a solid job since they were offering $25 with unlimited OT and an opportunity to go to Japan and Spain.Found out when I got there that I would be tasked with building Sever Racks and other devices for a project that I wasn't hired. Plus there would be a quota which sounded fair at the time since I was new.Management didn't approach me when they have an issue. I ended up finding out about issues such as with my time, and performance from my recruiter.I was written up after my first day for talking with coworkers about training and to get acquainted with the equipment I would be working on for the Japan project that I was hired on for. I received that warning from my recruiter and had to approach the manager about this issue the next day along with time card issues.Found out that I was Laid off from my recruiter without warning after two weeks and over 100 hours of work at the end of my shift. I was given nothing but good feed back from my supervisor, trainers and coworkers the entire time as I was learning the job. Guess I'm not going to Japan :(Some type of warning would have been appreciated. Don't leave a stable job or pass up other opportunities for this. My personal opinion is that it kind of looks like the offering of unlimited OT and international and domestic travel are being used to bait talent in to work on their production line.I hope things have changed as going to Japan and Spain would amazing opportunity, but just be wary as this does seem kind of too good to be true.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en General Dynamics Information Technology. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general