Groendyke Transport

2,9Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 157 evaluaciones

Start a company's or not worth it

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
They will train you straight out of school. It's a good start of company if you don't have no tank experience and you need to take experience to go to a better company here 56 cm for regional but I'll let give you as local deliveries deliver it calendar that's some favorites as of now
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Groendyke Transport will mess with your pay !

If I knew how much headache I would endure just by working here I would not have applied ! Since I’ve started my money has been wrong from day one ! What my logs say I worked & what I get paid it so extremely inaccurate it’s disheartening! Don’t ever work for these people they will mess with your mileage & pay big time !!!? Management is a joke they said they will take care of it with payroll but they really don’t ! Very sad & not a good company to work for !
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

A good saftey oriented company

Decent equipment good pay and safety oriented. As a local gas driver it was always a fast paced job. If you want a 9 to 5 local job this is not the place for you. But if you want a good job with decent pay it a good place to work.

Broke yet “overpaid”

Extremely underpaid for the workload and drama that you deal with. Yet when you ask for a raise you’re told you’re already overpaid and should be grateful. No thanks.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It’s fair, we could use a raise, but otherwise a great place to work.

I can’t complain much, I’m content with Groendyke, Happy to be with them, great coworkers as well. Management is very helpful. Equipment is nice. It’s a decent place to work. I do feel appreciated here.

Pros

Given time off when needed, dispatch works with driver, shop maintenance is excellent.

Short breaks
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Solid Company but Falling Behind

Groendyke is a respectable company with a strong history. I am an OTR chemical driver so I stay busy. My personal life suffers but that is currently my choice. If you want to make the most money possible you won't be home often. My primary concern at this time is that the company isn't keeping up with the recent rise in wages in the industry. There are many great, lucrative, opportunities for drivers willing to jump ship.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Friendly people, each independent workers

Direct supervisor was excellent. Good communication and leadership. Benefits not so much. I had the freedom to write my own ticket, they left me alone to do the job. Equipment late model and good.

Lots of work, no breaks

Groendyke El Paso Tx is not a good place for work.The owner is very disrespectful.Doesn't care about anything but his trucks rolling, he's a piece of art

Nice management

Groendyke is a honest company so far . But the contract they have with Chemtrade in Beaumont is a trip . Maybe if the Chemtrade personnel deliver there own sulfuric acid then they will stop suspending people for safety issue. Other than incidents Groendyke the company is a great place to be employed.

Could be better

Getting to the point.Terminal managers and driver managers are a ghost, they don’t engage with drivers, and don’t answer their phone.Trucks break down every week.The lowest paying tanker job.Dispatch has favorites, and only give close easy loads to the drivers that complain. You pay for uniforms with their logo on it with your own money. But they have a safety trophy as their method to recruit and persuade drivers to come over. Waste of time
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good work time and home time

The job has been good so far. The tainers I've had are good and give great advice. You take a orientation is a little long. It lasts 7 days. The policies the company has are little to much. They do have cameras inside the trucks.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Run from this company. Total waste of time

This company is a joke and will lie to you daily to get you to stay. Pay is from the 80's and hours are 12-15 hours a day, management is horrible and you will go broke trying to work here.

Everything is horrible

Great Place to Work

Excellent place to work at. Management and co-workers are excellent and extremely helpful. The chemical side pays well, especially hauling HF Acid. I have to say I wish the local fuel loads paid more than they do. Some local loads only paid $30. Overall, great company to work for, only needs to pay more money in the end.

Pros

Training, Managment, Employees

Wages

No good

I was a tanker driver and Pueblo Colorado my pay was very little of nothing I asked all drivers to run away from grande they don't pay enough to haul their fuel in all and to be a tanker driver for them my experience with the company was terrible
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

over all I thank it's a good place to work

the pay is ok but it could be a little more. the pay rate is high but you average about 350 miles per day. the trucks are good shape most of them are new they and get replaced after 500k. Dispatchers are good at solving problems and keeping you moving. they are fair about detention anything over 2 hours you get paid

Corporate administration sucks.

Had no problem with the job itself. They laid me off during covid scare in 2020 and didn’t hire me back after that. I did a good job and ran hard for them.

Pros

People I worked with.

Corporate administration sucks.

Very little pay

Driver's run all day sometimes over your hours of service and pay is per load very hard to make a decent pay check 2 weeks of work equals to $1700 insurance is very expensive and not very good 401k is a joke dispatch don't care about your load pay

Pros

Home daily

Pay is horrible
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It’s okay management doesn’t bother you

It’s an okay job pay fluctuations because they pay you per load and not by the day or hour. Management is decent they don’t hound you. As with all jobs there is gossip and favoritism. Insurance isn’t the greatest no sick pay no pto . You get 1 week of vacation after year. Slip seat trucking . Equipment is well maintained and the shop is on site to fix it. Overall it’s not the worst job .

Pros

New Equipment well maintained

Contras

Pay per load..Inward facing cameras..A lot of variable dictate your paychecks

No middleground

I found the culture to be either very friendly or very toxic depending on if you fell in with the "in" crowd. If you are in, mistakes are quickly forgiven but if not even minor mistakes are magnified.

Pros

Flexible with personal needs

Contras

Cliques run the company. Benefits exist but are much better at other companies
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Productive fast-paced environment to work in

I worked for Groendyke a total of 8 years and in that 8 years I have always been on the go with dispatch making sure I was busy. The pay was pretty good and the equipment was fairly new.

Pros

new equipment, great pay

Contras

work outside in all weather situations
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Decent salary, limited room for advancement

Groendyke corporate generally treats everyone well interpersonally. Environment varies from location to location. Phoenix location is smaller than the rest and struggling to maintain any relevance in the company. Alot of managers overall with vague job roles. Drivers can make higher than average local wage. Office workers have to work day shift and be on-call on the night shift as well.

Pros

Small close knit group

Contras

Work-life balance is no good
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Groendyke Transport. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general