Guidehouse

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 408 evaluaciones

Navigant

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Good environment to work at. Challenging place to work at. The hardest part of the job was the hours that you put in with the little recognition you get for slaving away.

Pros

free food and drinks

work hours

Great culture and people

Great environment to work in. Wonderful and smart people all around. Lots of opportunities to grow and learn. Projects are great and you have the freedom to exercise your skillsets.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Productive and fun work place

It's a productive and fun environment with caring people and a non judgemental zone. Production must be high most of the time in order to complete projects.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Danger! Danger! Stay away! Run away as fast as you can!

WARNING! Bypass the vacancy announcement for Guidehouse and seek employment elsewhere. Supervisors are smart alecs who are always in meetings, always writing reports, and never available to coach new employees or speak with dissatisfied patients. They run the company by text messages, emails, and the ridiculous staff meeting on every third Wednesday.

Pros

Pays every 2 weeks

Contras

Supervisors and managers are snippy for no reason

Awful!

Just awful. Underpaid, overworked, constant moving goals, terrible management, stressful, boring...shall I go on? This is the worst place I have ever worked
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Great place to work.

Great place to work. Allowed to me change my schedule a little so I can get my kid from school. They serve us food for special occasions. Before covid we had potlucks , fun activities.

Pros

Allows us to do parties, sometimes we do potlucks or they will feed us sometimes allows me to leave early for sick kid, Easy to get time off.

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good first job, but not for the long term

I started working at Guidehouse straight out of college. While I undoubtably met a lot of great people and learned a lot while I was there, I’m also grateful I got out when I did. They expect long hours and 110% effort, but aren’t willing to pay for those efforts accordingly. The salary just isn’t competitive - and don’t expect yearly bonuses and pay raises to make up for that either. Also, there was constant mandatory overtime on the project I worked on. When I started the overtime only happened occasionally, but it quickly morphed into extra hours for months on end without any communication from management about the timeline/when we could expect relief. Work-life balance is a foreign concept to GH leadership, and you can imagine what that does for morale. Naturally, the turnover on our project was extremely high - people were always leaving and I imagine still are. I really think leadership just prefers the constant turnover to paying people decently/maintaining their current workforce, which is a shame. But just know that it’s an employee’s market and there are jobs that will pay a lot more competitively than this one. Leaving GH got me a 40% raise with about half of the work I was doing before. So while I really appreciate GH for hiring me straight out of school and giving me the opportunity to establish my career, this isn’t a company to stick around in for the long term.

Pros

Interesting work, great people, lots of opportunities to learn and establish your career.

Contras

Mandatory overtime, little work-life balance, low pay, no effort from leadership to maintain the talent they already have.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Bad apples continue to poisen the barrel

Leadership does not do due diligence when a middle-manager throws shade on more junior staff, costing people raises and promotions. Work-life balance can be achieved, but expectations are not uniformly set across the company.

Avoid at all cost

It was not my voluntary choose to work for this company. They acquired a company I worked for. Apparently they introduced a lots of nonsense policies. For example I( and a lots of my colleagues lost significant PTO balance after this transition. New management only say we have such policies. They do not care at all. Atmosphere in communication with management is very hostile. And we do not for directly for them, We are working for client, which is government agency. And now we also have huge overhead in required communication with a company.

Hostile working environment

They require you to do work outside of hours paid. They say if you want to grow in the company you have to work extra outside of paid hours. You have to literally have a written permission if you need to use the Restroom or be excused even for a minute! Managers are always behind you watching if you left the phone for a second to use the restroom, but the minute you need them to help you they have no idea. They either never answer or just tell you they don’t know! They lie to customers and teach to lie too! Payment is low and ko benefits. I’m sorry, there is nothing good in this company. It’s a scam! They ask you for a lot of documents and they took 3 months to hire us. Yes, 3 Months! I’ve never worked for a company like this before. I’m glad I left.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Fine for a steppingstone but not a long term career.

-High turnover due to lack of good and consistent management -Constantly being talked down to for not following rules and polices that are inconsistent at best( I’ve been given 3 different answers to the same question in 1 day by 3 different leads/managers) -limited to times of year you can take pto -Alot of mandatory overtime bc management makes unrealistic promises to the client

Pros

Pay was good

Management is great

All the managers are very helpful and friendly. They don’t rush training and are very detailed when teaching you something new. They listen to your concerns and put you at ease about everything.

Pros

Remote

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good company, but you do have to advocate for yourself

Overall, I have really liked working here. I was not a fan of my first project (didn't feel challenged) so I requested for placement on a different project. This took time, but did happen eventually. My manager is fantastic, and they have a great company culture.

Consulting... Or call center management

Guidehouse is not your average consultancy. I'm a public sector financial services consultant and it's sadly what you'd expect. Our contracts are federal call centers.. disorganized, fast paced, stressful, and an interesting clientele. Clients are both engaged and lax - which is frustrating. Coworkers are overworked and subordinates are often forgotten about in favor.of the contract. I would recommend the paycheck but not the work.

Not a bad place to work

Not a bad place to work, but the pay could be much better. Abysmal annual raises and decent bonuses. There are probably better consulting companies out there.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

The most enjoyable the job

Friendly and faithful management All users . My opinion is this company aMany people's job opportunities in the platform. Users and management are friendly.

Pros

Free lunches

Hours
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great people, great values, mediocre leadership, poor compensation

Teams and coworkers are great. Work flexibility is great. Work from anywhere, with very flexible hours. Most Upper Management has no idea what employees do, and often sell work they don't understand. But that's their job: selling work, not understanding it or doing it. Financial compensation is intentionally sub-par. Guidehouse openly and unapologetically admits to targeting 80% of the Median of industry standard compensation, so expect to make AT LEAST 25% more somewhere else, especially if you're experienced.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Offers a wide a wide variety of client engagements and interesting projects, but requires a tireless work ethic and lots of personal sacrifices.

Few highs and many lows to work here. The highs: very interesting and challenging engagements, and you learn a lot. The lows: you work incredibly long hours, engagements are often understaffed, turnover is very high and difficult to find job satisfaction here. Company touts a policy of balancing work/life demands, but they only pay lip service and squeeze every billable hour from you. Pay is rather low compared to competition. Company continually fails to meet its own hiring and retention goals, so that should tell you something.

Pros

Interesting array of clients, work is often unique and challenging, big supporters of continuing education, multiple resources to support professional development.

Contras

Work hours are crazy and generally worse as you climb up the chain of command, often see fellow colleagues online well past midnight, advancement is often very slow and painful.

Solid pay

Happiness depends on team. Mostly remote. There are numerous amounts of resources to learn. Not much variety in terms of clients. Organization is overall decent.

Overworked, under paid

Terrible management; all manage, none know coding guidelines. Management guides coders with severe compliance concerns. People are in lead roles with no experience. QA constantly is asked to change score just for good overall Coder scores for the client.

Pros

A team that depends on each other

Everything. Do not work in the coding QA department
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Big 4 to Guidehouse, lack of meaningful culture and high workload depending on your group. It’s okay, fair benefits, not planning on staying long.

Came for the higher compensation they offered me than internal promo at my last B4 firm. Will transition to industry after another year. I’m not as proud to work here and put my head down. Firm and leadership are still defining the overall direction and culture after a few years after the merger.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Guidehouse. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general