H&R Block

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 13.477 evaluaciones

Fun

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Excellent Place for Job my partner's job is are the best
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Productive and fun work place.

Wonderful place to work for women. Management is helpful and approachable. Good work place culture. Everyday you learn something. Overtime work and pay.

Pros

Helpful management

Contras

No benefits for seasonal employees
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Productive and fun place to work

I had a seasonal front desk job at an HRB branch.Passing the HRB Tax course is required to be offered any position at HRB. Very good training. Pay for front desk job is low, but it is a flexible, seasonal, fun job that serves people. Great people in our branch working as a team. Good head office support. It was a collaborative and friendly environment.

Pros

Flexible schedule, great people, collaborative team environment, good training

Contras

Low pay, seasonal work, can be hectic and long hours close to tax deadline
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Lots of opportunities to learn, grow and advance.

This is a wonderful company to work for with equally wonderful management. They provide lots of opportunities to advance and level up in your career.

Pros

Flexible hours, thorough training, great management.

Seasonal position.

Decent place to work

It was a decent place to work for a few years. It was hard to earn a good income because its seasonal. It was easy work though and not difficult to learn
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Fun place to work at

They are amazing to work for, they will work with you if you need to leave for anything. My manager was awesome we always had fun but we got our work done
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

The most rewarding part of the job is helping clients reduce their tax liability.

A great place to work for retirees, mothers of school age children, military spouse… flexible hours around your needs. Transfer to another office if you relocate, no hassle. If you like the feeling of helping people, you’ll find it at HR Block.

Under appreciated

Exceeded target by 200 over returns only to get an $100 bonus. Pay is awful. High turnover for management. Management not always very knowledgeable. Training has gotten really bad.

Love it

I love working at block have been with the company 10 years. We work as a team and every one is allowed to be them selves. We work hard to give client what they want and service that’s I’ll make them want to return

Great work environment

The company is fantastic and very professional. I love the atmosphere and the clients . I love ant to go to work everyday. I’m learning new things as well as being a true asset to the company
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

not a good place to work as a tax pro

this review is for seasonal employees only. management is only interested in their numbers. not the employee. management has no tax prep experience (except for their own return) and does not understand the work a tax pro must preform to take care of the client.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Not welcoming and no training

They put you in a position with a manager who doesn’t how to do his job there call centers don’t help you it feels like you have to already have to be ready to stress for the check and the pay is 10 hr and 14 hr for Atl which isn’t much with what your dealing with you would think the pay would be better

Management shaky

Manager wasn’t effective enough for the position. Wasn’t a good advocate for workplace safety. The coworkers where the best part of the job. Tax pros are rude and angry all the time.

Pros

Coworkers

Management, pay
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great Place To Work And Grow!!

Love working here. You definitely feel heard and like apart of the team. You matter to the company, even as entry level. When hired into the customer service field, employees always say they want employees that care for the customer or client. I have worked for companies that have said that but soon saw this not to be true. One job, before this one, made me cry from how they made us handle and ignore (GOOD) paying customers. The Block REALLY does care about given their customers the best treatment and services possible. They reward their employees for hard work and often have fun contest.

Pros

Flexibility, respect, growth opportunities, Overtime if wanting extra pay

Contras

Seasonal - so no benefits and too fun to want to leave.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

More of a hobby, rather than a career.

Education is top-notch & there is a never-ending amount of education and learning BUT! the pay SUCKS ($15-16.50/hr) and I was told it doesn't get any better. I asked my manager if reaching higher levels of rank = more money and they told me basically to do this for fun b/c if you're looking for big money, it's not at HRB. Helping people was great and interesting, but I made peanuts which broke my heart b/c I enjoyed the concept of working at HRB quite a bit.On a positive note: they worked with my schedule, and always offered more hours if wanted. Some of the seasoned tax preparers were amazing, some didn't care to help you. Lastly, as an employee, you can get your taxes done for free at the end of the season.

Great experience

Great company and great experience! I have a great time with the whole process. I’m really hoping for the best and I am looking forward to more opportunities in the future.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Productive and fun place to work.

Hr block is a great place to work. The hours are flexible. You meet new people constantly. The learning tutorials are great. The test are very challenging.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Terrible pay initially, and seasonal - but not a bad job.

To do your best work, you really should be good with Tax rules and regulations. They train you, and you should pay attention. They do recognize capable workers, and will give you better opportunities in a very short time.

Pros

I wore a tie and got to feel that White-Collar mojo.

Contras

The pay wasn't so great.

Great Job

I was hired as Csp late into the tax season and quickly got set in my duties. was working at a great office where we worked as a team and assisted others when needed. my only negative is I wish they hired for more then just tax season and I wish pay was better.

Pros

team environment, good management, good company

Contras

pay, only hiring for tax season

Was not for me

After the initial training (classes) I was told about their mentorship program only this program never existed and I was thrown to the wolves after learning virtually and not hands on. It was very overwhelming for me and the environment was like being in high-school where all the kids gossip about each other except these were grown women.

Fun work

I enjoyed with the people in my office. All five of us feel like a family. We look out for each other. We help each other when help is needed. They give you an opportunity to work in multiple locations. There are many stores to choose from

Pros

Great office group

Contras

I need more money to pay my bills
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en H&R Block. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general