Highway Transport Chemical

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 95 evaluaciones

No grata

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Mucho favoritismo en el despacho, no aprecian a los choferes,

Pros

Recruiting, mechanical shop

Office personnel

Driver

System drivers get new truck but no new money. Equipment is top of the line. It’s like every company u got good bad and ugly in management. It’s hot and miss with the road drivers. Regional drivers get more miles.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good for newbie tank drivers

So, this company is just Ok. They're not much better than the average trucking company out there. Lots of sweet sounding promises that fall short of reality.As other reviewers have mentioned OTR doesn't make as much money as they say on their job ad. ~60k is what you can expect OTR, compared to the 80-100k they claim because OTR does not get long hauls, you get regional work. Regional drivers get long hauls for some reason.I was told there would be plenty of work when I was going through training but it was nowhere near what I was lead to expect and my checks reflected that fact.I used to order packages to their Knoxville terminal and everytime, without fail, they'd hand me a clearly opened package, and act like they don't know who opened it when asked. Somebody was checking my packages. They probably have their reasons but they should have at least told me first.Management/Load planners make a lot of small but significant mistakes. They'll send you the wrong address number or delivery time and expect you to still get it right. Sometimes they'll update the load information without stating anything. Some people don't have a problem with that, but it was a surprise to me. I knew immediately this would be a continuous problem, when it happened more than twice in a week.The work itself is easy. I actually really enjoy hauling tanker. It's the company, however, that makes things difficult. I couldn't understand why they kept missing the mark. It was baffling.So with that being said, it's just another trucking company. Nothing special. Make of it what you will and then -

Pros

Good for drivers looking to get into tanker

Contras

- dispatch, load planning, pay, management

Steady work - weekly pay

Benefits are ridiculous the deductibles are extremely high. No paid time off until 6 months. Favoritism by driver managers to give best paying loads to certain drivers. No overtime pay for hourly work. A place to get experience but significantly better options out there. Potential earnings posted by company are inflated.

Top 50% of CDL Employers, Better Than Most

A good company to work for overall, nice equipment, great shop repair and attention to maintenance. The usual mix of very good and fairly terrible driver managers... but are very good about reassignment if requested. Senior management (terminal manager and higher) are generally respectful and helpful. The "prime" job there is local out and back loads... the OTR drivers earn less, which didn't make sense. Too much time between loads was usually the problem. I'm not certain that driver concerns are always addressed truthfully or consistently... but drivers (everywhere) DO complain a lot so I understand. The pay is good, but not what they claim in their recruitment ads for annual potential. Around $65K for OTR out 18 and home 3. Benefits are good, but expensive like everywhere else.

Pros

Equipment, Maintenance, Work/Life Balance, decent terminals

Contras

Timing between loads (too much for OTR), they actively report very minor stuff on DAC system, benefits seem expensive for a family
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Really laid back company

No micromanagingAfter dropping off empty trailers for tank wash, the appointments for the next pickup could’ve been sooner but usually that wasn’t the case. So you would definitely have somewhat of a layover after every load.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great place to work and get a lot of experience. They work with you for home time. Your pay check depends on you. If you want a nice check you will be available for work. The more you work the greater your check will be.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good job in geismar everybody respectful

Good job good orientation and trainer can’t beat that it’s not far from my house everybody is down to earth and understand if something happens on the road
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Just like any trucking company

Pay is good but lots of waiting, not enough work. Past managers were great but the new driver managers will needle you to death. Overall good place to work but is going down hill. Just look at how many job openings, that says it all.

Pros

pay and home time when needed.

Contras

Poor management, lots of sitting around.

Nothing to say.

Do not work for them. Working for this company has stressed me out. When they hired us they told us that it was so much work. Lies. Can't make a living

Pros

It's a job

Contras

It's a low paying, no communication, no respect company

Great company. Lots of advancement

I love working for highway. Since being here I’ve moved to Knoxville and changed from system to regional. It’s been the best company I’ve ever worked for and there’s always opportunities to live up within the company.

Pros

Constant work, advancement

Insurance cost

Good Company

(former mechanic) Laporte,tx. Owners care about employees.Very competitive company. Company maintains equipment better than most competitors and has great business relations with customers. If your willing to be dedicated, you will be rewarded.

Pros

Bonuses, stability

Contras

hard to find dedicated people these days.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good pay, company will work with you as far as hometime. Compensated for everything you do.

Good pay for company drivers. Was home every weekend. Dispatch also got me home through the week if I had an appt or family function I needed to attend. Overall good place to work. Trucks were taken care of, trailers were in good condition.

Pros

Pay, hometime

Health insurance expensive

Shop/ tankwash

Shop and tank wash use to be good but it has gone down hill. The pay is a joke, they only promote employees who suck up to the management . All the shops are a joke. most of the mechanics are better at dodging work than turning a wrench. The only plus they have going for them is their bonuses

Contras

Health care expenses, pay, no progression

Great place to be!

Working at Highway Transport has been a great experience, and I’m glad to have the opportunity to work here. My dispatcher is great, my terminal manager communicates with me on a daily basis. My trainer was very informative and helpful, which is great considering I have no prior Tanker experience.

Pros

Good Pay, Management that cares about you.

Contras

Health Insurance is a bit high.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good

Good Company and very respectful. They took good care of me and treat me very well. I love the company and they treat us very well and sweet. They seem very professional

Pros

Pay

Health Insurance
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

They keep you busy and leave you alone

They don't harrass you about petty infractions like following too closely, stability control alert, where you fuel and overspeeding. Just don't get a ticket or a wreck and they'll keep leaving you alone while you go about the country making deliveries.

Pros

Quarterly bonus, always get you home in you give proper notice.

Contras

Some dispatchers have never been a driver and need to work on their trip plan skills.

Great place!!!

Great place to work...insurance could be better...dispatch was cool...equipment is to be expected..work hard play hard...like some companies there's a slow time and a time where everything was fast pace and work was abundant...low touch unload..

Pros

Decent work environment

Insurance could be better

Amazing Experience

The starting process was very smooth. From training in the classroom to on the job training. Im out of the Taylor, MI terminal and my driver manager is irreplaceable. They take care of the equipment very well and the drivers here. Management down at the home facility in TN can pull some bs from time to time.

Pros

Good money, good home time, good equipment

Certain policy's on pay

Excellent place to work

They care about their drivers they really do I got sick and they kept me a lot longer than they had to for a year and a half they never lied to me or made me mad these people are true professional they treat there system drivers pretty good new Mack’s and either new trailer or rebuilt one all of there terminals are awesome except for one and it in Croydon Pa and it’s not bad if you get a quick load out of there it’s an easy job pay is good so are bonuses

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Pays well. Drivers treated well.

This company has a good culture and they treat their employees well. As a driver, the pay is top notch and management tries to help drivers work the schedule they want. Very professional company.

Pros

Compensation. Stable miles.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Highway Transport Chemical. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general