Hilco Transport

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 49 evaluaciones

Not the place for me

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
How is felt like I was doing the wrong thing my manager was not a good manager I always felt like I was the one they put all the work on and always have to work weekends.

Pros

Money

Everything Else

Kids in charge

Worst run garage I have ever worked in. No accountability. No supervision. No quality control . Bad place to work unless you are a jack leg mechanic.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Long hours, start early in the mornings, a lot of waiting at transfer stations and landfill.Trucks and trailers are overused and not replaced often enough. Some of the trucks and trailers are over 6 years old and should be replaced with newer ones.

Easy Tractor trailer job

You get paid by the load. If you average what you get paid by the hours you put in,every driver makes between 14 to 18 dollars per hour. If you don't mind that pay for a tractor trailer driver then everything else about the company is great

Pros

Great people and easy run

Contras

You can make the same stocking shelves at Walmart.

24 febrero 2022

Never a shortage of trash

Good place to work great people most if not all of management where truck drivers at one point. Only problem is automatic trucks and driver facing cameras.

24 febrero 2022

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

They are good to work for, you have to be direct with what you want to do such as work wise. Insurance needs a lot of work done to it.

I like working here they are flexible with hours if you need a day off or so. You do your job There will be no complaints. Be direct with dispatch and management

Pros

Flexible with hours and time off, management and safety are good to work with

Contras

Insurance, some loads don’t pay well some do.

Alot of waiting.

The money is just flat out not decent. was on the Durham route I waited on average 6 hrs a day. It could be ran alot better. I didn't like how drivers are dedicated to a route, when they're obviously routes that are better than others. My personal opinion Durham was way worse than the routes I was trained on. So if you do get offered the Durham route, use caution.

Pros

Get your own truck

Money, and waiting

24 febrero 2022
We appreciate feedback as Hilco Transport continues to strive to be a leader in the Transportation Industry. Unfortunately, the work we do here at Hilco is not for everyone. We hope you have found something more suited to your desired work.

If you want to make good money this is the place for you.

I've been working here for about a year now and management has been a word keeper In my book.you is payed for everything you do and there is room to grow.

24 febrero 2022
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate feedback as Hilco Transport continues to strive to be a leader in the Transportation Industry.

Honest work

Honest day's work for honest pay.So, you go to work and the work is what you expect to do. It is not too hard and most of it is easy. You work about the hours that you would expect to and make what you would expect for the amount of hours that you worked. The people are great and the job is average.

Pros

Close to home

Random schedule

24 febrero 2022
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate feedback as Hilco Transport continues to strive to be a leader in the Transportation Industry.

Consistent work

Good place to work, very laid back sometimes too laid back. Definitely can jump in and learn new skills and jobs. Decent place to work is you want to actually work and they allow you to work as much as wanted

Pros

Tons of hours available

Contras

Laid back, management, coworker attitude

24 febrero 2022
Thank you for your feedback! Hilco has an open door policy. We encourage all of our employees to utilize this policy concerning any issues.We appreciate feedback as Hilco Transport continues to strive to be a leader in the Transportation Industry.

Dont recommend

Horrible experience. Communication within the company is the worst. There is NONE. There is no actual training, they showed me a computer. Pointed here, pointed there and left. Most of the time I had nothing to do. So if something was incorrect it was their fault for not explaining. I don't recommend anyone to bother applying here. The only pro I would say would be that no one is constantly on your shoulder.

Pros

Management is not bothering you

18 agosto 2021
Thank you for your comment, as we greatly appreciate feedback from employees and temporary workers. We recognize that there are people who will not thrive, be successful, or completely satisfied with a temporary assignment with Hilco. While we pride ourselves in being self-motivated employees in a fast-paced environment with little micro-management, we do realize that atmosphere is not for everyone. Thank you again for what your provided Hilco in your very short tenure with us. Thanks again and best wishes in your future endeavors!

Encouraging Manager that Works with You

The management team wants to work with you to have the best work experience that you can. Everyone has been kind and inclusive. The expectations set out for your job are clear and there is always someone willing to help if you have questions.

Pros

Company provides lunch occasionally, laid back office environment, good management

Pto, and fewer Holidays than I would like

19 mayo 2021
Thank you for your recent company review. We appreciate feedback as Hilco Transport continues to strive to be a leader in the Transportation Industry.

Your left alone to do your job and great atmosphere.

Great place to work friendly and to earth. Equipment is new a day very well maintained. Will work with you on. whatever home time you need. Steady work.

Pros

Great support from dispatch and most managers

Contras

You work outsie in all weather conditions

17 mayo 2021

Be aware if o/o you will be used to establish territory then pushed out

Everything is great at 1st especially if you bring work with you but as soon as they can get company trucks into the area they will push you out and take over the work you brought. Worst decision I ever made period!

Watch your back

1 febrero 2021
Thank you for your review. Hilco has an open door policy. We encourage all of our employees to utilize this policy concerning any issues or future career growth.

They promise and don't deliver

Management plays to their favorite. No matter what type of job you doIf you don't party with them. Then you are not part of the team. They do not base their raise and promotion on work ethic. You have to be one of the favorites.. Even when management is aware of wrongs that are being done, they look over the mistreatment of good employees, To favor friendship.

14 diciembre 2020
Thank you for your feedback. Hilco has an open door policy. We encourage all of our employees to utilize this policy concerning any issues.We appreciate feedback as Hilco Transport continues to strive to be a leader in the Transportation Industry.

Do not apply.

Unless you wanna run broke down equipment.Work with people who do whatever they want/make you do all the work .Get bullied/talked down by drivers.Do not apply.

Pros

Easy work

Contras

Poor management, run down equipment, lazy employees

14 diciembre 2020
Thank you for your review. Hilco has an open door policy. We encourage all of our employees to utilize this policy concerning any issues. If you are not satified with your answers, you may contact Human Resources for help and direction.

Best money is in a sleeper and you can make all the money you want if you actually work. They have lanes all over and you can for the most go where you want.

Pros

Good money

Work can be seasonal

29 septiembre 2020

good place to start or finish

Been with the hilco family for several years has its ups and downs like any place. They work with you if you need family time. Pay could be better but that is subjective.

Pros

Home time, flexibility

Pay

28 septiembre 2020

Decent place to work.

Pay is ok. They will run you to death if you let them. Management is easy to get along with, just come in ready to work. You will have to tell them when you want a weekend off, or they will assume you want to work every weekend.

Pros

Good equipment, steady work, open door policy.

Contras

No real advancement for the drivers.

6 julio 2020

Dump truck Driver

Hilco transport seems to be a good place to work they have done everything that they told me that they would do strongly recommend if you are looking for a good company to work with

1 junio 2020

Stay away from it, Especially Management

Did not care for the management. Were told we would receive guaranteed hours ,Yet had to come in when the temp was below freezing to wash trucks. Not .

6 mayo 2020
We appreciate your feedback. Hilco Transport is supportive of a joint partnership with our Dump drivers. We are happy to offer guaranteed hours during inclement weather with the expectation that the affected drivers provide assistance with light maintenance of our fleet during this time.

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Hilco Transport. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3,5 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Hilco Transport
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?