Hillstone Restaurant Group

2,9Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 176 evaluaciones

Good money - miserable management/upper management

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Money is great. Training is extensive as it should be. Managers and executives seem to care less about their employees and just focus on the sales each store is putting out each day. Would be a more enjoyable workplace if there was some employee recognition/appreciation from upper level management. You work your tail-end off, picking up shifts to HELP the managers and they just continue to use & abuse it without giving anything back. If you work here just remember - they will replace you in a heartbeat no matter how much you give to them.

Pros

Money

good place to work

Very nice staff and respectable management. A very good place to work in the restaurant business if you are someone who is looking for a good reliable job with good pay.

Stressful hostile environment

The only thing keeping employees is the money. You make good money but the job itself at time is unbearable. The worst part is management. They don’t care about the employees. You’re constantly called on off days from a manager begging you to cover shifts due to the extremely high turnovers. When you say no they make you feel awful. It’s a good place to work for the money. Everything else, terrible.

Great team, awful management

The team here is wonderful. Managers are horrible. Staff are treated as replaceable and are overworked due to constant understaffing. The turnover is extremely high because the work culture is toxic. Money was mostly good. Hard working co-workers were fired for small reasons, mostly because they didn’t get along with management.

Pros

Great staff, good tips, teamwork

Contras

Awful management, hard to get time off, toxic culture

A waste of time

Working at hillstone is a complete waste of time. They’re so consumed by the guest's perception of their staff rather then the efficiency and the hard work they see IN there staff. They don’t stick up for their staff by ANY means, and are completely ignorant to motivation and recognition for what really matters. They don’t TEACH, I was fired after 2 reviews that were completely distorted and ludicrous. They say you can ask questions but don’t give you room to LEARN. Management is constantly breathing down your back about your image, verbiage, or the way you “circulate” the dining room. You’re constantly walking on eggshells. They don’t treat their staff with respect, and are extremely passive aggressive. They will fire you because you don’t know something that wasn’t even taught to you during training. God forbid you ask your table for a box with 2 bites left!!! I’ve served for 6 years and NEVER worked for a company this awful. Please don’t waste your time. They’re urgently hiring because they can’t keep an employee.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Hard work, great pay

Very specific guidelines for day-to-day. You do more than the typical restaurant. If you like the everyone does everything culture, you'll love it. If you like more independence you won't. It's long hours, all standing, hard work. Expect to close by cleaning your assigned area and leave by 11:30/midnight even though we "close" at 9. No insurance until 1 year from hire date. No time off. Great weekly $ for being a server.

Unnecessarily Stressful

Management breathes down your neck 24/7. It takes months to move to a bigger section. Unfair seating. Long hours. Half the people you work with are lovely, the rest fake. Management are rude and won't be scared to show you this in front of guests. Honestly, still have nightmares.

Fun work place to learn

great people great training and they care about their staff and servers. they feed the staff before both morning and evening shifts. everyone has a great and positive energy.

Extremely strict and inhumane

Money is pretty much the only good thing about this job. The management is extremely strict about everything and the work environment is the most stressful you'll ever have. Personally, even getting paid "good" was NOT worth the amount of stuff they would make you do. NO JOB FLEXIBILITY AT ALL. If you do not intend to work full time or close to full time you shouldn't work here. Shifts are 8-14 hours long and you have to work most days of the week. You don't ever get to go on any sort of break. I would highly recommend putting your time and energy somewhere else.

Pros

Pay

Everything else
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Literally the most toxic work place

I’ve worked in a lot of restaurants in my life. But this place is just insanely toxic. They fire people left and right, then keep on people that should have been fired because they like them. Like, some one ignored an allergy and sent some one to the hospital, wasn’t fired. My son was admitted to the hospital (he was 5) and I got written up for not getting my shift covered (after I TRIED, and talked to the GM about it) the Management had absolutely no sympathy or understanding. They are verbally degrading to employees and very two sided. “If you have a question just ask.” But then if you ask they write you up for not knowing every ingredient in something. Some employees are awesome, but some thrive in the toxic environment and make it even worse. Worst part is, those are the people that are kept on. They money is great there from the tips. But 100% not worth it to work in such a toxic and terrible work environment, you can find better money and a better place to work.

Terrible culture

Do not work here. Managers constantly gaslight you that you could be fired and they talk down to staff and treat everyone terribly.The money is decent for serving. SO that's why people endure the verbal abuse. Honestly, in the end, it's not worth it. Find somewhere else to work.

Pros

Good money for serving

Terrible toxic culture

Machine overcharged working environment - Easy burnout & toxic environment

Upon being vetted for the position there is a company policy of discrimination which is clearly scensed since day one. There is a disregard for people's time. Once brought onboard for training they have outdated training materials in which they expect to be learned in less than 24hours & you will be tested on the materials. People who train you are often no more than 2 months working there. They speak ill of each other - no healthy team culture. As well as will bad mouth guests. Its completely unprofessional the manner in which they conduct themselves as a supposed high standard company. The amount of demand and expectation is also inhuman. Their drive is to turn everything around like a machine for no regards to their employees. They don't give any breaks, food or even provide you with a glass of water. You are on your feet & expected to be occupied & demonstrating joy the entirety of your shift. Contrary to what they say - there isn't flexibility in their schedules. Even though pay may be good, for the amount of stress, poor character from team members & lack of healthy work culture it makes for a toxic work environment which isn't sustainable. Don't subject yourself to a disfunctional environment.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good money but environment is too stressful

Coworkers are nice, managers are the most unprofessional people I have ever met. Very hostile environment overall. Didn’t enjoy working there, getting day off is extremely hard
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Loved this job as a server but got fired for not living up to the standard.

I was a server at Hillstone for 6 months and genuinely loved my job. I was a top 3 server in the restaurant pulling well over $6000 to $8000 dollars in sales a week. The money was amazing and my coworkers were amazing. However, the management is so out of touch with humanity and what hospitality is all about. Over my 6 months with the company, I've seen so many competent and great servers and bartenders get fired for a guest review or a mistake that they made. The threat of being fired was alway present and that loomed over the job all the time. I thought I wouldn't be fired but I was wrong. I dedicated so much time and even moved to the area for this job, only to be terminated. I will end this by saying this is a great job if you are able to not let the managers or company break you for not following their standards. Just always be ready to leave at a moments notice.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Mentally draining and sets you up for failure.

My time had tremendous ups and downs, and a lot of in-betweens. Hillstone has the best staff, both FOH and BOH. The people there are wonderful and were substantial to making it through a day. The clientele, the revolving door of "spec" policies, and the system of being a server sets you up to fail. You either can do it or you can't, and if you can't immediately after training, expect heavy pressure from management.

Pros

The pay. The people. The food isn't half bad.

Contras

Mentally taxing. Unnecessarily stressful. Varying levels of competency in management..
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Fun place to work/over managed

For a restaurant it’s a great place to work. I enjoyed my coworkers and the people I served. Management is too micromanaging. Good job to support in pursuit of other things.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

The money is good, everything else sucks.

Managers play favorites, they manipulate you with a ranking system, they write you up for every little mistake you make. Get ready to get written up multiple times a month if your not perfect. You get employee discount for food and time to eat when pulling a double but you still have to keep an eye on your tables. Incredibly long hours. You spend one to two hours trying to close but still get paid a servers wage during those hours.

Contras

Immature managers, managers play favorites, leadership is faster at reprimanding you than helping you.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good money lots of stress

Good money to be made but lots of stress. Demanding management and literal signs posted in the back reminding you that you are replaceable. Overall too stressful

Horrible management and environment

I can see why no one lasts working here. The first day I started people were telling me I’m not going to last, no one lasts, it’s a horrible place to work at which was a red flag. They were not wrong!!! The management is rude! They do not know how to talk to their staff. The staff they have are basically people who have worked there for years. Everyone is so negative and hated being there and talked so bad of management. I’ve never been in such a toxic environment. The person training me was so rude and would belittle me for the smallest things. They are really strict. I was threatened to be fired. I have worked in a lot of restaurants and none have been this bad. The good pay is not worth it.

Pros

Good pay

Good pay, good people

The clientele is mostly great, much better than restaurants with lower pricing. Management encourages continuing education and makes sure that servers are very knowledgeable about all menu items. I made tons of friends and management was always willing to help.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Fast paced, fun work environment

I enjoyed working with the company for 3 years. Never had a day that I didn't want to be there because I loved my team. Money was consistent and felt valued as an employee.

Pros

Family meal, great money, great team, shifts go by quickly

Can be quite exhausting.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Hillstone Restaurant Group. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general