Hobby Lobby

3,4Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 5.071 evaluaciones

Ambiente de trabajo colaborativo.

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Una empresa prospera y con una cultura laboral solida.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great pay for pulling orders

If you are willing to show up and work hard, you will be just fine. It is the type of job that you can clock in and clock out and not worry about taking the job home with you. They pay well.

Great place to work!

I loved working at Hobby Lobby! I worked there for a little over 2 years. The only reason I left is because I had a baby and wanted to stay home. I had incredible co-workers who became good friends. Nearly 8 years later we’ve all kept in touch as most of us have moved, promoted, retired or followed other career paths. I love stopping in to shop and saying hi to those who still work there as well! The overall community within the store was incredible! As far as a job, I loved it. We’ve moved away from the city otherwise I’d consider going back to work there. I loved my customers, always enjoyed the work and never had a problem spending extra time there to spend my paycheck after I got off. I worked as the head cashier but got to help in other departments regularly so it was nice to change things up from time to time. Five star company for sure. The pay was great, the people even better. By far my favorite job I’ve had.

Pros

Pay, management, customers, work

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Pays well but don't expect an easy job.

Alot of hard work but you'll meet some cool people! Management at this location tend to be understanding and supportive but corporate management can sometimes be a pain. There will always be opportunities for more hours, definitely more of a full time versus part time position.

Don’t be late

An amazing company, great pay for little work. Just be responsible and don’t sleep in they are very struck about the point system. Worth the money for hardly any work

Pros

2 15min breaks on the clock

Feet hurt
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Fun

Pays well and can be fun but also alot of work..Even though they don't extend Christmas hours you are still gonna work later at Christmas..Christmas and fall season is busy but calm most of the other time of year

Productive workplace

Love the staff and how helpful they are. They are like family and always helping each other. I really love that. They train you pretty well! If you need help, just Ask
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

If you can be fake it's for you

Too much favoritism an if not like by team leads or management you can be overworked an overwhelmed. You can be hired for one thing an do multiple positions if required which is not no issue if your flexible but they fail to tell you that upon hire . You can be easily targeted for other who do the bare minimum an your work extremely harder
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Nice decor but outdated systems

Loved seeing and setting up all the new product. Their register system is really old school and outdated and they do not use scanners to help locate items within the store.

Good company

Good company easy work. Just hope you get a good boss and district manager who respect you. Hours can be from 7am till 11pm depends on your shift. Most employees schedules rely on business need's. You can be cut short a lot.

overall good workplace

, Overall the jobs okay but it def has its flaws, the management sometimes are rude and unprofessional, but then also nice? some policies also dont make any sense

Pros

Understanding Manager, Decent pay

Rude management, misunderstandings

Let's be honest....

The stores are terribly understaffed, overworked, and underpaid with no benefits due to this Christian shell doesn't believe in full time employment.

easy work but favorites

its easy but favorites for team leads exists and it sucks. If youre an attractive girl guy team leads will just talk to them all day while workers like me have to work even harder.

Poor Management

Poor Management. The Store Manager is degrading to all employees making poor morale and unhappy employees. Company needs to start caring about their workers instead of just focusing on “saving money.” They are losing very good employees and will continue to as the months go on, which will leave this store struggling for the holiday season. The store does not look put together anymore, looks like an outlet store since we don’t have time to “stage” product and merchandise. We once had enough workers to do so but now the only focus is to process two truckloads a week with no space to put it. Boxes have been piled 7 high around the perimeter of the store for weeks now and customers complain that they can’t shop. No customer service on the sales floor, all employees are in the back working the truck and pushing freight. They are losing sales and it makes me worry about the future for this store.

Great Pay. Poor culture.

The pay at Hobby Lobby is amazing compared to other retail stores. The only issue really are there is no room to move up in the company, and the culture I experienced was not the greatest. Everyone feared the GM.

It’s ok

Payment Wasn’t enough for all the work you do . they move you everywhere, sometimes you should cover fabric, art and framing department at the same time. It’s just stressful.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It's all about the company.

When interviewing, they hire as temporary. Told you will be scheduled 2 nights and every other Saturday. Full time hiring will be approximately 2 weeks after store opening. A month later there is no full time hiring. Everyone is still temporary working full time hours for part time pay. Your stuck working whatever schedule they set because you're not full time, which doesn't match the interview conversation. The schedule is never posted 3 weeks ahead and the daily schedule is usually never ready first thing in the morning. You're expected to unload trucks and clean the bathrooms. It's all about the store looking good financially and the heck to employees. For being a Christian company, multiple people feel betrayed and used.

Pros

Can't think of any.

Read the review.

Great Place to work!

I worked at Hobby Lobby for just over 2 years. The only reason I left was because of Covid. The working environment was good, Great co-workers and managers.

Toxic Work Environment

What seemed like a dream job turned out to be the most unnecessarily stressful environment I've worked in. I enjoyed creating artwork, patterns and learning about packaging design, but there was no room for mistakes, nor did anyone take the time to try and mentor young designers. Management treated employees as if they were dispensable. While I had great co-workers, we would be reprimanded if we talked to each other if it was not a break. There was little room for growth and lots of rules that made it very hard to enjoy what could have been a really great job.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Out of touch work culture and practices

As a department lead, I was basically a cashier that sometimes got to work in my department. I barely got 35 hours a week. You are quizzed weekly on what's on sale and once a month on your department, despite barely working in your department.If you have anything going on outside of work, too bad, as you have to have an open availability. You have to input everything at the register manually and memorize what's on sale each week because the point of sale system is so out of date. Very inappropriate things were said at meetings. The turnover rate is high and people call in sick all the time. Closing the store takes forever, sometimes almost 2 hours.This job is needlessly frustrating and tedious.

Pros

Sundays off

Contras

Out of date work practices, no training, no help, have to wear khakis

Outdated system

The people I worked with were good, managers were not promoted from within so a few of them didn't understand the system at all. Hobby Lobby does not use barcodes to ring things up, so you'll be punching things in by hand, which makes it easy to mess up prices, forget discounts, miss items etc. especially when there's a massive line waiting on you to count every individual sheet of open stock craft paper someone has brought up. You'll be expected to memorize a sheet of sales that rotates every week, though they do give you a cheat sheet. Most customers were ok, got quite a few nasty ones though.

Pros

employee discount is good if you already shop there, if you enjoy instrumental covers of hymns then those play your entire shift.

Contras

outdated system, managers might act like its your fault the system is bad.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Hobby Lobby. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general