Huntsman

3,8Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 494 evaluaciones

Fue muy buena. Ya que tome experiencia encia

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
La experiencia obtenida ahi en la empresa fue muy buena. El ambiente laboral fue relajante y en ocasiones alho estresante.

Excellent Work/Life Balance

Like most employers, there's room for improvement, but overall Huntsman is a good place to work in my experience. There are many opportunities to learn, if you're opening and willing. One negative is compensation. Huntsman is on the lower end on pay in comparison to other chemical facilities in the region, but they have a fairly good benefits program.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Meaningful and challenging position that enables me to possess self-learning ability, interpersonal skills, communication skills & leadership skills

Great place to work. Open management with opportunities to evaluate skills. Excellent work-life balance with benefits. I genuinely enjoy the company.

Empresa dinâmica e agradável

Excelente empresa.Ótimo de se trabalhar, ambiente sensacional.

Cared about family

I enjoyed working for Huntsman but there is an over arching culture of micro management that did not help me be as successful as I could have been. It would really benefit the company to embrace a culture that empowers its people to release the full potential.

Pros

Cares about family, training and development

Micro management, top down
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Newly rebuilt open concept, no private offices, low moral

The word of the day at Huntsman is "shareholder value", in other words, as an employee you don't matter. You will be overloaded with work because of their "run lean" business model and when you ask for help you will receive a blank stare back from you manager. To be successful at this company you will need to get used to the fact that you will need to work very hard and put in the time just to keep up. In the event a large project lands on your plate, because of the "run lean" attitude at Huntsman you will fail.

Pros

Nice location on The Woodlands Water Way

Contras

Poor management, over loaded, run lean business model, always getting rid of people.

i would not recommend

no career advancement, no job security, management is a joke, you can forget about taking your lotted breaks, supervisor plays favorites. if your looking for a place with moral and integrity this is not it.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good pay, good people, hard hours

Working at the Advanced Materials location in Lansing, MI, I was given good training on my duties as I started. Everyone there was fun and friendly. The hard thing was working 10 hour days on 3rd shift. If you like being dead through the week but having a longer weekend, it's good.

Productive work place

Descent pay the work we do. Rotating shifts are hard to get use to. Definitely enough down between shifts. Like any place there is always room to impove.

Ambiente lavorativo stressante con un livello manageriale molto basso

Ambiente lavorativo stressante con un livello manageriale molto basso

Pros

Ambiente lavorativo, rapporto con i colleghi

Management e stress

Stress free work environment

It is generally stree-free work environment but the pay is on the lower side of the average. People are friendly but less people from countries outside europe

I would stay away

I’m not sure if it’s just the site or Huntsman as a whole, but working for Huntsman for the past 8 years has been subpar, at best. Management is the epitome of a joke and the safety of their employees has NEVER been priority. Everyone is treated like they’re expendable, versus an asset, and the turnover rate at our site is solidified proof of that. Safety incidences that have involved an injury to multiple employees have purposefully been ignored and not reported because management didn’t want an OSHA recordable. The all around culture has jaded so many employees over the years that more than 80% of the site employees are currently looking to leave Huntsman. New hires never last long, once they realize what they got themselves into. Again, it could just be our specific site.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Stress-free but on average or lower than avg pay

Very little stress, lots of meetings which helps define and keep projects on track. Feel lower than average pay for the experience and level. unstable bonus payment system
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Nice colleagues. Big pressures.

There's a lot to be said.To keep it short, it is not always great to work for companies who have a steep hierarchy.In the beginning it all seemed well but I have to revise. Extreme pressures from the start, and no real focus on proper training. If you are lucky then you end in a team with nice colleagues and proper training. If you don't, you don't. And are literally left to your own devices. Own initiative is not encouraged. Big pressures. Steep hierarchical structure. Choose wisely. I should have been more careful in opting for this company. Really think hard before you sign. I wish I had. Worst work experience I ever had. Including not receiving the papers I should have received. Despite waiting for months. Avoid!!!

Pros

Good perks

Contras

Pressure from mgt, no realistic outlook, no buddying, very toxic environment, pressures instead of perspectives, no structure in training, top//bottom hierarchy
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Mix of staff, but very political

The project I was on was already in a failure mode. I was unable to turn it around. The company has good benefits and has good standards, but not all staff are compliant with the company goals.

Productive, educational and professional

Huntsman Tioxide was like home, hence it's was not only about working but also we were family. Teamwork effort, reaching targets, learning and gaining experience. Production, process control and maintenance, housekeeping. Company offers full PPE for workers for safety reasons. Safety comes first.

Pros

Staff transport, free lunch if you working overtime

Contras

Chemical fumes, sometimes working long hours
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

For someone who is new to the work environment straight out of college, this could be a good opportunity.

You have the ability to learn a lot and be compensated more than other companies. One con is the traditional work environment, in corporate they do not tend to work from home and work past 5pm although they earn a salary. I learned a lot in the role but I often felt I was a filler since there was lots of turnover from the corporate roles in finance. There is definitely more flexibility if you work in one of the four divisions.

Pros

end of the year bonus, entry level positions, development

Contras

traditional work environment, high turnover

Good company overall

Good company overall but issues with distribution and turnover at all levels leading to uneven work flow and training. People are often stressed and different divisions do not interact with each other
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good pay Good benefits and that is it Everthing and Everyone working there trash

If your stupid, lazy and want a free check apply trust me you need a 0 IQ and just a pulse you’ll be catered to like a God. If you like sleep don’t worry you get plenty and they pay you for it. If your sensitive don’t worry they have the highest complaints to HR daily. To have a long lasting career trust nobody everyone will stab you in the back the first chance they get.

Loved working there

Great place to work while it lasted good staff too, love working with the public.Quite hard while it was table service only. Then lockdown again so no more job.

Pros

Picked my own hours, Management ok, Great staff to work with.

Contras

Landlady's partner bullying staff, Landlady's partner pretending to be landlord, Landlady's partner upsetting customers
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Ambiente amichevole e collaborativo.

Ottima azienda, da anni sul mercato. Ambiente amichevole e moderno, molto stimolante. Strutturata in maniera adeguata per una multinazionale, con presenza in parecchie nazioni nel mondo.

Pros

Mensa, quattordicesima e bonus produzione.

Nessuno.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Huntsman. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3,6 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Huntsman
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?