KBR

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 4.425 evaluaciones

Ambiente de trabajo relajado

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Muy buen trabajo recomiendo ampliamente trabajar aquí ya que es muy relajado y pagan muy bien, el gfe es muy buena onda y respeta las reglas
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Productive, casual but very focused teamwork. Small group, skilled workers.

I have my hours arranged with my boss and if I need to work from home, I let him know my situation and he's been so helpful. The management will allow flexibility in working hours. They want you to produce, keep learning, and work together. There are some really great, knowledgeable, skilled workers at KBR and they communicate well. The hardest part of my job is probably the commute. KBR is actually all over the world, but my work location is about 25 miles south and I had to be cleared before I could work on site. The learning curve is high because the product is rather technical, but they encourage growth and learning, which is my favorite part of the job. I've learned a whole lot there and continue to grow each day. Everyone is very professional and very nice - they enjoy one another and working together. Benefits are some of the best you'll get anywhere and KBR encourages you to use them.

Pros

Great atmosphere, culture, and benefits

The commute

Very stable and flexible

The management is always trying to help and makes effort to make you feel comfortable. For the amount of work I wish pay was more but a good place to work if you are trying to have a stable job with good benefits. A lot of opportunities to learn new skills while working as well

Pros

Flex hours, opportunity to be remote, good managers

Contras

Avg pay. Not a lot of growth.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

KBR offers employees lots of benefits and a good work life balance

KBR is a good place to work. They are employee focused and care about doing the right. Most employees can choose to work from the office or from home.

little to no sense of community at the 2400 location

I didn't feel a sense of belonging and didn't enjoy my work. Poor leadership in management. Everyone is always too busy to actually create a healthy work culture. Little to no social events or gatherings outside of work.

Pros

NASA customer, covered parking, annual salary review

Contras

workplace culture, no sense of community, management's lack in leadership, no clear opportunities for growth
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Been here 4 years and it is a good place to work. I’ve been able to reach my goals and people seem to care what I’m doing. Of course the work sometimes gets mundane but that’s the norm with contract work
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Interesting and Varied Work, in various Engineering Industries.

The normal day started in the office resolving issues of Junior Engineers and other Discipline Engineers. The Work Place Culture was generally good although, being a American Company there were clashes with American Standards and Structures - out of Huston Texas. I assume that these clashes of Australian Standards and American have been resolved now. The Company had a issue with some staff managing issues to suit themselves. For example I came in one Monday to find all Computer had been re-imaged as some staff had loaded unlicensed software on their machines. When I queried about the Special Software I had on my machine being wiped I was told I had to buy a new license, as when they re-imaged my machine they didn't record the License details. Missing this software that had been Company Approved meant I could do my job efficiently. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to pass on my experiences to Junior Engineers in the Fields of Water, Mining and Oil and Gas.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Lots of bosses and little to none of leadership its who you know

Started here earlier this year and saw an immense amount of red flags in my leadership heard from many employees and the characteristics of managers and warnings which is normal for most industries you cant please everyone but the amount of people was saying the same things was concerning. I quickly determined that my direct supervisor was toxic and spread that toxicity and narcissism around the team. Every morning I come in i see everyone is sad and depressed. People are here only to survive everyone's afraid to speak up for fear retribution and retaliatory behavior. I haven't been here long enough to determine if this is an entire company culture issue or if I am just unlucky to placed on this team.

Pros

Unionized for most of the force

Contras

Who you know not what you know
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Remote workers on a distant island

As a remote entity supporting a major aerospace vendor, we have very little interaction with KBR management. So long as the customer is happy things keep moving along which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. There is always a collective fear that the contract will change hands or people will be let go once a project ends.

Good First Job

Good place to start, but not somewhere you want to stay long. There was good variety of projects and new things to get your feet wet in different areas of engineering. But after a few years the projects are mundane and don’t challenge you technically. You hit a plateau and don’t have much of a ceiling to grow. Management doesn’t do a good job at holding workers accountable and they play favorites so the same people get opportunities to progress and everyone else stays the same. They care more about burning contract money than keeping employees engaged and satisfied so there is often very little work to do as it is dispersed among way too many people. Also have to get outside offers to get any decent raises.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good team but uninspiring workplace

Team members are good and know their stuff. Always willing to upskill the next generation. Work opportunities are decent in the good times. Salary and benefits are pretty good. Progression in early stages is pretty good.Management are distant and very short-term thinking. Office environment can be cliquey, particularly post-COVID. Limited progression beyond a certain grade.

Great Place to work

Great place to work that looks after it's staff. Not perfect, nowhere is, but they care. a lot of us work on Projects so don't have much to do with head office but we are not forgotten.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Was a great place to work. Only reason I left was because gas got so high. Just couldn't make it work . People and all I worked with was great. Just couldn't make the commute

Pros

People

Contras

Needed more people in the department I worked in

Great Company

Be prepared to work hard, but R&Rs are great and good management. Hardest part is being away from family , most enjoyable part is working with are clients.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

High quality company with good atmosphere and organizational culture

A little on the micromanagement side, but I felt heard and valued because of the flexibility and interest my lead showed. Lots of company communication that I wasn't really invested in, but the information was good and I could have chosen to get more involved with many projects

Pros

Highly motivated leadership with lots of opportunities for engagement; reasonably priced benefits

Kbr iraq 2003 2007

A company that will take in someone who wants too learn n excell . Even if its a OJT job KBR gave a lot of unskilled people a chance . To work in Iraq n Afghanistan and learn from the older skilled tradesman .The ones who put forth the effort and listened did well n got skilled n paid good money. I enjoyed working for them even though we got mortared n some rockets n IEDs 24/7 n stayed in the bunkers quite a bit . But the upside was the r/r 2 weeks paid vacation every 4 months. Got to see Cypress ,Bulgaria ,Thailand , Vietnam, Kuwait ,Singapore ,Phillipines ,Dubai UAE . If I didn't work for them n go contracting I would never been able to go those wonder full places .

Pros

Excellant food

All good

No job security

Management - Upper management is terrible. They only care about the bottom line: lining their pockets with money. They hire tons of people and fire them at end of project.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Work hard and get rewarded

KBR appreciates its workers and provide opportunities to advance. The hours were long, but the compensation was commensurate to the job responsibilities. Leaders recognized potential, hard work, dedication and provided opportunities for advancement. I

Great Company

Great company Great People with a high emphasis on HSE and People. Fully resourced projects, no cutting corners. Great management. Lots of opportunities within the company.

Great fir first timer

The opportunity was great for my first time working abroad. I felt safe and secure because they took care of their employees to a certain extent but you also have to have common sense to take care of yourself as well. No one is out here to baby sit you.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

I have worked with kbr at 3 different sites in 3 different states. I love the company. Id love to work for them again

Great company. I worked for them in StPaul ,Virginia and Columbus Mississippi and Deerfield's Texas at a big power plant in north of Houston Texas. Always a great company to work for. No regrets
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en KBR. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general