Kenan Advantage Group

2,9Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 447 evaluaciones

I enjoy being employed by Kenan

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
A typical day at Kenan was enjoyable. You start your work day as early as you driver partner returns or as late 8am. We work together to get loads done with safety in place at all times transporting gas. I load regular, prem and diesel gas to local gasoline stations.

Pros

work your own schedule

pay

Not great

Job is high stress with no real support from management. They continue to dump more work on you even though they agree there is too much work assigned to a single person. On the same token, if you mess up on anything juggling that much work, you might just lose your job. No remote options available even though the job can be 100% done out of the office.

Ok

It's a relaxed place to work, the pay is low compared to other companies, don't expect a great pay raise, and don't expect to move up in the company .

You work hard

If you follow the company policy and do what you are supposed to do, you are a outcast. You are not valued there, the so called terminal manager does communicate with all drivers only her favorites and she only talks with them. You do not feel a part of the team you feel like a outcast and not wanted or valued. and if you turn to higher ups, they do absolutely nothing. I enjoyed what I did but the mistreatment by management is not tolerable.

Good work environment

Great place to work. Good managers and peers to work with. Company was easy to work with in helping manage my personal life. Did good with training and giving advancement with that training
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Meh meh meh

Boring as a job can get, no mobility whatsoever in th job to get anywhre. Managmnt dont care if you sick or you car break down...They in desperate need of change. Everyone complains 24 7 nonstop and nothing gets done to help dispatchers. Very long hours and you're lunch breaks aint real breaks. They finna lose more employees if they don't pay better and give more leniency for being sick. Also job could easily be done remotely so why we gotta come in every day..

Pros

Pay is ok

Contras

No real lunch break, long hours...

Do your research

As a revenue specialist, management does not have your back. Supervisor, although knowledgeable, is not made to be supervisor. Horrible soft skills. Be prepared for no communication, and expectation to run yourself into the ground. Pay is not adequate at all. Favoritism changes day to day. No planning. No structure. Horrible experience. Glad to be leaving soon.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

No better place to work.

I worked in recruiting for just under a year and you will not find a better team to work with. The managers and supervisors are all wonderful people. They actually care about you and want to see you succeed. It’s 8 to 5 Monday through Friday, the pay is pretty good and the job is very rewarding. You will not find a better company to work for. I would go back in a heart beat!!

Stay away

The pay when I worked there in 2019 wasn't very good only $15. You only get one half hour break which is lunch. You have a quota to hit for the number of documents you need to bill for the day. If you leave your desk to go to the bathroom management can see how long your taking and will tell you to keep billing. Supervisors play favorites. The benefits are terrible and your paycheck will only be smaller as a result. I would only recommend as a last resort.

Fun for awhile

I wanted to retire until new terminal manager arrived. Now time to look for something new. Micro manager. No communication unless it’s what the terminal manager wants. Trying to change what’s not broken.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good company to work with and I injoyed being a driver would still be working for them if I could.

Work nights and weekends which was fine but a lot of times was unnecessary cause of conditions. Company was fair and very good with benefits but behind other companies on pay. Work for them for three years only got a raise once, so sad. But they were getting better and management was willing to help make things better.

Frustrating and disorganized

If you are not completely self sufficient and able to function with no to little help from management or shop then this is not for you. As the business operates you belong nowhere and are treated as such. Yes you are paid every week but the pay period ends on Thursday so you work a full week and get paid for half of it. If you don't work the whole weekend your paycheck will suffer greatly. Most paychecks are only 3 loads out of the 5-6 loads pulled for the week.

Pros

Consistent work

Contras

Pay period is not the industry standard of Monday to Saturday.

Good Company

Good company to work for. Decent pay for loads. only thing I don't like is the rotating Schedule 5 days on 2 days off one week and then 5 days on 3 days off.

Very well paying position

This position pays extremely well but mainly because of the freight involved. We hauled strictly resins which are flammable and very sticky and hard to pump off.

Decent Employer, difficult scheduling

Strong culture once you make inroads to the group. Nice facilities and onsite accommodations, but some scheduling quirks. Quite a bit of learning as you go as position didn’t have a true training program when I started.

Na

Decent place to work. Pay should be increased & maintenance has a lot of room to grow. A lot of old outdated equipment & low pay compared to similar jobs in the area.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

The Good is connecting with the drivers.

Loved the drivers and the relationships you built with them. Loved my co workers.The management can use a lesson in treating people as they would like to be treated. People leave this company because of bad management not the job.

Pros

Co workers, building a relationship with the drivers

Management and working 12 hours on Sunday
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

KAG treats you very well, but...

The following review is for KAG Specialty Products Group out of Denver, CO.Kenan, I believe, tries hard to treat employees the way they would like to be treated. It was never a "drag" to come into work. One of the main problems I had was that there was no preventative maintenance plan for trucks returning to the terminal. No mechanic brought you in to go over possible problems you may be having. It is always fix them where/when they break down. And the trucks were ALWAYS breaking down. There were weeks at a time when there were no miles, just minimum pay. The good side of that is KAG has no problem taking care of you when you ARE broken down. You have a minimum weekly pay of around $1200. Not bad, but around half of what you get paid while on the road. On the bad side, you basically need to be an accountant by keeping track of every single run, mile and stop, write it down, then go over it with a fine tooth comb every pay period, which is bi-weekly. You WILL HAVE pay issues! You can't trust them to get you your correct pay. They will correct it, but it's up to you.

Pros

.73 cpm for every mile driven, $1200 minimum weekly pay, Paid hotel/car rental to get you home when broken down, No problem with personal time off or vacation whenever you need it

Contras

Trucks are ALWAYS breaking down (maybe 1-2 weeke every couple of months, No PM program - just scheduled maintenance, PAY ISSUES! You will have them and need to stay on top of each and every run.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Coming from bumping docks to just unloading is a breeze

This job is a excellent fit for someone who is a hustler. Who likes to work independently with no supervision. You also get the opportunity to go home every night.

Great family oriented business

They are really great about caring about their employee's on a personal level. You can work a 5 on 2 off schedule. This gives you 5 days off every other week.

Pros

Reduced lunch and great cafeteria. Involved in the community

Same as many places

Decent driving job

Work is easy enough and the company is supportive of their drivers. The pay and benefits package is one of the best in the transportation industry. The have high standards that they hold their drivers to.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Kenan Advantage Group. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general