Kohl's

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 24.761 evaluaciones

Buen ambiente de trabajo

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Es una empresa, que te da buenos beneficios, y los horarios son flexibles.

Pros

Te dan buenos descuentos

Trabajar fines de semana
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Not a bad stepping stone

I started out at Kohls with very little work experience, but thankfully the work was pretty easy. Not a terrible schedule, and was fairly easy to get time off when I needed it. I probably would have stayed with the company had I not relocated. My main and only complaint is that a lot of evenings were understaffed and there was just one person (me) on the floor at times. Other than that, I had fun working there, the job was simple enough, but still provided challenges at times so it wasn’t tedious.

Draining mentally and Physically

Over worked, under paid. Managers have horrible attitudes. Sometime you get a break sometime you don’t. I wouldn’t recommend this job and a first job.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Rewarding experience with intense atmosphere

Overall good place to work and grow your skills. Can potentially pigeon hole in your career with little to no movement up the ladder. Overall great experience
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Under paid and under equipped

Management actively plays favorites and will screw you over if you are not one of them. Overall it’s very frustrating, they are not that accommodating to employees. They will max out your availability despite being only part time one week or the next only schedule you once. If you ask to pick up hours one manger will tell you yes, another will hound you about payroll not being available for that. Often times the communication channel is not active between on the mangers and sales floor staff will get the lash back conséquences of that miscommunication. They actively will not take the time to train staff on certain areas, expecting floor employees—even if you are not a regular some departments—to train new hires. Then actively complain to other employees for their lack of training. Often on shifts you can end up being forced to be the only coverage in the whole back of the store or front at any given time. Despite those situations the pay does not match. Even if you do end up being cross trained all over the store the pay you receive does not match up to your knowledge or shift requirements. I’d have to say the only highlight so far with working in this company is the fact I have made friends with a small amount of my fellow coworkers that extends outside of the store setting.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Fast and fun

Fast paced but lot of fun. Typical retail environment. Very customer service focused. Competitive pay and benefits packages make it all worth it. Great team
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

I enjoyed working at kohls I started as a seasonal employee and stayed for 10 years

I worked at kohl's for 10 years. I retired and got to keep my employee discount for life. I feel it was worth it!I worked at Customer Service some and it can be stressful due to customer complaints.

Pros

I was part time and kohl's worked around my full time job schedule

Pay could be higher
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Dont work here if seasonal

Wasn’t properly trained so I was sent to random departments to literally just sit and reorganize any already organized setup.. The current employees were like a clique and treated us seasonal people like trash on the floor...

fun

i enjoy my coworkers a lot, though management could use some work. it's a fun place for a first job, as it was mine. i didn't get as many hours as i hoped but im hoping that will change
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Overall, my experience at Kohls efc was a great one

Most of the people I got to work with were incredibly supportive and friendly (especially management), it really felt like one big work family. I enjoyed my time with the different teams I got to work with and really felt as though what I did mattered. No feeling like just another gear in the machine here. At least that was my experience.

Pros

Excellent benefits, fair wages and clear, respectful communication between management and employees.

Contras

I'm sure some people might have some, but at least for me, this was one of the best places I ever worked at.

Pretty okay

This job will do you great in high school, otherwise the pay is not worth it. The team is friendly and encouraging! Dealing with customers is a mixed bag but it is worth toughing out.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Productive and fun work day

Everyone at Kohls was very friendly and extremely helpful. Great place to work. I loved working in customer service. I love helping people and getting to know them. Would work here again.

Very stressing

Very stressful place to work, managers play favorites. They dont let you know whats expected of you then proceed to talk down to you. When something isnt done correctly or your place merchandise in the wrong spot even tho similar items are there.

Pros

Employee discount

Stress, insults
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Management was very available for all aspects on the job sight. Very courteous and professional. Room for advancement and hands on training. Fast paced and customer interaction made for a great day.........

Understaffed and underpaid

You were expected to cover multiple different departments of the store by yourself if there wasn’t enough staffing. Super high turnover rate, hardly any raises. Only pro is that your coworkers are nice.

Under paid/over worked

How can you efficiently run a store with 2 people on the floor not including the manager on duty. Severely understaffed and they can absolutely afford to pay more.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Don't think about a career here

I worked at kohls for 8 years. I started as a regular part time sales associate. And worked my way up to shift supervisor/key holder. My manager was very great she encouraged me to try to step into the assistant managers program. Kohl's stores suffer when there is no funding. the store was nothing but a place to beg people to sign up for the store credit cards. when i started there they would literally give us 4-10 hours a week. this job is literally only for kids. between the rude customers and the endless promises on growth. I quit!!

Pros

Free lunches

Poor Ethics

During my time as an Asset Protection Supervisor at Kohl's, it was clear that the job was numbers-driven. My manager at the time was putting a lot of pressure on other APAs to the point where they were making bad stops. Overall, the benefits were terrible and while I loved the store staff, the AP department was lacking in morals and ethics. Egotistical personalities.

Pros

Flexible Job

Contras

Other APAs will take credit for your work, poor ethics, no accountability for upper management.

Love The Place

The People in management and co workers are laid back , their schedules are very flexible. Its a Great Place to work, only con would be the pay. I wish Good Jobs like these had better pay.

Pros

Great people, Job keeps you busy, No Drama

low pay

Good 1st Job! Loved it.

Kohls was my very 1st job and to say the least, I LOVED it. Management was great, I only left because the pay isn't good and they scheduled me 1 day a week. I had asked multiple times for more hours but manager said unfortunately kohls doesn't have many hours to offer. I would've stayed if they scheduled more and pay was better. They make you do recovery, freight, answer phone calls in the department they put you in, cash register if they're short-staffed or had call offs. If you get bored, I always cleaned out fitting rooms. It's pretty easy work but pay is just terrible.

Pros

Helping customers, enjoy what I do

Contras

Short breaks, pay is too low for what you do

Friendly work atmosphere

Love the job but not enough hours to earn decent wages. Other workers are great to work with but others get additional hours. Enjoy meeting and chatting with customers
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Kohl's. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3,6 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Kohl's
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?