Linamar

2,9Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 491 evaluaciones

Buen lugar de aprendizaje y oportunidad de crecimiento laboral.

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Es un buen lugar para trabajar, tienen transporte y comedor. El trabajo es sencillo y es un buen ambiente laboral.

Pros

transporte, comedor

Contras

Algunas actividades requieren mas tiempo del establecido y no te tomas ese tiempo en cuenta.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good work place, but terrible management

It's not a bad job, just horrible management. Mandatory weekends and full of fake promises of yearly raises and promotions. Would never recommend it.

Learning Place for Fresh

Good place for new grads to approach the manufacturing setting and learn practical various technologies.Each plant may have different management and benefits.

Pros

Lot things to learn

Underpaid

Not Good

Linamar has a high turnover rate and management thinks it is because people are lazy and don't want to work. Actually, it is because management likes to hoard money and they do quick fixes to old machines to try to fix them and so the machines always goes down and we can't get the parts out. Then we get told that we will work overtime once again cause we didn't meet the quota. I stepped us as Line setup without the pay so we wouldn't be there all the time. I wasn't appreciated and I was overworked. Linamar will overwork you and you can forget about a family/life balance. HR are very oblivious to what goes on and being at Linamar longterm is basically 2 years, regardless of department and that's how bad it is. Once you leave, even on good terms, you are on the no contact list cause they fear that someone will sell company secrets is my guess. Lol. I spent 2 years there and glad I got out. They overwork the good workers and they treat everyone like garbage, even openly in meetings. Morale was always low, glad I moved on to a company that cares. I used to work 7 days there constantly to help them and it was all for nothing cause they never appreciated it.

Pros

Good benefits

20 minute lunch, short breaks, toxic environment
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Tough hours, dirty job, poor lead hands, and poor supervisors

Had to wash my clothes at a laundry mat. Boots fell apart in less than a year. With costs today I can only imagine it's much worse to survive working at Linamar, than 8 years ago. Ultimate blame ALWAYS landed on the line workers. They need you to work overtime is not a general request. And the PPE is very cheap. Worked there 4 years with Mental Illness, it was not an appropriate atmosphere.

To many
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

not a bad place - wages could be better

Honestly not a bad place to work. The top rates set out by corporate are very outdated for the times. The centre specifically is a very clean and futuristic building and has a really nice build room for large automation projects

Work you like a dog

This is the first job I've ever had that I absolutely hate. Do yourself a favor and run from Linamar. The turnover is out of control. Half of the workers are temps. Half of the managers are from corporate on temporary assignments.

Pros

Lots of work hours

Contras

Required overtime, awful work conditions, poor job training, poor morale.

Environnement intéressant et formateur

Environnement intéressant et formateur. Rémunération basée sur la convention collective. Ambiance pouvant être pesante (contexte économique défavorable, relations interpersonnelles tendues).
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

A good company to learn but you need to make extra hours to grow

Very interesting technicallya good school to learn every day !you need to work a lot if you want to growThe balance work/family is badSalary is low and bonus as well despite the good results of the company
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Linamar is a great place to work!

Basically anyone who says something negative about Linamar, it’s either because they want to do little to no work but still get paid, or they never held a job before and doesn’t know what hard work really is.

Not sustainable long term

Benefits kick off after two years and wages are the lowest in the market. Lots of rotating personnel and senior employees take advantage of the new guys.Long hours, constantly changing schedules. I ended up leaving because I was starting to get health issues due to exhaustion and lack of sleep. They were resistant to negotiate a different schedule.

Pros

Quick hiring process

Everything else

Productive place to work

Productive place to work and meet good people lots of experienced tradesman to learn all kinds of machinery and skills to develop. Most of the management is friendly however any place you work at is going to have some bad seeds

Total garbage

Management are bunch of clowns and they have no idea how to treat people or run a quality business. This company is hot steaming garbage do not apply here!
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

High paced environment. Hot environment.

Hot, stressful. Management wants everything , fast, cheap and right which is okay accept. The resources are not in place. Substandard equipment, poorly trained and undereducated employees are common failure modes. Repetitive failure is a daily occurrence. As a result, lies and cons become a daily practice. Consequently the service departments bare the burden.

Pros

Easy to get a job there. 50% of employees love it.

Contras

pay is below industry average. High turnover. Some middle management very unprofessional.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Fast paced with an opportunity to learn a ton if you have a go getter mindset

Completed millwright apprenticeship at this company. Many bash linamar but I find I am a much more well rounded mechanic from working there. You get to see everything and anything. Keep you busy so shifts go by fast. Mostly optional OT. Seem to be compensating employees better and better lately.

Good working environment

Supportive supervisors and opportunities to learn and grow.Good timing schedules, fast-paced environment.Learnt a good technical knowledge and testing with gauges.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Production is number one priority.

Need to be ready for shift rotation. NO vacation for the first year, period. After one year working then you have 2 weeks vacation. Your hourly pay do not transparent, working on same job but your coworkers may have pay more or less than you.

Pros

Friendly coworkers

Contras

Paid under average. No transparent pay scale.

To start a job ok but get out in 3-4 years max

No culture Nobody has a sense of belonging.People are not treated well at allIts really not worth talking about that place. Unfortunately to much talk of change but really nothing happening for years
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It's like any other plant

Bringing people in with no knowledge about machinery or manufacturing environments and paying them more then the people that have stuck with company through it all and then having them train them to do the job knowing they are making more then them. Promotions are not giving because of knowledge or ability they are giving to whoever is the favorite. Hurry up we need parts but we're not going to give you the tools or fix the machines for you to achieve the goals,then make you work mandatory weekends because they are behind. The health benefits are the only upside to working at linamar. The atmosphere of the company is basically high school. You gotta be part of the in crowd or you will go no where and have people constantly talk down to you.

Mehh

Not the best but not the worst. I wouldn’t recommend it but if I needed a job I would work there and search for another day and prepare myself not to be there.

Horrible place to work

No matter how much you learn and how good you're at you job and if you never miss a day you can't advance in the company because the management will hire their family members who hardly even speak English but since they're family members they won't even give you a chance even though you been there for years and have more knowledge of all the machine and they don't
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Linamar. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3,0 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Linamar
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?