Longhorn Steakhouse
3.9 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Longhorn Steakhouse

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 3,107 evaluaciones

Alimentacion cubierta al 100%

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Un dia normal era registrar comprobantes de compra, pagos y emitir cheques segun la programacion de la semana anterior. Fue uno de mis primeros trabajos en el cual aprendi a llenar un titulo valor, realizar una conciliacion bancaria y a realizar una programacion de pagos previa coordinacion con el gerente.

Pros

ALIMENTACION CUBIERTA AL 100%

AMBIENTE DE TRABAJO ESTRECHO
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Management was horrible and overworked u alot

felt like everyone was against u at the job and a lot of favoritsm . Was promised a lot of benefits and sadly did not get them . Everyone is as overworked and often had to do other people’s jobs with theres

Pros

Free lunch and occasional good tips

No breaks at all
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Hard work and a lot of hours but good management and fun at times. Not a lot of room for career growth a lot of veterans in line.

Hard work and a lot of hours but good management and fun at times. Not a lot of room for career growth a lot of veterans in lines 50hr minimum and longhorn is a more labor intensive management job.

Love my job

It’s a great place to work with lots of benefits and flexible scheduling. Understanding management and amazing guest. I make a really good living and don’t have to work a lot of hours.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great working environment! Management is amazing and they work with your schedule!

Love working for longhorn steakhouse! Managers are all supportive and good at what they do! If you have any schedule conflicts they try and help get it covered. If you have sick kids or are sick yourself they tell you to get better not get a doctor's note.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Toxic work environment. The managers are overworked. Little paid time off. Long hours.

I was salary so I was overworked. Only 2 days closed a year, you have to work up the rankings to get weekends off. I moved to a busier location and I was forced to work 70 hours a week, making my salary worth less.

Pros

Free food

Contras

No breaks, a lot of employee drama, and a manager was always upset. Toxic work environment
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Terrible management, rude, condescending, arrogant manager

Terrible management Terrible management, rude, condescending, arrogant managerThe tips are decent if you can handle the toxic management and constant negativity
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It's a great place to work

It's fun and fair it's a restaurant job there all the same you have the good and the bad but I worked for this company for a long time garden gives good coup ns and lots of deals at stores for childcare and all sorts of stuff like cruises and outlet stores I enjoyed working here
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Overall, a great company to work for with several job options and room for advancement.

As far as a serving job goes, Longhorn is hard to beat. When you take into consideration the price point, typically prime locations and the branding/marketing, LH offers a great employment opportunity for full or part time work.

Pros

Consistent flow of business, Competitive pay/tip average, Good management, MANY perks including food and shopping discounts.

Contras

Can be hard to keep a full staff resulting in working more hours than desired, Will accommodate large parties which can cause delays in the flow of the rest of the restaurant.

Fast paced environment

Great place to work! Need to be able to be fast on your feet! Fast paced environment with lots of room for growing with the company! Flexible schedules!
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It all depends on the management/coworkers

This was my first job, and I have quickly learned the difference between a happy job and a miserable one is the people who you are surrounded with on a daily basis. Basically, if your managers and coworkers are a-holes you will be miserable. I have one manager who basically yelled at me a couple of weeks ago, and I have multiple servers who have gotten nasty with me. As a host, you are responsible for 3 jobs in one, hosting, rolling silverware, and bussing tables. Fridays and weekends are often the only times it gets busy, but when it gets busy it gets BUSY, and we often have to stop taking names hours before closing. Of course, I've had terrible customers come in and scream at me, but a lot of my complaints about working here can translate into any restaurant job. If you are young like me with no experience, then we basically have to endure a sucky job until we can get something better, and this job is definitely that for me. The second I can find something better, I will. I would recommend Longhorn for someone who is just starting out because it is honestly not a hard job to learn. What makes it hard is being understaffed, having rude coworkers and entitled servers, and of course bad management. If you know your worth, don't work at a restaurant period.

Pros

Depending on management, free food (otherwise discounted food)

Management, understaffed

Quickly Declining/Bad Management

I worked there for 3 months. Many times I was forced into a position that I have no experience in and on top of that I had to learn my job without training. Never did I have a trainer, a coworker that didn’t speak English was trying to help but that is impossible when you don’t have even second to think. The pay is very low for all that you have to do because you’ll end up doing 2/3/4 peoples other jobs on top of yours.

Pros

Free food

No breaks/overworked/weak pay/lazy managers
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good culture at work, more regulations need to be followed

I hate working here but I need the money so I'm staying here until I can get a car and a better job. I like the vibe and communication levels here but it is very stressful, mentally draining and unorganized.

Pros

Good coworkers, great communication

Contras

No breaks, too much serving staff, not enough cooks
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good company to work for

The service industry right now as most of us know is rough; we're short staffed and overworked. I'm lucky enough to work for a team that actually cares about their employees, I feel like they see me as a person rather than someone making their company money, so that's nice. You have good days and bad days but overall the money is good

Pros

Tips Fun coworkers

Customers are mean
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Longhorn had its days were the job seemed dreadful. Though the people you hire and surround yourself with make the difference.

I enjoyed my time at longhorn as a team member and promoted to manager. It was time for me to move on and challenge myself in a new career field. The people you work with become family.

Pros

Food. Learning to cook and understanding business jargon.

Contras

Schedules. Not reliable staffing. Work life balance. Working longer to cover business rush.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

good to work at if you’re willing to work very long days

management is good expect for a couple managers. you will get the cold shoulder from certain managers if you’re not working 10 hour days. employees are also very cliquey.

Garbage restaurant/corporate

terrible culture , they like employees that are rats , they dont like employees that are smarter then them on how to handle the job without stress and positive energy for the enviorment , they promise you free hamburger or chicken sandwich for kitchen staff since they make next to nothing, you have to get lucky it depends on what manager feels like giving you a meal or not .Not consistant , nobody at the end of the day likes anyone , i am currently a server at a restaurant and after being at Longhorn i forgot how wonderful it truly is to be in a positive enviorment where everyone is family .I recommend to stay away from this place they are a garbage restaurant , i mean corporate says it all doesent it?

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Expect abuse constantly from customers... but the pay is okay.

I have worked with this company for almost three years now. They are flexible with my schedule due to school and I love the pay usually. As with all serving jobs it isn't the same amount every day but I do well enough to support myself and have a little left over. However, this job makes me feel physically sick. I hate walking into that building and I feel the life drained from me. The coworkers are okay it is the managers that are the problem. They will let customers walk all over you and give them free things while saying it was your fault over things you had no control over (steaks cooked incorrectly, running out of a certain item, the ac blowing above them). The managers will let you be constantly abused.The only reason I am staying with this job is because as a college student it covers my needs and I know the menu so well I could recite it in my sleep.

Pros

Flexible schedules and chances to move up.

Contras

No breaks, no set shift end times, no shift meal, managers will not stick up for you.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It was a great company to work for, We all look good together, we all look bad together, teamwork was awesome!

I have worked from bussing tables in small restaurant , to top executive operations corporate manger in top companies. Longhorn was definitely the job I enjoyed the most. Maybe it was my coworkers, The managers, or the environment and the energy but definitely a great company to work for. Good times I actually looked forward to going to work.

Pros

Everything is fresh. Anything not used is donated, Darwin Dimes, The work set up

Contras

There aren’t enough restaurants yet
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

You will work your butt off.

Started before the recent Pandemic and it was OK. As the pandemic went on it proceeded to go down hill, as with most hospitality jobs. Asked for more money after a year and a half and was told to wait several months; nothing could be done.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Okay place to start off.

I’ve asked to move up to server multiple times and they’ll hire other people before they move you up. You split your tips with whoever is working with you. The area I work people tip poorly. You’ll get a lot of people who come regularly who don’t tip at all. There’s no set training system. They’ll assign you a shift by yourself 3 days in. Workload wise, things could go smoothly depending on the work ethic of your co-workers. From experience, some can be lazy others can be hard working. The lazy ones make your job 10x harder when you have to do side work. Management wise at my location are very professional, respectful and understanding…sometimes, depending on who you’re dealing with. You will be hungry during your shift so make sure you eat something prior. Some managers will allow you to eat food during your shift others don’t. All depends who you’re working with management wise.

Pros

Free food

Contras

No breaks, No PTO, Little to no career advancement opportunities.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Longhorn Steakhouse. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3.7Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Longhorn Steakhouse
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?