Macy's
3.6 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Macy's

3.5Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 35,966 evaluaciones

No hay cooperación ni buena comunicación con la gerencia. Mas de un supervisor y diferentes instrucciones

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Ambiente laboral desfavorable. No hay una comunicacion eficiente con la gerencia ni hubo una buena disposición de su parte para hacerme sentir parte del equipo. Mi experiencia fue muy frustrante. Trabaje un turno extra con el gerente de otro departamento distinto al mio. Me dijeron estaba autorizada. Ponche mi turno y luego no me pagaron esas horas. Lo reclame y supuestamente lo arreglarian lo q nunca hicieron. Me desanime muchisimo. Ademas tenia q estar pidiendo turno porque era empleada por temporada. No me lo dijeron cuando me contrataron.

Pros

Si hay descansos y el area es muy comoda

Very unprofessional

People here are very unprofessional. I loved my managers but the workers are horrible. They hit on young girls and there’s no actions taken against them. Covid policies are not taken seriously. It’s a very unorganized and unprofessional work place. I would not recommend this place to a young female, it just isn’t safe.

Contras

Short breaks, they don’t tell you all the rules

customer service, be polite

good job you will be standing most of the time, because that is retail however, i did enjoy being able to help people find things and talking to tourist

Easy to move up

It was fairly easy to move up in the production team that opens the clothes all day. Managers are appreciative of your work. Employees take lunch breaks together.

Great for part time!

Macy's provides benefits even for part time employees. Flexible schedules, employee discounts and opportunities to advance make this a great place to work!

Pros

Flexible schedules, benefits, employee discounts

Contras

Can be hectic around holidays
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

They are extremely under staffed and put all the work on a third of the staff

This store in particular is very understaffed and people are not being paid enough for the amount of work they have to do. People are nice but the company doesn’t care for their employees.

Pros

Coworkers are nice

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Productive and fun place with ping pong table

Challenging and rewarding. Good people to work with. Nice facility. Tenured managers. Lots of parking. Nice pond to enjoy when on break. Multiple shifts.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good

Enjoy this job . Weekly pay , coworkers are helpful. The manager is great. Everyone works together and help each other out when help is needed no problems . Customers can a put annoying sometimes and we would have breaks and parties during the holidays. We can pick up shifts and switch or drop some when we aren’t feeling well.

Pros

Pick your own schedule, weekly pay

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Close proximity to home. Flexible work schedule.

Great place to work part time. Worked there only part time in different locations. New Jersey as well as Alpharetta GA. Enjoyed working in Fine Jewelry and the manager and sales people were all great. I wouldn’t hesitate to reapply at any time during the year, assuming their pay rate has increased for sales associates.

Pros

Benefits on product.

Low pay rate.

I enjoyed it

I did enjoy working for Macy's because of the position I was in, the co-workers I met, and the flexibility I had. I did see how a lot of people were burned out, but that's retail. You generally do a lot and can be pulled in several directions especially if you work on the sales floor because of the expectations and goals that needed to be met. However, in my position, I was considered an expert, no one could really tell me how to do my job and came to me often for information which gave me more flexibility and less expectations from others because my own expectations of myself were higher than theirs.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great retail store in a struggling industry

My managers work really hard to ensure that we have what we need to do our jobs properly as well as good PPE. I am really grateful for all of the precautions they take for us.

Pros

Benefits, management, coworkers.

Contras

The customers seem to be getting ruder

Horrible and rude Managers

Managers are horrible and disrespectful to other employees. They are rude and do not care how much hard work you do.They do not respect the employees at all and pay scale very low . They exploit employees, they expect hourly paid employees to work like full-time employees and even then do not respect them.

Pros

Learn something new everyday, co workers are nice.

Contras

Extra work without any extra pay .

Productive and fun

Everyone is nice and very thoughtful. Always encouraging and family like environment. Never a boring moment and always entertaining. We work as a team

Pros

Work at your own pace, get lunch break at your own time

Contras

Not enough people to help translate when someone speaks spanish
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Very fun place to work at!

I loved it just some management issues. I would have loved to stay longer but it was a seasonal gig and didn’t go any further than seasonal. But overall LOVED IT!
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Flexible with scheduling but no manager support

Long days and a lot of time spent on the registers. Store is always a mess. There is no sense of order. Customers constantly complain about items not ringing properly (because the floor is such a mess). It gets irritating. Managers don’t do a good job delegating tasks. Their lack of support/presence is shocking. Most of the employees are lazy which is why the store looks like the way that it does. It’s just a mess. The only great thing about working here is the flexible scheduling and ability to pick up additional shifts. There are also a handful of kind, productive employees. But other than that it’s not a great place to work, especially at this location.

Pros

Work independently most of the time, flexible schedule

Contras

Lack of manager presence, disorganized store

Decent benefits, minimal compensation

Not as highly paid as I would like. However, great management and opportunity for growth with correct training and hours. Could be a good gig for some people.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good place to work until Corporate gets involved

You could be the best in your field but if corporate don't like you ,you will get fired for a ridiculous reason by someone in another state. Not even a local person.

Pros

Decent benefits

Contras

The store director isn't the person in charge...its always corporate
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

it's ok if you need change on the side, but not if you have bills to pay

yeahhhhh don't work here unless it's a last resort and you need money asap. I was here briefly and it was literally the worst, high turnover rate cause no one wants to work here for pennies and yet management doesn't understand why people don't want to work. Truly baffling.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

too many managers different orders

Worked hard but not enough pay. no room or opportunities for growth in the company. too many managers different orders no communication. Said they will work with schedule but don't

Pros

n/a

n/a

Terrible management

Management was always all over the place never actually did their job and was never available when you actually needed themThey’re incredibly understaffed so they’ve implemented an “all hands on deck” policy which basically means if any department needs help you’ll definitely be forced to leave yours and go help them even if your department needs the most help don’t apply if you value your sanity

Pros

Most of the coworkers are fun to work with

Literally everything else sucks

I enjoyed my job!

I enjoyed working at Macys. I was able to share my knowledge with others but more importantly, I learned a lot from them as well. It was definitely an eye-opening experience that I am very grateful for.

Work/life balance
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Macy's. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3.5Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Macy's
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?