Maggiano's Little Italy

3,6Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 859 evaluaciones

Ayuda como un segundo trabajo

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Es buen trabajo pero no es algo estable ya que depende de Los eventos y es de temporada, es muy bueno como un segundo trabajo o un part time y puedes organizar tu horario poniéndote deacuerdo con los demás compañeros
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Some team members are nice to work with- management sucks

Management isn’t flexible, they lie, and they try to gaslight you into picking shifts up or releasing your shifts. Manager told me I would be able to switch over to serving, never happened, told me I would be able to maitre d, never happened. Told me I would get tipped out, never happened, told me I would get a raise- and then told me it went through - and it never did.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It was a good environment

It has good management for the most part. They are flexible so it is a plus, but they do overwork you sometimes. Half of the management I do trust but the other half I feel like don’t listen to what I have to say or don’t take me seriously

Pros

Flexibility

Contras

Work environment isn’t always good
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Las Vegas location management gaslights their employees.

Horrible workplace culture. No clear communication with expectations and then claims that your work performance lacks. Stressful environment and overall demeaning treatment.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Happy place to be if you enjoy creating memorable moments for guests who are celebrating anniversary, birthdays etc…

Good place to serve tables. Earning potential is $200-$300 a shift depending on your section and ability to sell. Plenty of support from management, front of house (or FOH) and back of house (or BOH). Schedule is “PBS” (Performance based schedule). Which means you can start getting closing shifts 4 or 5 nights a week pretty quickly if you apply yourself. Restaurant uses hotschedules which makes it easy to view your schedule at any time using the app, release shifts if you want/need days off, or pick up shifts if you want/need more money. Overall I would definitely work here again. About $700-$1000 a week is what you can expect if you’re an average or above average server/ employee. I should mention that Maggianos does not have bussers and this can be a little difficult at first. On the plus side you don’t have to tip an extra $30+++ every shift you work.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

One of the better restaurants to work at

Maggianos has lots of departments to pick and choose from. I enjoyed having multiple roles (banquets, deliveries, and carry out) however the hours were never guaranteed, and you will typically work every single weekend. One problem I had was the hours being cut drastically. They do have lots of opportunities for growth and different departments. The team was fun, management was friendly and they cared however could be a little stressed at times which in turn made everyone else stressed.

Pros

Free/discounted food, tips can be really high at times

Contras

Short Breaks, Long Hours, No set schedule, can get very stressful at times and kitchen usually not prepared to handle popularity
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Horrible place to work for in Jacksonville, FL. Horrible management and environment.

The chef in charge was horrible as well as the pastry chef. They don't care about anyones personal life and only care about making it through peak seasons. I was yelled at and degraded. Worse job of my life. Not worth the money nor the time. Eventually, because I didn't perform well I was "tricked" out of a job. Only go here if you like toxic environments and drama.

Pros

free lunch

Horrible leadership/management

not so great honestly

jobs are what you make of them, but sometimes giving 100% doesn’t pay off in the slightest. guests aren’t great tippers particularly in the banquet. no one in management seemed to even care that banquet servers weren’t being tipped at all and failed to let guests know that gratuity wasn’t included despite efforts from us. hours kind of suck as well and they tend to hire out for positions instead of promoting from within.

Great Place to Work

Had a great time serving for Maggiano's. They train very well and give new employees a warm welcome. Communication was a little off, but overall, I would recommend this job to anyone looking to serve as the pay makes up for the stressful nights.

Pros

Pay, Team-enviroment

Contras

No breaks, Management could be better

Good short term job

My experience at Maggianos started off good and then got pretty bad. Training is short and you make money right away. Coworkers were diverse but some were very mean I'm guessing because it was a range of ages and backgrounds. Most of the guests who came in were very nice but you had to wait on a lot of people to make money. I thought I had job stability and four out of five of the managers were easy to get along with but the fifth manager often misscheduled me, underscheduled me then overscheduled me and often yelled at the staff. He was a nightmare to deal with and was the reason I had to leave. The pay was pretty good but not great. Advancement is based off tenure not performance which is unfair to experienced staff who join the team. Favoritism was pretty bad there too. The food is good. The restaurant is pretty. We often got to eat on the job or enjoyed a 50% discount at the end of our shift. I took the job to transfer to another city. Unfortunately that plan fell through when the mean manager kept giving me problems. I reported him to HR.

Pros

Fast training, good pay, ability to transfer within the company, shift meals

Contras

Hit or miss management, job was seasonally good, some long hrs.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Ok serving job during covid

It was okay. Tips were inconsistent. Some days you would walk away with hundreds some days 50. Management had clear favorites and sometimes their expectations were too high.

Disorganized

Managers are not really present and even when you ask for direction no one provides it or even pays attention to you. For banquet servers there is no actually training.

Pros

Good hourly

Bad work environment, disorganized
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

great teammates and fast paced

everyone is very welcoming and helpful within the workplace It can get busy and stressful but you just have learn how to keep up in a fast paced environment. Pay is good depending how much you work
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Really tight knit family atmosphere

I really like working here, sure there are challenges. Those will occur everywhere. What Maggiano’s does have is a team lead culture of belonging and family. The more senior staff are welcoming and very inclusive. Also there is a fantastic mix of people (age wise and culture wise), and there is a real allowance of individuality. There are service standards but you can blend those into your own personality.

The Management crew is awesome

Very friendly environment, very safe place to work, a Busy place, the team in Chicago Clark is the best to work. They are very carefully whit Recipes and Working standards. Great place to work, The Employee Christmas Party is Awesome.

Pros

Free Lunch, bonus, excellent.

Contras

Parking for employees is difficult.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good hours, great team, respectful place to work.

Working next to a mall and multiple offices always meant there was almost never a slow time. Good pay and tips with full support from the entire staff. Good employee discount as well and benefits offered.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Started out great, then turned for the worst

Maggiano’s was a great company when I first started working there back in 2013. The managers were very supportive and the culture and morals at the time made working there feel like working with family. 50% off meals. Team meetings before each shift where you get to try the new specials. Customers can be difficult and entitled, but you had the support to confidently do your job as a good server and resolve any guest issues. On the bright side you will get sales experience as they really pushed selling specials at the time(you HAD to tell every table about them as management would come by and check sometimes), but if you don’t like that type of pressure it can make working there difficult. About a year later, some great managers left the company and the change was deeply felt. Company culture changed, employees no longer appreciated, management all about numbers and new pompous chef could care less about taking care of guests. Hopefully it’s better now, but I wouldn’t go back.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Fun place to work. Supportive management.

I’ve enjoyed the past year there. A lot of support from the management team. They actually listen to the staff and are open to suggestions. They respect their staff. Good clientele as well. Good business for a bartender.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Overall hard work does not pay off

This company will suck you dry and shows no recognition for hard work. As a manager expect to do the work of 5 employees while executives benefit from your hard work while giving no recognition.

Fun and relaxed environment

Typically very easy and relaxed, lots of support and help from managers, some drama but easy to stay out of, managers that really feel like family and care about you, and lots of lessons in patience and social skills hahaha. Fun to joke with coworkers about bad experiences with guests :)

Pros

Discounted food and freedom to do what you want if you're trusted

Contras

Stressful when busy, guests are rude

Awful and corrupt management

Don't get me wrong, the people you work with are great! It really feels like a family. But new management has been absolutely terrible. I'd been working there for 2+ years and within 1 month of new management everything kind of crumbled to the ground. They hired people who weren't about team play, or just overall incompetent. None of the veteran servers/employees are there anymore and that says something. Management holds different standards and different expectations for different people. They WILL penalize you for something, while not penalizing anyone else doing the same thing (or worse things). Its an unfair work environment, and you can really tell all management cares about is filling their pockets with money. I get that's capitalism at its core, but at least be a little subtle about it...
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Maggiano's Little Italy. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3,7 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Maggiano's Little Italy
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?