Marcum LLP

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 63 evaluaciones

En general buen ambiente

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
En general buen ambiente, espiritu de equipo y colaboracion entre pares.

Good People Bad Management

Most of the workers and employees I regularly encountered were fantastic, but the upper management/partners don't really care about people in that "we're business not charity" kind of way. Yeah, you have a bottom line, but treat people like human beings that aren't beneath you.

Healthy work environment

Love working here, everyone is always so helpful and understanding. The pay and benefits are great and I love how this firm allows you to have a work-life balance
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Bad management and poor work life balance

The work life balance here is very poor. Turnover is high and partners expect supervisors and managers to pick up the work of the staff and seniors for all of their engagements. I kept being told that it was going to get better but I kept getting failed promises.

Pros

Good clients and advancement

Contras

Bad management, back stabbing, poor work life balance.

Toxic Culture and demands

Expects you to work as a full-time associate with strict guidelines. Demands 100% billable time everyday and no overtime allowed. HR overseas all the interns and is extremely passive aggressive. Will taunt you for every little hour yet not responsive with help. Requests 65-70 hours for full time staff nowadays.

Work hours, expectations, Hr
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Senior Tax Accountant at NYC office

Professional environment. Culture in NYC tends to be work hard and long. But they do recognize work. So if you want to grow and don't mind working hard and long this is your place. If want more work life balance this may not be the right place for you.

Pros

Growth oriented company, so if you work hard you can definitely grow. Decent benefits. And a professional office.

Contras

Busy season is very intense and people can be edgy, Not a good place to work if seeking work-life balance, work usually takes priority over life, Tight budgets so need to be careful with your time.

Busy During Tax Season, but Manageable

Tax season was hectic, that much I will say. However, if you can look past the chaos,working their was great. The office itself was newly refurbished. The coworkers and managers were friendly and got to understand everyone on a personal level.

Pros

Free Lunches during tax season
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

they are very flexible but communication is poor

management doesn't communicate much, it is hard to know if you are meeting expectations. They let go of people immediately, not much job security it is very overwhelming the volume of people they lay off.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Blood pressure raising worst job

Poor or no training. You’re on your own.Extremely long hours. No or low raises. They only reward the accountants. Very high staff turnover. They can’t keep people. No teamwork. No respect for administrative staff. They think you press a button. Some are hateful. Lots of mean girls. Discrimination. Harassment. No gratitude They lie and gaslight you. Watch your back at all times.

Pros

Some very intelligent people

Abusive angry bullies
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

The WORST (unless you’re an equity partner)

My advice…. RESEARCH very thoroughly the history of your office you’ll be working in…. And get it in writing! In my case….many promises were made prior to my starting, and when I actually got there…. Completely different, and not in a good way.

Pros

Salary was adequate

Overall culture is NON EXISTENT and VERY IMPERSONAL and unpleasant

Lots of Hours

This is a typical public accounting firm, very long hours for average pay with the hope of advancing your career. There are definitely better places to start your career.

Pros

Free Diner

Long Hours

80s Style and Full of Reptiles

Extremely grateful this was not my first job. During the height of the Pandemic- HR sent out a form to every employee where they had to agree to return to the office full time or risk becoming a part-time employee. I personally witnessed folks walking around the office without a mask on.

Pros

Bottled water was only 1 dollar

Health Insurance is 250% higher premium than Big 4

Public accounting firm

Work was typical for a public accounting firm. Very busy during busy season working numerous hours. Benefits okay. Culture dependent on individual office.

Pros

Free meals during busy season

Long busy season
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

long long busy season hours

long busy season hours, scheduling always putting more work on your plate even though your schedule is full, tell you work/life balance is important but don't practice it
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Not good for niche areas of tax

I was hired for a niche area of tax which is closer to management consulting. The group was underdeveloped but I was hired specifically to do that niche area of tax, with the expectation that I would dip my toes into other areas of tax. It turns out the role was truly the other way around. I was expected to do individual tax returns (where I had no experience but was willing to learn). I asked the staffing group for work and someone to train me, but my requests went ignored up until the day I got fired for low billable hours. Probably decent if you're into doing things like individual tax returns, but I would not recommend this as a place to grow and learn.

Management, staffing
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Very intense, high stress, no room for growth. Direct report is a nightmare to work for.

I suggest not working here unless you want to be a bonified secretary for life. It is NOT an administrative assistant job. Its a secretary. Your direct report will never be satisfied and their turnover in that position speaks for itself.

Pros

Free lunch when boss orders in.

see above

The people are exceptional

- Great leadership from CEO to Managing Partner - Growth potential, many locations- Business is growing- CEO is a smart business person - Enjoyable culture
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Very fun but a lot of work

Very fun place to work. They have amazing people working there with a lot of knowledge. You will definitely stay busy during busy season. Non-busy season it's very chilled

Contras

Lack of work life balance
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

I used the short-term disability.

I have some health issues and I've had a few jobs where I've had to use short-term disability and within 6 months of returning was laid off. I believe there is a culture in HR at many companies to use the HIPPA protected information they receive during the disability process to make decisions on the continued employment of the employee who they now have full medical records on.

Pros

Actual cubicles, no open floor plan

Everything else

Great atmosphere

Love my time there. Great work environment, great leadership. Wide variety of work and clients. They value their employees great work life balance. Loved being there. Wish I could go back

Pros

work life balance

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

good

good environment for beginning IT support people. Great bosses great atmosphere. Wanted nothing but success for all their workers. Stocked kitchen was a plus
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Marcum LLP. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

2,9 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Marcum LLP
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?