Matheson

2,9Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 294 evaluaciones

super hambiente con tiempo para todo

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
al salir al muerzo podiamos ir a caminar 15 minutos aprendi ha abquirir mayores responsabilidades y ponerlas a flote gerencia excelente intervenia ya en casos graves la parte mas dificil no vender o perder un cliente por impuntual lo que mas me gusto el trato brindado al empleado y la obtencion de conocimientos en ventas conocer gente viajar y tener estabilidad laboral

Pros

seguro general y privado

ninguna

Just another burnout job

Be prepared to walk into disarray and do your job with no training. The computer systems are outdated and are hard to learn. Processes for doing tickets are unclear. The company can't even deliver on their promises for their products, so be ready to answer phone calls from other businesses asking why their gas and items didn't get delivered. They say it's a 7-4 job, but in reality, you will be doing 50hrs a week working until 6 and get asked to come in on Saturdays to pick up the slack. Lunch is automatically deducted whether you take it or not. The building is disorganized and dirty, from water dripping to papers and boxes everywhere.

Pros

Decent pay and benefits.

Contras

Constant state of disarray, long hours, no training, complicated computer system, no help.

Upper management sucks

Upper management doesn't care about employees or safety it's all smoke and mirrors just the numbers and profits dispatch is terrible their motto on safety do as I say not as I do

Roller Coaster of a Company

I’m some aspects the company is great. It’s small so you have the ability to make a name for yourself. Other aspects aren’t so great. They want more and more from everyone with less and less resources. Having worked at a competitor it seems like Matheson is winging it sometimes.

Pros

Opportunity if you work hard

Negative people
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Stressful job, manager was very demanding and not understanding

The company would not give you the proper tools in order for you to succeed. Upper management does not car for the regular employees. As a commercial driver I was underpaid.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Good company, good pay

Safety is always first. Getting business done does sometimes push things to the limit, but at the end of the day, if it isn’t safe, drivers have to right of refusal and management backs them up.

High stress environment

Safety is top priority. However, when you take a good look at the equipment it is contradictory to the "safety first" philosophy. Leaky trailers with product spilling out at customer sites is a daily occurrence and when handling O2 it gets pretty stressful. Dispatch constantly makes errors and the driver has to make up for them. I eventually came to the conclusion that it was the driver vs. management, dispatch, and upper management. Constant scrutiny and unbalanced work load. Seniority is recognized when choosing days off and apparently the sweet runs. Requested days off are only granted if there are no drivers day or night also requesting. First come first serve. Add the large amount of paperwork consisting of check lists, delay reporting and the 10-12 hour shift, it equals to long stressful days. Topped off with micromanagement, burnout is inevitable.

Safety 1st management cares about their people

Truly cares about the safety of their employees and customers and puts it before profits. Many very caring people that work in all divisions. Allows all employees to have a voice with safety matters.

Great people

Matheson puts safety first and I work with an incredible team of committed, hardworking professionals. I feel very lucky to be here and to be part of such a great team!
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

The worst upper management I have ever experienced

STAY AWAY! if you are fond of the "good boy club" at work, then good luck. They value backstabbing politics in management over forward thinking and problem solving. No regard for honesty, good character, advancement... just unmet promises and horrid upper management.

Pros

Immediate coworkers are fantastic

Contras

Upper management, and everything else. Very poorly ran and managed company

Stress level maxxed

They offer a 2500 referral bonus but to be honest I'd rather pay someone the 2500 not to work here. Was humiliated twice during training and should've walked out but I gave them a chance.

Pros

Broken equipment, trash schedule, awful work environment

Contras

S harassment is overlooked, company allows bullying, possibly being fired for no reason
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good job with easy-going people

The team I was on had a great manager and great coworkers. The work was straightforward enough. Overall it was a very positive place to be and an enjoyable enough place to work at.

Pros

Good people, good benefits

Contras

Not a lot of room for growth

Packaged gas driver

It's an average job I guess, nothing to brag about, it's a driver job rolling cylinders and being told to do/go everywhere at once. Over the top safety policies Thankless, unrewarding, unappreciated, no growth or opportunities in my opinion. Drive Cams in trucks, ELDs, safety bonus is taxed 40%. Lots of clever ways for them to take away bonuses. It's a job.. that's it..

Pros

Benefits

Contras

Growth, money, opportunity not there
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great company with security and benefits

I enjoyed working for Matheson's Project team. Very active and professional company. Construction Management role demands a lot of time and commitment to the project which does not afford a good life balance.

Pros

Benefits, job security, bonus plan, company paid expenses.

Contras

Procedural structure, short staffing, no home life.

Pay well - micromanage - no assets

You can make really good money if you are aggressive.They operate their business for the short term, not the long term. They have very few assets (equipment).They take micromanaging to a new level. Up to 5 meetings a week to basically see what you are doing and making sure you do it their way, even if their way is not ethical or what the customer wants/needs.

Pros

Money

Everything else
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Run away from this company. There's no training, support or good leadership .

The worst and least competitive gas company in socal. Don't ruin your life by working here. The list is outrageous. No training, no assets, no employees.. terrible operations

Pros

Good kaiser medical

Contras

No company culture, no training, terrible management practices. The list goes on....

Great Benefits and Great Pay

Sometimes the Company has unrealistic goals, They have good people come and go sometimes, They do promote both qualified people and un qualified people.The outside sales people do have given direction and expectations must be met, you have great inside sales support as you have dedicated member assigned to you to help with quotes and order processing and lead generation

Pros

ample tools and good pay

expecations unrealstic
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Nice office with breakfast every Friday and pizza lunch every month

After I was hired things went well for about 6 months. I was making progress within the parameters given by my manager on everything I did. We came back from the holidays and everything had changed and suddenly I was too unproductive. Fact is, Matheson acquired another company with an essential employee and hired a middle level manager from the competition. I became redundant between these 2 other people so my manager's job was to make me SO MISERABLE that I would quit. I did quit about 6 months later. Fact is they didn't want to pay me unemployment after realizing that I was redundant.

Pros

Pizza lunch and breakfast on Fridays - nice, The other employees were mostly nice and my manager was nice at first

Contras

They will MAKE YOU MISERABLE ENOUGH TO QUIT rather than pay unemployment even when legit to do so, While most folks were nice some people would yell profanities throughout the day

Stay away

Poor upper management. They care more about their bonus than doing what is right for the hard working employees under their authority. They expect remaining employees to pick up slack of other empty roles while reducing hours and failing to deliver on promotion promises. Very poor company, even poorer upper management. Stay away at all costs.

Pros

My direct coworkers.

Contras

Just about everything, stay away… for real, listen to this review.

Something needs to change

Management is an absolute joke. They want you to break your back for them, but when you need help or something is wrong they will ignore phone calls and not respond to emails. There are hardly any training that goes on, print a paper from the computer and try it out, if you mess it up, your fired.

Pros

Close to home

Contras

Literally every other detail about job
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Too many test face forward camera in the truck too many long hours suspended people for little indent and Not getting pay for every thing you and management in Texas sucks

Fair
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Matheson. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general