Milliken & Company

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 532 evaluaciones

Excelente trabajo

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Muy buena empresa, excelente nivel de ingenieria y uso de tecnologia

Pros

Tecnologia aplicada

Ninguno

The people

Everyone there was treated the same an was giving a fair shot at moving up the latter I'm great full for the time I spent at Milliken younget close to the people they were family

Pros

Overtime

Overtime lol

Best Place I Ever Worked

The managers are so understanding and will work with you. The best thing is that everyone is so nice and will help you anyway they can. The company is always doing things for their employees.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great people to work with, just so so busy!

Great people, new manager is great, just so busy and can become a little too much. Hard long hours and shifts, but you do get paid more for this. Planning could improve…

Great Place to work

They are Good people to work with you meet a lot of fun people to work with as well as decent money and simple work after you learn it. Definitely recommend it.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Good work environment

I started as a temp and after 90 days they bring you on as a Milliken employee. That included paid holidays and vacation time. The benefits package isn't great but they do have the option

Good pay, bad benefits

Decent pay, bad pension, old machines mixed with new machines. Poor planning and lack of direction. Needs investment in the right places if they want to do well.

More cons than pros

No heat or air conditioning. Extremely hot in the summer. Can get to 110 degrees inside. Very cold in the winter. Management is lacking and they show favoritism. Pay isn’t too good for 12 hour rotating shifts and 60 hour work weeks. Rotating schedule 1 week on third then 1 week on first. High turnover rate. Milliken used to be a great company to work for. Since Mr. Milliken passed away it has really gone downhill. This plant (Enterprise) is not a place I would recommend for anyone with young children, there’s not a work/life balance.

Pros

Vacation time

Not climate controlled

Typical Corporation

It’s not a horrible place to work but it is typical. They play the favoritism games very heavily and I mean VERY! They will tell you one thing on what kind of company they are to get you in the door but then do another. I have seen multiple new hires state this and begin telling me what they were told in the interview and I am floored that they would flat out lie. They also make sure you know you are easily replaced and you definitely feel like just a number. But if you can deal with these things….we get paid for our lunch if we eat there lol 👍🏻
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Make sure all products shipped like it suppose to be and make sure it goes on the correct trailer where it suppose to be going and make sure everything to going to the correct company

Pros

Free lunch sometime

Short breaks

Fun best to work

Great people benefit was not that good the pay is ok for the area its very hot in there nice break rooms the supervisor are all pretty good there is some that I didn't care for

No appreciation

Milliken was a job, no matter how hard I worked, I was never appreciated. Old school company using paper charts… 40 years behind… I would look elsewhere
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good place to work and well paid for the area I live.

I have received good training and learned a lot of new skills since taking this job. It is a laid back atmosphere. Job security is the major issue. There are always rumors of the plant closing and management won't say otherwise.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

The people are great but communication is hard to come by from management

The people you work with are great and fun people. Some of management don't have great communication skills and cause clunkiness at times. Pay is the sucky part about it all.

Rudderless Company, Uncertain Future, Go Elsewhere Young Person

Milliken is privately owned by the great-grandchildren of the founder, who was a textile mill sweatshop Barron. The textile mills are gone but the culture that employees are disposable remains. Employee turnover has always been high and they owners do not care. If you come here, you will most likely quit in a few years and start over somewhere else. There are many better places for a young person to spend their career in the 21st century.

No Career Future at this company

I design and supervise the installation of new and modified IT systems at various company locations. I like the work, but I would warn young people away from Milliken. It is privately owned by the great grandchildren of the founder, who was a 19th century textile mill sweatshop barron, and the company culture is still about insulting and humiliating the employees. It is the most thankless place to work I can imagine, year after year. I watch them recruit and hire, and then needlessly crush hopes and initiative of the employees, and they just don't care about the quits and turnover. They company does not publish financial reports so you cannot tell what the future holds for the businesses. Young man, go elsewhere.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Management was very hands off, Great spot with benefits. Don't regret working there. Swing shift is ridiculous, avoid if possible.

Management lets thing slide very often, however if there are issues lets say, with the shift that worked before you and you have to spend hours into your shift that they should have done on theirs. that's just the way it goes I suppose. On production crew there is no working from home. Great First Job. Met many great people there.

Milliken

Milliken has paid training at a base rate. It moves up once you get to production. I ran 15-30 machines sometimes more. The machines I ran made air bags. You have to inspect each bag for defects. Management when I worked there was alright but the plant as a whole needed a lot of work in TEAMWORK.

Pros

Benefits, pay, 3 breaks, lots of walking

Contras

too many machines to run sometimes, lacking team work
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Terrible culture, no hope for improvement

Millken is a privately owned company that used to run textile mills years ago when child labor was acceptable and employees were basically serfs. The descendants of the men who ran the sweatshops now own the company. They are casting around trying to find a new direction but none of the owners really know anything about business. They still regard employees as an expensive nuisance. Due to the culture and disdainful attitudes toward employees, turnover has always been high. Do yourself a favor and do not waste your working life helping the Milliken family get richer.

Pros

None. It is a miserable company to work for.

Contras

If you ever try hard to go the extra mile to help the company, you will live to regret it.

Hard Work Pays Off

Milliken rewards those willing to work hard. Advancement is easy if you work hard and care. Also associates always come first, then safety, quality, production. Insurance is expensive for a family and most pay is good. If you are an over achiever it will take time for your pay to catch up to you. You can always make more and less stress some where else but Milliken overall will be more rewarding.

Pay Benefits
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Its Good place to work and they work well with your schedule. If you need time off, they are very understanding and try there best to make it happen. The work is just the same thing every day so it gets boring.

Pros

Good environment

Pay, boring
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Milliken & Company. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general