Moss Adams

3,1Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 149 evaluaciones

High expectations but not much insight to work projects

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Learning a lot and having a flexible internship experience was great. I feel that management and the company did not allow for much insight on projects to where you could understand more about the work you were doing. For some this is fine, but for certain types of learners you may struggle not having more details when trying to understand and complete assignments.

Life work balance

No balance at all. Insane hours. Hard to get some time off because you will have to work double once you are backcannot get a promotion unless you pass cpa exam
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Love the people here at MA

Love the people and the culture at MA. They are all really nice. They care about you and also your career development. You also get to enjoy lots of social events.

Pros

everything

nothing

A good regional firm

Overall, would recommend for true accounting professionals. Typical pros and cons of an accounting firm. New offices. Good organization, met some really great people.

Unstructured

MA prides itself on allowing employees flexibility to use their own processes. Unfortunately, this gets in the way of business development and training, and often requires you to "work harder, not smarter" because there is simply no way to automate anything or find new efficiencies.The training is ad hoc, performance reviews and mentorship are treated as a side note, and while work/life balance might be better than Big 4, you will be spending much of your time wrestling with inefficiency.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Accounting Firm

I left Moss Adams to pursue work in another field, as I began to tire of the many seminars and trainings which pushed political and ideological topics that had nothing to do with the work we were being paid to do.

Contras

Top down, woke culture that doesn't appeal to many employees.

Awful place to work

Hated working here. The office was run like a frat house. No work life balance. Seniors didn't care about the staff at all. I remember getting a job review that said I needed to work on my "grammer". How ironic.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Decent starting accounting job.

I was super excited to get this job out of college. The people were great, but ultimately accounting was not the career path I wanted to pursue. This job pays alright but consumes a lot of your time especially during the winter. This job works for some but for me I wanted to have more freedom and with this job I felt tied down.

Pros

Stable good benefits

Contras

This job will take a lot of your time and life
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

If you're going to practice public accounting - do it here

Great accounting firm, has a good "people-centric" culture and lots of opportunities for growth. Have made many friends here. Seems to blend the advantages of Big 4 with the advantages of smaller firms. Compensation is very good and salary growth has been excellent. Benefits are decent, but could be improved. Hours during busy season(s) are definitely rough but generally top out around 55-60 hours a week most times, which seems better than many firms. Firm's growth seems to be accelerating at an almost out of control rate. Noticing a lot more burnout and churn this year in the staff and senior ranks that previously. Upper management / partners (at least locally) do not seem to have a plan to effectively control growth and mitigate burnout at the staff-manager level and manager level . Hopefully this is temporary blip and overall it is still a great place to work.

Pros

Compensation, great people

Workload, hours

Good management

Great place to start your career and learn a lot. Management does seem to care about employees progression. Flexible working hours but comes with the stress of busy season.

Great company

This is a great company. I came here from the big 4 and feel like this is the best combination that I could ask for. I highly recommend coming to work here if you are looking for better work life balance.

Great Firm

Hours could be better but the culture and managgement want to see you succeed. Busy seasons are tough but you learn a lot from being staffed on different engagements
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Love the people, hate the job

Moss has amazing people. Almost everyone I met at Moss Adams was willing to help me and the team I was on succeed. The work life balance is good compared to other firms, but it's still public accounting so the hours during busy season can be up in the 60-70 range. The job itself kind of sucks but the people are great.

Pros

Lots of food during busy season, people are great

Contras

Long hours during busy season
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great environment to work, the people are supportive and the culture is great

Moss Adams has a great work environment, the management is very clear on what needs to be done and they are very supportive. There is a culture of oneness, you can feel that everyone is pulling in the same direction.

Pros

Flexible work hours, numerous commutation choices to work.

Contras

parking can be a problem and expensive

Standard Public Accounting

Public accounting is inherently long hours and high pressure deadlines. The people are the best part of the job, you’re surrounded by a lot of brilliant coworkers and everyone has something you can learn.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Productive colleagues and good snacks

Required start and end times for the day, but flexible hours if having to start or leave early for appointments. Deadlines had to be met daily, and a lot of emails were already crafted out but you had to fill in the blanks. Free-styling emails was frowned upon by colleagues. Lots of making sure we don't upset the top accountants in the firm, as we would look dumb or 'add stress' to there day by not providing clear concise information/pre-filled emails.Great snacks, structured breaks, everything felt precise and timed out to the dot. Meetings were on-time and included lunches/good snacks.Growth opportunity looked bleak, managers had favorites, some people were long haulers, while other seats had new hires in them constantly. Benefits were good - pay could've been better.good use of technology in the firm, two days a week allowed to work from home and the entire company rolled with it pretty well.

Pros

Free lunches, snacks, good structure and routine.

Contras

Too much routine, no growth.

It’s public accounting

It’s public accounting, I think it’s important to start there. Overall expect to work long hours for pay that is not commensurate with the technical aptitude needed, hours, and stress that come along with the job. That said, public is a great launch pad for your career. If I had to do it all over again, I don’t think I would do it here. Jobs are understaffed and it pushes work upward. Management is sensitive and there is not an open culture where you can vocalize true concerns without retaliation.

Pros

Continuous learning

Hours, stress, inadequate staffing

Supportive coworkers

Coworkers are supportive in teaching new skills. Long hours during tax season but it's not a surprise and it's like that in all CPA firms. Lots of room for career advancement if desired.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good for public accounting.

It's still PA, so pretty much everything that you read on r/accounting applies. Hours and WLB depend on your office and team. SF & STL have longer hrs

Pros

Experience

Public accounting

Sales Culture

The firm keeps pushing for sales, sales and sales. Though having revenues to support operations is of course critical, we are in the business of providing technical services. Outside of the general group training that gets old, the firm has no clear industry specific programs to help people achieve technical competencies. The result is a bunch of burnouts at every level. Staff has no assigned industry so they do everything from construction to tech to nonprofit, so they don't develop quickly. Seniors are burned out and quit because staff is learning slow (esp in pandemic WFH environment), if you make manager you'd think it gets easier but it doesn't (because few competent seniors stay), sr managers also get dumped a lot of work that lower levels can't do properly. No capacity anywhere but they keep selling...

Pros

Quick promotion, work from home policy

Contras

Public accounting (i.e. busy season), lack of effective training, disorganized

Employee development

I absolutely love how Moss Adams invests in their employees and wants them to thrive. If you love a specific industry, they will try their best to get you in that industry and get you on more jobs you're interested in. The training is top-notch and they let you excel at your own pace. They are extremely feedback oriented, and offer both constructive criticism and sincere commendation. I often get to engage directly with partners and learn from them. They are extremely attentive to your needs personally.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Moss Adams. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general