Navy Exchange

3,6Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 1.431 evaluaciones

Buen Ambiente de trabajo.

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
todos los días antes del comenzar a trabajar realizábamos charlas de inducción, luego los análisis de trabajo seguro para poder empezar a realizar el montaje de los módulos con seguridad. Perfeccione lo que ya sabia sobre montaje de módulos y adquirí conocimientos sobre electricidad. siempre supervisados por los ing. de seguridad y los residentes de obra. la seguridad ante todo. trabajar siempre con las tormentas de granizo con rayos.

Pros

todos tus beneficios, bonos de reconocimento y dias de descanzo pagados.

la comida.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It's a stepping stone job

I enjoyed working here and most of my employees in the jewelry department. management was horrible and employee appreciation was never acknowledged by management. There was no room for growth within the company.

Overall great environment

Tons of fun just a lot going on must be a quick learner but overall just great time. I highly recommend this job to anyone wanting to serve their country
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good

Good place to work the people are nice and some managers really care about your well being everybody helps everybody so you’re not alone good place to work

Expectation

The Navy Exchange offers training and can easily aquire the base knowledge. Co-workers are team members and are always around to help. As long as you apply what you've learned, everything should be copesthetic.,
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Decent pay, honest work, poor management, very understaffed

The job itself isn’t bad at all and I personally like it. However due to being understaffed, housekeepers are forced to stay past their shift to finish their boards and are written up for not finishing their stay overs despite being given more rooms than time permits. Current management does not go in to help housekeepers with their rooms but expects for all the work to be done even if it’s too much for the number of housekeepers clocked in. Management has been confronting everyone about how long people take to clean rooms and saying that the times don’t add up, not taking other factors into consideration like going between rooms, having to restock, having to take a lunch break, etc. No one looks forward to coming in to work including myself but the pay is what’s stopping us from all leaving. I can never get in contact with my manager to ask questions or to call out of a shift as I always get ignored or forgotten, she will never pick up my calls, respond to my voice mails, nor reply to my text messages. Everyone is overworked and dreads coming in to work because they’ve made so many rules to make the workplace so miserable to work in and they don’t try to accommodate or negotiate for anyone’s issues. On a more positive note, coworkers are generally friendly and easy to talk to (on the occasion you can talk to them, management has instilled rules to minimize the amount of interactions between employees despite us being a “team”). There is diversity within the team which is nice. The job would be so much better and enjoyable if management would work on improving the workplace -

Pros

Good coworkers, fair pay, easy to work with hours, Pto, holiday pay, diversity, health insurance, good guests

Contras

Unprofessional/poor management, poor accommodations, understaffed, overworked, low motivation

Unprofessional staff

They used to looked like a high end store 8 yrs ago until they had a new management. They will hire anyone now but pay rate is decent and training is adequate.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Absolutely loved taking care of the sailors.

I am ex-navy my father was Navy my brothers and sisters were all in the service of one branch or the other there were seven of us growing up. I knew and understood the military family love taking care of them. The local management at the stores work very hard to try to make things better. The upper management have their ears closed. They could do so much better there is so much potential.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Very unprofessional and toxic work environment

A lot of the managers are very unprofessional. When you get a raise they cut your hours. They do not know how to treat there employees. The pay is horrible. Honestly I would not recommend any one to work there especially at the great lakes student store location.

No room to advance

Management stands behind terrible managers because they don’t want to do the work it takes to get rid of them. They would rather watch great employees walk away than address issues.

Pros

Store closes early.

Few openings to advance

Great place to grow

I have grown in the company for 25 years. Great people are not easy to find in a work environment and potential for growth is there. I have mentored a lot of associates and with patience they get promoted into positions that are better than mine.

Poor upper management

Upper management is a joke. There is obvious favoritism among management and employees. They will not honor availability given during an interview even if they say they will. The turn around rate for employees is crazy. There is a reason they are always hiring and for some many positions. Lower management and supervisors are pretty good. Most of them try to help where and when they can. The pay is better than most retail in the area, but still not enough for the amount of work done by most employees (largely due to being undermanned most of the time). However, when the store was required to raise their minimum wage upper management cut hours and plainly said it was to make up the difference of paying us more! It is just not a great place to work

Pros

Benefits for FT and PT employees, offer a Flex schedule (no benefits)

A lot

Communication wasn’t the best

The one thing I didn’t like was that management and associates wouldn’t communicate. Management would never know what would be going on or let their employees know.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Company that's lost its way

The company itself is downsizing to have more flex employees that they don't have to guarantee hours for and get rid of part-time and full-time employees. The work environment outside of direct co-workers is very toxic plenty of people that will stab you in the back the pay is nowhere near competitive it's so low that it's even a joke and the company hardly listens to employees reviews on how to improve they ignore it. Will throw an employee under the bus just to save face with a customer even if the customer is lying or did the damage themselves to the product. Average raise is point .25%. The raises are flat across all employees no matter how poor or good the employee reviews are at years end.

Pros

Coworkers, some mangers

Contras

Work environment, pay, lack direction, expectation to do more with less

Very good place to work

Whether you work as a sales associate or in management, the navy exchange is a great place to work. I thoroughly enjoyed my time while employed there. The only con was that I did not get enough hours to fulfill my needs.

Pros

Inclusive, friendly, decent work

Contras

Didn't get as many hours as I would have preffered

Cronyism

Nepotism and Cronyism runs rampid. There is no clear path to advancement. They do not focus on the mental health of the employee. It is about the bottom line.

Pros

Benefit and leave

Pay and Culture
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

What is the best part of working at Navy Exchange?Opportunity, pay, flexibilityWhat is the most stressful part about working at Navy Exchange (NEX)?Training is all there is to teach you, if they didn't cover something you better find someone willing to teach you . What is the work environment and culture like at NEX NAVY EXCHANGE?Friendly, but like any other retail establishment, it resembles the high school hierarchy for drama. What is a typical day like for you at Navy Exchange?busy busy busy

Fun, friendly

Good Transparency, Training, Flexibility, People Friendly…..and fun, multi-cultural go workers, scheduling of work shifts was flexible, co worker were willing to train and or teach you while at work

Good for sales experience

The navy exchange can be a good place to work. Many options of areas to work in and good for sales experience. Can also be pretty flexible with scheduling. Downsides would be that the environment can be toxic and managers tend to sweep things under the rug.

Friendly Environment

Your coworkers make the job. Along with the benefits. Management doesn’t know what their doing half the time, but they are still great people nonetheless. Don’t try to too much outside your given duties or else you will most likely back track, because it is not what upper management desires until they realize it doesn’t work.

Pros

45 min lunch’s with 2 15 minute breaks, the benefits and flexibility
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

What is the best part of working at Navy Exchange?The customers and coworkers do make you feel like you’re part of a close knit community.What is the most stressful part about working at Navy Exchange (NEX)?Not knowing if you’ll get enough hours to survive. I was originally hired at a different location where my position worked 30 hours a week. I transferred here and was getting around 24-27. Then the GM decided to start hiring like crazy, just to cut everyone’s hours down to 20/week. I am livid. My dept had more than enough people to work all the hours needed. They hired more people and then cut our hours? Why not evenly distribute the hours to less associates if you want less manned hours? They way this store is run makes absolutely no sense to me.What is the work environment and culture like at NEX NAVY EXCHANGE?My coworkers are amazing. I get along with every single one. I don’t quite get along with my manager though. She’s not the most personable. But the relationship is civil.What is a typical day like for you at Navy Exchange?Helping customers or other associates. When there’s no customers or any odd jobs left to do, I am bored. And we are not allowed to be on our phones at all to help pass the time.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Navy Exchange. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general