Navy Federal Credit Union

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 1.772 evaluaciones

productive work enviroment

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
It was a good place to work with a lot of productivity that occurred. The management was flexible and always willing to help an employee who was struggling.

Pros

occasional free lunch

n/a
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Terrible management!! Terrible work life balance!!

The only positive I can say about this place is that they DO care about their members! However… certain managers/supervisors/leadership could careless about the employees! In a 6 month period my team had 4 supervisors and neither knew where the other left off. They also talk dreadful behind their teams back. I was sent a webex chat by accident from someone in leadership complaining about someone on our team in a very negative way. It was quickly deleted. This place has an extremely high turn around and there is not one person from my training class that is actually happy being on phones 8 hours daily with not even a sneeze in between. Look elsewhere!!!

Pros

Being able to conversate with different people who call in.

LEADERSHIP!! PAY!! Zero work life balance

Claim to Be Military Spouse Friendly

They have locations near most bases so I thought it would be a great job when we have to PCS. But they don't guarantee you the same position when you leave or even the same pay. I was told they would be flexible for weekends when my husband deploys but they were not. They took very little input from me on scheduling. They micro manage. And there is not room to grow unless you live near 2 of their main campuses in FL or VA. They do try to pay higher than any of the other banks in the areas they are in. But they will only give you the base breaks for your state. (aka your state doesn't require a 15 then you're not getting a 15) I think a lot of this can depend on the branch you are in, but I haven't heard much different from the other branches around me.

Managers not good

The job itself is very rewarding and helping members achieve their financial goals is a beautiful thing. The issues are little petty things. Some women together can be very good and others can be a click and if your on the outside, its not nice. Manager's have favorites. Always short staffed and no thanks to the staff covering the short fall. Its like a conveyor belt and you want to give quality not quantity.

Stressful

This job is extremely stressful. The resources available are confusing. The subject matter experts aren't trained in each processing niche which makes asking for help more frustrating because that particular SME may or may not know how to help.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Amazing people

Loved the company and people but did not enjoy the role (Mortgage PA), ended up not working there for long.I have nothing else to say this is all got.

Fun work environment

It can get difficult and stressful dealing with customers… but I had a lot of fun working as an MSR. Coworkers and seniors were nice and supportive. Our branch manager always tried to conjure up fun activities to keep the employees motivated. Good benefits as well.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Best company I've ever worked for

NFCU is by far the best company I've ever worked at. Everyone treats everyone with absolute respect. Compensation isn't bad but it could be much better. I feel like we should be making quite a bit more based on the cost of living now. It's gone up so much in the past 2 years and our past went up like $0.30. The benefits though are great. I don't care for the micro managing but it does keep us in check.

No work life balance

All calls are back to back, no time to breathe. Work life balance does not exist. Schedule is only done a week at a time so your life is in hold till further notice based on the metrics of a computer system not a human. This is not the job for you if you like to hold people (members) accountable for their actions or if you have a family and or desire to have a life outside .

Okay place to work

Pay is not that good for all the work you have to do. This job is beyond tiring in so many ways. The members are rude as ever. If you want to consistently talk all day and cater to people like they are kids pls work here. Maybe back office is better but the branch is not a good place to work. No work life balance either on top of not that many hours for sick or vacation. Navy federal does care about their employees they will not protect you either in danger.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

They run a tight ship, yarrrharrharr

By far, the most efficient company I've ever worked for. If you work hard and consistently improve your numbers, you will move up there. Pay is fair and again, will scale with how hard you work. When I was there (it has been years -- this may have improved by now), it was almost impossible to use your leave, even something that was months away would be off limits.

Pros

Work hard, get ahead

Contras

Work life balance could improve
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Depends on where you are

I came in as a contract training instructor. My supervisor is amazing. I like the work. In order to get more work and display you can do more NETWORKING is a MUST. If you do not get your name out there and show you can do the job, you won't be given projects.Every team is different. A lot of your experience at NFCU can depend on your supervisor. After 8 months I interviewed for a FTE position and got it. If you are looking to come in as a contractor be sure to ask all the questions in the interview. The contract company isn't always honest.

I love my job

Honestly, I’ve never worked somewhere that treats their employees as well as navy federal. I’ve been there almost a year now, and I’ve already have had 3 raises, and just got promoted to the next level of my position! It truly is a great place to work and I can’t wait to see where I go!
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great compensation but can be stressful at times....

Company does provide paid classes for personal development. Great compensation/benefits. Workload can be excessive because everything is deemed critical.

Pros

Great benefits, compensation.

Contras

Workload can be excessive.

Professional and Easy

Overall nfcu is a solid company. Great benefits. Job is mostly conducting finance and teller transactions for customers. Sometimes the understaffing can take a toll on you but overall the teams work well together for the most part so you don’t feel alone
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Very stable job with a reputable organization

Navy Federal is a great employer. Many of the roles are typical 9-5 type jobs, they are transitioning to a hybrid environment requiring 4 days per month in office. Compensation is average as a level 3 specialist might make 70k per year. The benefits are great with 401k match up to 7%, 3% pension, 15 vacation days, and 10 sick days to start out. They also provide education assistance. Job security is fantastic as long as you are capable, they have never had a layoff. Advancement is more difficult bc there is so much competition. Management is ok depending on the leadership, though as a whole Navy federal is very bureaucratic and no change comes easily at all. Very set in their ways but do care about their employees, as long as it doesn't get in the way of the credit union's success.

Pros

7% 401k match, 3% pension, 15 vacation days to start which increases after 3 years, 10 sick days

Contras

Don't expect to work fully remote, it is not common. Tough to advance internally depending on the role, very bureaucratic and hierarchal.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It is good with some downfalls

I love Navy Federal. The call center was not my cup of tea. I personally do not like micromanagement and I definitely did not like the short breaks and lunches. Felt like I had no time for myself at all.

Great experience

Nfcu is a fantastic employer that is also inclusive with a casual work culture (in mortgage servicing department atleast). We received bonuses and a 7% match on the 401k. Unfortunately, has to leave when my spouse was pcs’d out of state.

Incentives & pay

Was fully Remote then decided that Representatives had to go into the call center once a week. Good communication. Scheduling was all over the place. Never a set schedule and not able to plan ahead as schedule is done 1 week prior.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Fast paced with upward movement likely

I had zero financial experience when I was hired at NFCU, only customer service experience. Which makes sense as the bulk of the job is being good with people and knowing how to utilize your resources. There's an excellent network of resources and experienced individuals to complete each interaction successfully but you must be willing to work hard as part of a team. The training is extensive and the learning opportunities never stop. The main downside is that they don't work too hard to retain their long-term employees, specifically when it comes to pay. But it's an excellent way to get your foot in the door if you're interested in working in the financial world.

Pros

Welcoming environment, opportunity for promotion, non-commision, teamwork driven

Contras

Small raises, minimal remote options
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Navy Federal offers great pay and benefits. Their health benefits ate unmatched. The leadership, management and upper management look out for themselves and each other. Never go to HR with any complaints or you will be targeted and retaliated against. It is very much a click environment and if your on the outside then be very careful who you upset. The only real reason people stay at Navy Federal is because of the money and benefits

Pros

Health benefits and money/ bonuses

Contras

Harassment and low ethics and morals of leadership
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Navy Federal Credit Union. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general