Occidental

3,8Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 455 evaluaciones

Occidental Petroleum Oil & Gas, empresa multinacional, brindó un ambiente seguro y apropiado de trabajo con intercomunicación entre los niveles.

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Comunicación directa con la gerencia para informar de la situación de seguridad del Área de Operaciones y sobre potenciales riesgos para el personal de la compañía y la operación de la misma y, recomendar las acciones a fin de eliminar, en el mejor de los casos, o minimizar tales riesgos de seguridad. Aprendí que, lineamientos y/o directrices claras comunicadas, oportunamente, a los empleados más la aplicación de altos estándares dan como resultado logros/satisfacciones personales e institucionales. Una de la mayores satisfacciones fue el haber enfrentado retos de gran escala que demandaron tiempo, esfuerzo y sacrificio de los empleados en la consecución de los objetivos de la empresa. Lo anteriormente manifestado, me permitió alcanzar un grado de madurez en las actividades gerenciales.

Pros

La comunicación abierta y transparente con los niveles gerenciales

Ninguna
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

What is the best part of working at the company?Benefit pkgPaid for my educationWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Hours could be toughWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Worked with great people What is a typical day like for you at the company?Very manageable
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great Company and Benefits, But...

This company is awesome and I have so much to grateful for. The problem was I was not treated like other Oxy employees, we did not get the 9/80 nor hybrid schedule, I think they could treat their 'lower grade' employees better. There could also be more encouragement for movement in the company.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Used to be a great place to work, but not anymore

This was a great place to work ten years ago, but with recent acquisitions and company growth, employees are just a number. Plus, since so many people have left, mostly incompetent and petty managers remain.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Pay is great, advancement is poor

The pay and benefits are outstanding. Upward mobility is limited by local management and ingrained attitudes about how long it takes to learn things. Make sure you are hired at the location you desire, you can be trapped by local management.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Something is constanctly going on.

Much unneeded stress! Things are constantly changing, and it is as if no one really knows what going on. It feels that it is at the staff level to run around, because someone higher up had a bizarre question. Now we need to do this, nope that deal fell through, wait why haven't you been doing this. etc. Lots of know another rumor about are company being split apart. Love most of my peers though, just a time of chaos.

Pros

They significantly helped me out financial, morally, and socially after getting wrecked in Harvey.

Contras

Stressful. Always float international posting in front of you, but they always fizzle out or go to someone else.

Family oriented

Nice place to work. I was able to spend time with family. I worked 9 80 and being off every other Friday was nice. Noone gave he any problems about taking off.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great company with great benefits and a healthy work environment

I worked at Oxy for 11 years. My salary increased with excellent performance. At the time I worked there, the IT employees qualified for performance bonuses as well.The benefits are excellent.The company has a great work atmosphere and they truly care about their employees.I left due to a family tragedy or I would still be there. I would definitely work there again.

Contras

Maybe: lack of advancement opportunities for developers

Contractor

Great company impressive benefits and compensation. Standard office politics exist and should not be taken lightly.Overall a great environment and company.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great environment to work in

Enjoyed working for them. Great co workers that I was around. They never put me in a situation that I couldn’t handle. Now I’m looking for something close to where I live.

Ok

The pay scale is good except for maintenance and I&e l. Benefits are solid. Old plant and limited investments. Minimalistic work force, was the best employer in area
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Most of the managers there are racist. It’s a very micromanaged company.

I would not advise anyone to work there. The bonus and benefits are ok. But customer service was very stressful and micromanaged. The managers don’t care about you or your well being.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Layoffs, old union mentality...

Not a bad job, by any means. The union and company got along well. The contractual issues that arose during layoffs were breaking the unions contract. The older union guys and company did not care... That fostered a division in the workforce and that plant suffered for years before ultimately shutting down. Unions- If you take members dues then follow the contract. Companies- Don't cave to an old boys club mentality just to keep things smooth. Be truthful and you will keep valued employees... Occidental Niagara did not and now years down the road everyone is laid off...

Pros

Good work environment

Contras

Union, which was not truthful and management that allowed it.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Long term terrible management practices at plant site are flushing a once good place to work down the toilet.

Below average pay for the industry. Safety record is marginal and getting worse. Management only cares about its upward mobility to the detriment of the rest of the employees and the plant site overall. Management is disconnected from the reality of running a chemical manufacturing facility. Salaried and hourly employees are leaving every week for better opportunities elsewhere. This should be an indication that management style and practice is failing miserably. Work culture is horrible and getting worse rapidly. Vast majority of employees at this location are unhappy and looking to leave.

Too little too late

The company, OxyChem Wichita, has been trailing the market for wages for nearly a decade. Yes, they have a 401K and a pension, but the pension is small and hasn’t been increased for a long time. The union is weak and does nothing but try to save the jobs of people that should be fired. Zero unity and its a waste of money to be in the union unless your a trouble employee. The plant itself is old - very old and falling apart. Many people have quit. The more that quit, the more that want to quit.

Pros

401K with matching contribution, small pension, decent insurance.

Contras

Trailing the market wage-wise, ineffective union, disconnected management.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good benifits, average compensation, poor management

Work with good benifits, especially on retirement saving and 401k match up. Management failed to listen to suggestion, and not hiring people qualified to do the work.

Great company

I loved working at Occidental! Great people I loved every minute. Would recommend this company to any one ! Hold onto it if you get on cause they will take care of you

Some employees

Good coworkers, poor management

Used to be a great place to work, management has went downhill fast. Union doesn’t support operations as they should. Pay is well below average for chemical plants in the area

Pros

Healthcare

Pay, management, time off
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

if your not in the click , find another company you will be overlooked!People that have no clue are promoted by people that have no clue!Pay is good, time off is good , it's just a toxic culture! Poor management !

Pros

Good pay time off

Contras

The people the buddy system lack of advancement if you are not one of the boys! Poor management, May be the worst I have ever been around!

Unorganized. Low operational standards. Doesn't hold employees accountable

Poor training program, life work balance is bad, if you get sick they pay you 1/2 of your pay, Unorganized, Low operational standards, Doesn't hold employees accountable.

Pros

Location, Fair pay

Contras

Poor training program, life work balance, if you get sick they pay you 1/2 of your pay.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good benefits and work/life balance

Overall, I enjoyed my time working at Oxy. Work/life balance was good, PTO was encouraged by my direct manager. 401K/retirement benefits were on par with Oil and Gas industry but superior to most companies outside of industry. Lower-mid management was great. Compensation for lower level-mid level IC's was ok.

Pros

Work/life balance, 401K match, good people at IC/mid-management level

Contras

Lack of career advancement opportunities
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Occidental. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general