Olin Corporation

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 269 evaluaciones

You get what you give

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Come in do your job. Its pretty simple as that. Yes you have your days when things are not going right at all. Especially as an Adjustor and your busting behind all day. Then you have days where it doesn't even feel like you have been at work.

Pros

Great benefits, good pay, short commute for me

Short breaks and Forced OT
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Work is easy and pay is good

Management has no idea what they are doing. The place is falling to the ground and they will not spend the money to fix things that are broken even after pointing out that they are going to get someone hurt

They Taught Me A Trade!

I was able to get into the Olin Machinist Apprenticeship. It changed my life they had a great program that taught all aspects of the trade . From the math and Trig. To machining parts, to Repairing, building and keeping the Plant running! After I left Olin and moved to several different states When I applied for jobs, they looked through my paper work from Olin I was hired!

lourd et dangereux

usine à réessayer haut risque avec aucune considération pour ses employés.....tu veux être un numéro et te faire exploser applique la

Pros

salaire

ambiance de travail nulle
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Very Toxic! Peace of mind means everything.

Was very disappointed , was lied to and there is no communication. Very toxic and threatening environment. I would never recommend working there. NWTT
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Good Pay /Lot Of Problems

Good Pay, but lots of morale issues with other employees and co-workers who really don’t care about there job and who are there for just paycheck.This place will kill you with overtime
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

They do not care about the safety of the employees nor do they care about their employees. They make it very hard to be promoted or go to the day shift. And policy’s change daily to whomever it benefits at the time it was said.

Operations Tech

Team atmosphere. Safety oriented. Nothing is perfect and all things need work. Love serving my country with ammo doing my part to give security to our nation.

Pros

Money, benefits, retirement

Contras

Nothing is perfect and we all need to work on things.

Horrible workplace for families

Chaos complete and utter chaos! They do not give two blanks about you! You are a number and not a human and do not have feelings to them. Or pain or emergencies. Families don't mean nothing to them. And I will not let my kids work there.

Everything!
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Long days and always replaceable

Absolutely horrible would never recommend. Working 16 hours every other day and Saturdays included. Very clique based. Never once qualified for sick days even while getting sick at work.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

A place to earn a paycheck.

Management only care about themselves, and what's on paper. Moral and culture in the workplace is a joke, but don't bring it up around your superior because they'll look down on you. Enjoyed my fellow co-workers for the most part, and the pay was pretty good if you like working almost everyday of the week.

Pros

good pay, pay raises are consistent

management

They changed

The company changed a lot when they hired a new management team. They made everyone stop WFH and back to the office. There was a huge Covid outbreak yet they demanded that employees return to the office otherwise they would be fired.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

For me it was poor support and no structure.

No structure and no support. Environment was not inclusive and divisive at times. There were flashes of a cultural shift but became stagnant. Favoritism is clear and blatant.

Pros

Good benefits and compensation

Refer to the review
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good opportunities and fair compensation

Lake City is a great place to work because the compensation is fair, and right now it is easier than ever to get a job and shift that fits my lifestyle. My favorite thing is there are so many different positions to choose from after building a little seniority. I also appreciate the people I work around, and the focus that leadership places on safety.

Pros

Generous PTO, good benefits, multiple shifts available

Contras

Union representation, daily security checks
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Don't trust leadership. Management does not care.

The benefits are nice. That is the best thing. Other than that, it is a horrible place to work. When applying for roles they say they want former Olin experience then tell you that you are not qualified for the job and hire someone without Olin experience. Issues reported to block leadership about time theft get swept under the rug and when the company lays you off the person who was stealing time gets your job. The atmosphere has become toxic and people are leaving in droves and based on the Freeport location, there are enough other chemical plants around that treat their employees better.

Not bad

I liked my dispatcher. Boss was kind of an arrogant little ***** Overall company is a good place to work. They are union in Chicago but we’re not here in Michigan. Overall a good place to work. Usually only did two or three deliveries a day.

Pros

Good pay and benefits.

Canada

Trash

Management is a joke. HR doesn’t care about their people. If you have a family, don’t work at Olin. Complete trash company. If you want ptsd and to be treated like a worthless human being then this is the perfect company for you.

Instrument technician

Great job overall. Good people and good benefits. But working in a chlorine plant gets old after awhile. Luckily Im in a pretty good block, I cant speak for other blocks though.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Cool place to work if you are just starting your career

Great BenefitsWork/Life BalanceNice peopleGreat work cultureFree lunch (sometimes)Annual bonuses-depending on how well the company performsClean office environment

Pros

Great benefits Work/Life Balance

No advancement

Overworked and Underpaid

I liked the job at first but soon realized it is not the job for anyone that wants to have a life outside of work. The management is horrible. You are expected to work twelve hour shifts with no notice and work through your weekends. There are good opportunities to advance and make more money if you’re willing to give up ALL of your time. The benefits are good but not worth it as a packer in my opinion. I would not recommend this job to anyone if you’re starting out as a packer.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

When I worked there it was a comfortable atmosphere. No micromanaging.

The workplace was very relaxed. As long as you did your job you had no issues. As I said no micromanaging. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Olin Corporation. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3,1 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Olin Corporation
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?