Olive Garden
3.8 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Olive Garden

Puntuaciones por categoría

3.7Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 12,575 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 12,576 evaluaciones

Si

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Aprendí varias funciones como lavalosa,cosina,mesero,bartender,joster trabajar en equipo,limpieza en área limpieza seguridad

Pros

Si

Solo 5min
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Different environment for different people and reasons.

This place can be great to work at if you're a horribly lazy worker because for whatever reason they tend to excel here and get rewarded more than the actual hard workers. They will literally refuse to do the job they are hired to do or fuss about it and only halfway do it till it's time to leave. But some how end up being what all the actual hard workers call "the favorites" or "the chosen ones". A lot of favoritism goes on here from the management team to certain workers. No one really understands why because these are once again the same people that aren't really hard workers. Many people have tried to do something about it and nothing is ever done to fix it. In the end the managers will look at the people speaking up as a problem instead and ignore any input given and/or discipline them in petty ways usually. Honestly a number of things wrong with this place as a whole. They can be understanding when it comes to some things outside of work like deaths in the family or wanting time off for vacations and such but if you are part of the people that aren't in the favorites then you usually have to jump through hoops to get what you really need. Equal and fair pay? You have to fight very hard for that and even then it's still not really fair pay. It's just more fair than it was before you mentioned it.

Pros

A job with some sort of income if you have nothing and no other options at the time.

Contras

Heavy favoritism, work weekends and holidays, hard to get time off, petty, paid poorly compared to the work you do, poor management majority of the time, too many to list.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Helpful service members, safe environment, great pay, and helpful management

People were always willing to help out. Work was hard but it got easy as I learned how to do it. I could always reach out to my managers about days off or help on something. The environment always felt safe. I enjoyed my time working there and felt pride and accomplishment when I got things done a right way. I recommend this place as a great place to start work 👍

Pros

Free salad or soup with bread sticks. During covid: free noodles with sauce. Unlimited free drinks

Contras

Angry customers, stressful, fast paced environment
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Fast paced and hectic at times as a cook, but the management will hear you out and try to make things better where they can.

The best part of working for Olive Garden was that the management honestly cared about your well being and there are protocols in place from the higher ups to ensure that. With that being said, they still have a business to run, and restaurants are restaurants. The old saying "if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen" definitely applies here.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Fun place to work. As long as you have a good team to back you up.

It was a fun place to work. Very fast paced so it made the day go by faster. Many chances for promotions and manager positions. However they do play favorites with certain people. They give their favorites the most hours.

Pros

Employee meals are 50 % off. Great benefits and discounts to other businesses.

Contras

Only get a break if you work for at least 6 hours straight.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Potential to make really good money if willing to sacrifice time for it.

I wouldn't recommend working there unless you have no personal life. The training seems well rounded but severely lacks in several areas. Too many managers they don't communicate well with each other.

Pros

Potential money

Contras

No life, poor communication with management, no breaks.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Overall good place to work.

Fast-paced work environment. New management is better than previous but it is a college town so there is a lot of employee turnover. You get out of this job what you put in.

Pros

Employee discount

High turnover

Overall a great company.

I enjoyed working for this company. There was a team environment and I got to help serve and meet a lot of wonderful guests. Management was fun to work with as well.

Pros

Discount

Slightly overwhelming when packed
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

A good temporary job for college or high school students.

No job security, no chance for advancement, you’re just a “warm body” with little or no appreciation. Management does not address employee issues. A lot of employees are unhappy working there, but the place is always busy so they probably get pretty good tips.

Pros

Great server staff and free breadsticks.

No breaks.

I absolutely love my job serving at Olive Garden

I have great managers who offer a very flexible schedule. I am almost always able to pick up shifts when I need extra money or give them up to someone else if I am unavailable to work. I make great tips and usually average around 17 an hour--Maybe 10 on a slow day, but at least 20 on the weekends and busy days, and I live in a small town. I love my coworkers and honestly feel like I have a second family/home when I'm at work.

Pros

Free soup and salad and create your own pasta, good management, excellent tips, flexible schedule

Unpredictable income, required holidays
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

fun place to work and room for moving up

fast passed and fun to work would start by tkaing tables and end by cleaning up your section super simple and easy to ger a flexible schedule if youre in school
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

DON'T waste your time apply here

I worked here as a busser, they don't listen to your availability at all! They get mad when you can't work your shift, whether you have transportation or not.

Pros

Free lunch but you have to have a manager sign off on a meal ticket to get your meal rung in

Contras

Tips, friendly co workers and customers
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Everything about the job is terrible including the manager missy.

Poor management, dirty environment. Needs an inspection. Roaches in kitchen where food is cooked. This is a terrible place to eat at please stay away.

Pros

Nothing.

Contras

Everything. Literally, do NOT work here, you will risk your health.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Management is All about sales.

They have too many servers on the floor and quickly seat guests to meet their sales goals. They only assign 3 tables to a Server. If a server takes one of your tables for a party, you’re down to only 2 tables since all the tables are assigned to other servers. One Saturday night the server who walked in 1 minute ahead was triple sat with 4 toppers (12 guests) while I only got double seated with 2 toppers (4 guests)because all they care about is sales.

Contras

They only assign parties to certain People.

Great place, great tips

Great place, great tips, great environment Excellent opportunities to cross-train, management was nice and team was great. Could make a lot of money
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

I didn’t like working at this company .Management was the worst

Management was the worst .They just don’t care about employees .Flexible schedule ? I didn’t see that .They hired me as a host ,but I did busser job and to go job .Everything except “server” that is for what I applied there

Pros

Coworkers

Everything else

Fun workplace

Great place to eat and everyone loves it so it’s busy all the time. Money is good for entry level server, teaches you lots of skills. Made great friends there.

Pros

Didn’t micromanage

Busy
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Stressful job as a server

Serving here is incredibly independent. I have served at a few places and none of them were as independent as this one. I had to take orders, make and get drinks, make and get breadsticks, soups and salads, make and get some desserts, find (always left in places that were not their "home") and refill cheese graters, get to-go orders, run orders, clean kitchen, clean section, clean table, and so much more. At my usual places you have a food runners, full staffed bar service, and food fully prepared for you to just run if needed. I have never had to prepare OR COOK for a serving position. The kitchen was unorganized and incredibly congested for servers to do their tasks and there was always SOMETHING happening to slow down the process which make it more stressful.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good place if you like fast paced work and making decent money for what you're doing

Overall I loved my coworkers even though with working in a restaurant there is always some amount of drama, if you stay focused it's a great place to work and the hours go by quicky. Cash tips are great to walk out with at the end of the day

Pros

Good money, hours go by fast

Contras

Physically demanding, plates are heavy, soup and salad, pasta, and drink refills make you run a lot
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

decent money if you can deal with horrific management

in your job description as a server, you are to offer insights if guests have questions, you are to take their orders, and bring them their food. sounds easy right? well it is, unless management is on you all the time about sales numbers so they can get their bonuses. well it is, unless management is constantly blaming everyone but themselves for problems. well it is, unless management is gaslighting you about staffing, rules, and everything else. well it is, unless management is treating everyone like children taking away things like your free food or going home when you're supposed to and punishing you like children for things like being a couple minutes late, or for not meeting sales numbers. Work for another restaurant before considering olive garden. only positive other than money is free meals, but one of the managers is trying to take that away, oh and for employees only. managers would still get free food

Pros

money is better than other non-serving jobs

Contras

no breaks, management couldn't care less about any of you, gaslit about problems in the restaurant, lack of accountability from management, it comes down to managers. they suck.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

it wasn’t a terrible experience..

I guess you could you could say the overtime pay was pretty nice but once they get comfortable with you, it’s kinda sad to see their true character come out

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Olive Garden. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3.7Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Olive Garden
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?