PetSmart

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 11.412 evaluaciones

ambiente de trabajo divertido

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Mucha enseñanza y desarrollo laboral dentro de un compañerismo bueno..

Fun

My experience at PetSmart. The employees are welcoming, concerning, and supportive. The schedule is flexible. I learned a variety of skills needed for the store to be successful. the management encourages employee success. The workplace and culture is fantastic.The hardest part of the job was when I tried to work as a groomer. I was not successful at that so the manager found what I was successful at. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with customers.

Bad management

It sounds exciting and fun at first to work for a big company like petsmart. But it’s just like every other big company. They only care about money, not the animals, not the employees. Specifically this location. They will act like they’re so lenient but they aren’t understanding at all. The pay is average but it’s not worth all the work. The hours are terrible they’re only good if you are looking for little hours if you’re in college it’s good but other than that don’t work here if you are looking to make income. You’ll get hired as one position yet get asked to do other things outside that department. Physically and mentally draining. Bad management. People are always quitting, and for good reason too. A lot of these jobs aren’t worth it anymore. And bosses/managers think it’s us, but in reality we just don’t want to work for a company that treats their employees like garbage. The animals are the only good part.

Pros

Animals, decent pay

Management, little hours
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Loved coworkers and interacting w/animals

The time I worked there was great, I loved my coworkers as well as the management. I enjoyed being able to walk around and talk to customers as well as their pets if they brought them in! If you love seeing animals I would recommend working here!

Overworked

They expect a lot from groomers. No receptionist. Quantity over quality big time here. Issues with favoritism. Not great insurance for the work you put in and what that can do to your body
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Overworked and stressful

Definitely did not get paid enough for all that we do in the salon and put up with. Loved working with the dogs and grooming but at the end of the day working in a big company like petsmart came with many flaws.

Terrible

Don’t fall for the scam of ‘making your own money’ as a groomer. Managers who have never worked in a salon will lie to you in an attempt to get more people in. You are forced to work with aggressive and uncooperative dogs. Some dogs would come in severely neglected and disgusting. Whether they’re covered in mats, body fluids, or fleas, you are expected to take these dogs and get them done in a timely manner. Would not recommend the salon to ANYONE. It is terrible and they do not care about their employees. There’s a reason most salons are badly understaffed
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Corporate , corporate , corporate. All they really care about is treat reward program signups and the gooming salons.

The upper management is mostly terrible. At least as far as our district goes. All focus is on the grooming salons. 18yr girls out of high school getting a higher starting wage than fully trained petcare specialists is also ridiculous. The " CORE " team is actually the most disregarded positions in the store. Lower pay, lower amount of hours and no full-time. Also 15% Employee discount and no bennefits to part timers is a joke.

Pros

pups

everything

Maybe a good first job

If you’re looking for a job that supports your schedule and balances your home and work life, this is NOT for you. The schedules are so hectic that part time employees struggle to have home life and advancing to full time is nearly impossible. If you’re trying to live off of Petsmart income, you might want to look elsewhere. If you are full time say goodbye to any choice of hours or days of week you work, they decide for you 100% unless you are taking some kind of leave or day off that you previously requested. If you are in pet care don’t expect to actually be able to have time to cake care of the living animals that you were hired to care for, they expect all animals to be taken care of and fed within 1 hour in the morning before continuing to other tasks in the store (The list of pet care tasks is ridiculously long). They do not see value in you if you don’t do exactly what they think is right for the store, even if there is animals that need attention. Also be ready for favoritism, and complete lack of training.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Only good part about store 1707, were the kind/caring coworkers I had worked with

Not worth my time. Little pay for work put in worthy of $13-15 minimum. At the time, hostile management, high work expectations - example: sell 10 coupon booklets by the end of your part time shift (4 hours) or for the stocking team - Arrange/stock these 15 pallets that are nearly 7 ft tall by the end of your stocking shift (normally by yourself WHILE fixing the already disarranged store shelves) (normally 4 hours - little help). Animal care was just depressing. Three separate times our aquatic section has a mass infection in the water which killed off all of the fish. When an animal has an infection/broken limb, they are discarded to the far back ISO to hopefully get better, but otherwise die off if treatment cant be given - reptiles, fish, hamsters, birds, etc.

Pros

good coworkers, good start for work.

Contras

no healthcare, lack of communication, lack of empathy or emotions, consistent position changes.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Long hours on a skeleton crew

Do not reccomend, the company will have us operating on a skeleton crew and still cut hours the next week. Awful pay, awful upper management, and never gives adequate care to animals
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

fun but hours arent stable

I liked working at PetSmart, but the hours were not stable. A typical day at work consisted of back up cash on weekends and peak hour, and working with customers t=finding products for their pets. In petcare you must maintain cleaniness of the animals habitats (and make sure they are in good health) on the floor and off the floor. Also scrubbing tanks and selling animals. Great place to work for fun! Personally I wouldn't recommend it if you were looking for a steady income though.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Fun environment but managers can be an issue

I loved the environment and work with the animals and was constantly learning new things, but the worst part was the management. Terrible attitudes, rude, not helpful, and just a terrible person all around. The management was the reason I left this business.

Pros

Good hours, flexible

Management issues
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

A Nightmare of a working environment

Petsmart promises alot of benefits, including PTO. When you request to take time off it is denied. Management is is terrible and performance expectations are unrealistic for time allowed. You are belittled and berated if you can't make their "performance goals." I refuse to step foot in any of their stores.

Pros

Insurance is good.

Terrible Management.

Love it

This job is different everyday. I love my coworkers and being around pets each day. Pay is lower then some places but a great place to work. So many challenges and goals to work towards

Animals. Strong culture

Fun place to work, fast paced environment. Not the greatest pay but in the 1yr I’ve been there I’ve accumulated more paid sick time than I did at my previous employer who laid off 90%of its workforce during Covid. This was after being with the company for 9 years. So in a work/life balance I choose petsmart!

Best suited for students

Always understaffed due to cooperate cuts. No proper training in pet care area. If you're looking for a career, you're not going to get it here. It's better suited for students who just need to make a few extra dollars, but don't expect to be able to live off the wage they give you. They only ever hire part time so then they don't have to pay for any benefits, vacation time etc. Poor management, very toxic work environment. If you love animals, this is not the place to work as there are many animal deaths in their stores. You'll experience a lot of stressful situations and death here.

Pros

Experience

Contras

Under staffed, poor wages, over worked, poor management, cooperate cuts, poor training, no room for advancement

No room for improvement.

Had very little training, no ability to climb, and couldn’t switch stores for relocation when I had to move, after saying it was allowed. Management was very unprofessional, and the care of pets was not always the priority. Definitely won’t go back.

Fun workplace

Overall it was a good first job. Seeing all the animals come in is a plus. But be prepared, you will deal with sick animals that sometimes don’t make it.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Fun place to work and loved going to work everyday

Petsmart is a great place to work and have fun on the job - who doesn't love animals?! It is a rewarding job helping pet parents make the right decisions for their furry friends

Pros

Coworkers

Angry customers
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Love my job, but very low pay

I absolutely love working with animals and making sure they are all well taken care of and have a really fun and comfortable stay with us. I just wish I would make more for all the work I do and where I would get recognized for all what I do for the animals and do right instead of all the knit picking over all the small things. Taking care of life’s should pay more than a fast food place does. I stay for the dogs and cats because I really really care for them, but I’m suffering paying my bills off.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en PetSmart. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3,4 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • PetSmart
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?