Preferred Home Care of New York

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 157 evaluaciones

Overall a great experience

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
The consumer directed program is great for building those relationships with patients and family. The ability to make your own schedule is helpful. Pay is not the best but worth it if you have a great family.

Pros

Flexibility in schedule

Low pay
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Disorganized, no support and nobody cares about the client.

I was so excited to provide caregiving services to someone in need, however my experience here has been awful. Clients treat you like a maid, no support from coordination. If a nurse even visits the client, they do it remotely, so you won't have a plan of care to work from. Long wait times on the phone just to get in contact with anyone. I can't wait to turn in my letter of resignation.

It's good for a minute

Unorganized staff, Management does not return calls or are you able to get in touch with them.The turnover rate is literally weekly in terms of supervisors.Management doesn't care about the client's, staff, or anyone else but themselves.Their idea of PROFESSIONALISM is sending Random Text TELLING something about a change with no explanation.Constantly offers 1-4 hour cases 100 miles away, expects you to travel to multiple locations 10-25 miles apart with no compensation for gas, wear and tear on vehicle WILL TELL YOU TAKE A TAXI IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DRIVE. They PRETEND the 29 cents a mile in travel reimbursement is a FAVOR even NYS disability requires more for travel reimbursement. With Gas at $5 a Gallon act confused why $13.25 an hour isn't maintaining a workforce.

Pros

Finding a New Job

Contras

Applying and being Hired.

Fun Workplace

Everyone is friendly and Helpful. Director is super amazing! As a CDPAP Coordinator you are given a caseload which you are responsible for daily follow ups and customer satisfaction

Everyone is friendly

Everyone shows a passion for wanting to work here and are really friendly. I feel empowered to get my job done and my coworkers are happy to show me something if i dont understand at first. There is always something to do and the days pass by really fast.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

the job is alright it all depends on patient

when it comes to being a HHA its a lot that comes with the job. At the overall office the staff is nice and treat everyone with respect, but when it comes to the patients that you work for its like Russian roulette you don't know too much about them and just thrown in the water with either cuddle fish or sharks lol.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Fun environment to work in.

I don’t have any complaints I’ve worked with them for 4 years already and have always had patients to work with. Working as a home health aide I’ve never had issues with work and my coordinators have been great as well. I enjoy working with preferred because they always have cases available.

Super management

Upper management clearly cares about the employees. Benefits are great and cozy workplace. Nice overtime hours and pay and decent bonuses given yearly m
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

There is no room for growth or career advancement. Management is inconsistent and decisions made are questionable. Not transparent. Learned what I needed to and met some good friends.

Too few assignments.

I only had few assignments. They never has enough work for me and it was very frustrating. But pay was on time and overtime pay was good. They keep changing coordinators every week too

Pros

Pay

Few cwork
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Coordinators and managers don't care

Coordinators don't care!Coordinators force the aides to take a case. The aides that are working have to work double and triple shifts because replacement aides don't arrive. If the aide doesn't arrive you are obligated to stay and do another shift because replacements never arrive.The coordinators can be nasty.The aides do not get paid for the overtime worked. This is the worst agency ever. I strongly encourage you to stay away.

Pros

Non

Contras

Aides don't arrive, Coordinators and managers never pick up their phones, Aides don't get paid overtime for double or triple shifts, Aides must stay because if they don't they will be terminated for abandoning the patient, Too many to list

Unethical

leadership makes it painfully obvious that they care more about money than the well being of their employees. Beware of the executives, they are money hungry

Contras

Pay, benefits, support from management
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

No culture whatsoever, managers don't care, company is super chaotic

There is no way you will get a raise there or get promoted. A lot of executives are the family or friends, they don't care about whou you are and the turn over at the company is super high. Managers don't listen to suggestions to make things work, they go with their own ideas or put your ideas as their own so no appreciation there either. A lot of disrespectful people who think too high of themselves. HR manager spoke about the culture during my exit interview, the culture does not exist in this company nor does respect.

Pros

None at all. Save your mental health and don't apply

Contras

Too many to list. But really disrespectful, pay is horrible, make it seem like you owe them. Try to cut your hours

Wonderful

Love working for preferred, learned so much as an employee here that i was able to switch departments and become a greater asset to the. Only which i truly appreciate
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

You are given all the tools to perform

Excellent place to work very friendly people and lots of benefits. Now this is my opinion I had a good time working there and I dint considered my job to be difficult neither when I was in the authorization dept and later the coordination dept.I wanted to scaled but for some reason I didn't make it to supervisor ,the oportunitys was there many time .and It was given to out of the company people

Pros

Free coffee, tea, rooftop outdoor eating space

Contras

Covering for absentee co-worker's to often, of short staff for long periods of time.

Fake people & careless

This places is a careless place. Management is very poor & won’t assist their employees. When you complete something they will never be satisfied & willWant you to do more & more. I understand is a job however a healthy work environment goes a long way.

Few hours

I always struggle with getting more hours. And nobody seemed to care. I gave birth later and I was denied fmla and disability for weird reasons. Not a very nice place to work.

Too little hours
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

poor management, low paying wage

One of the worst companies you can work for. I used to work as a paraprofessional there and they only offered 15$ hourly which is considered to be a low paying wage considering the heavy workload and responsibilities. If you decide to work for this agency, I would suggest that you pick up a second job. They still require you to fill out a physical time sheet weekly and turn it in every week which is a huge inconvenience for a lot of other employees. This company offers very little to no benefits. My father passed away last year and they refused to accommodate me for PTO, because they do not offer bereavement leave. I couldn't even use any sick days because they were conveniently "Pending", mind you by that point, I was working there for about 5 months. Bottom line, If you get hit with an emergency, you are on your own because they don't care. The management is very poor, incompetent, unhelpful and disorganized. They love to give you the run around and keep you on hold when your calling about important matters. Some of the coordinators have a horrible work ethic and a bad attitude. I've witnessed so much laziness from the coordinators. Time and time again, they've only demonstrated how unreliable they are, you have to micromanage their staff to do their job. It took them 2 months to send me a simple employment verification letter. This agency had nothing good to offer to its employees besides a weekly paycheck. They won't even take the time to properly train its employees before sending them out to work. I'm so glad I left. I would not recommend this agency to anyone.

Pros

weekly checks, going home

Contras

low pay, weekly written timesheets, useless benefits & poor and unreliable management
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Poor leadership and Terrible pay.

I would Not recommend this company……….There are so many red flags…join if you want to experience the following :Racism….unsanitary……overworked……..payroll issues…etc

Pros

Short term job not long term

Terrible benefits, Terrible Pay, Unprofessional environment
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good for recent grads only

You have to beg for a raise every year and the gossip is out of control, even HR cant keep reports private. I would recommend for new grads to get experience only.

Pros

work independently

People working company

My experience working for preferred is excellent.Most crooked by everyone with dignity and respect professionalism supervisor always was available for any concerns of issue I had.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Preferred Home Care of New York. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general